Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #2986
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

Can I get a woot woot, LOL....just two more sleeps pop peeps then it's a week of magical bliss.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #2987
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine
Can I get a woot woot, LOL....just two more sleeps pop peeps then it's a week of magical bliss.
Yay! Have fun!! I still have 9 days
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #2988
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine View Post
WOOT WOOT!! for good weather and lots and lots of fun!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #2989
Kat016
DIS Veteran

I just checked the weather for the day we get to WDW...77/62....mostly cloudy. Beautiful! I can't check any further yet. But I'm so excited I'm close enough to start checking the weather!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #2990
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine
Me, too! But who can sleep? Too much to do and too excited to sleep!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #2991
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjus View Post
That makes me want to rent a car!!! 4 more sleeps til my little princess visits wdw for the first time!!
Nooooooooo! Don't do it! Our trip three weeks ago we rented a car for the first time instead of using DME. Nothing but problems, not the least if which was it taking over 90 minutes in line to get the car. There were 5 families in front of us... I was so relieved when I could return it (and I'm up before dawn for work anyways) that I had it back to the airport for 7:30am. After having AAA change the flat tire... (Did I mention it was a nightmare?) I was so happy to head over to DME to get my bus back to Pop, and they ended up sending a whole bus *JUST FOR ME*! I was floored! I'd expected to have to wait quite a while for it to fill up given the early morning time. We said never again to renting a car at MCO!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #2992
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
Nooooooooo! Don't do it! Our trip three weeks ago we rented a car for the first time instead of using DME. Nothing but problems, not the least if which was it taking over 90 minutes in line to get the car. There were 5 families in front of us... I was so relieved when I could return it (and I'm up before dawn for work anyways) that I had it back to the airport for 7:30am. After having AAA change the flat tire... (Did I mention it was a nightmare?) I was so happy to head over to DME to get my bus back to Pop, and they ended up sending a whole bus *JUST FOR ME*! I was floored! I'd expected to have to wait quite a while for it to fill up given the early morning time. We said never again to renting a car at MCO!
I've rented at MCO many times and it's always been a breeze. It's so much easier having a car at WDW.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #2993
keekfemom
Earning My Ears

We have been here since Saturday! Our last day is tomorrow . Pop has been great, it's our first time here. We are staying in the 60s, building 5. We had a fridge and new bedding at check in. Mouse keeping has been leaving better towel animal arrangements each day. Apparently the a/c has some kind of motion detector so it can get kinda warm while we are sleeping. The bas to the hotel from the parks is always the furthest which kinda sucks at night with 2 exhausted kids! Also, I did not realize milk and juice are not on the rapid refill and I don't allow my kids to drink soda, so they are stuck with hot cocoa or lemonade if I don't want to buy drinks for them. Would've been nice to know . All of the staff have been super friendly and people are wishing my daughter a happy birthday constantly (she loves it)! Weather has been HOT! We live in NC and it's still really hot for us. I think it was about 90 today? My mom looks like she might have some sun poisoning on her chest so she may have to skip the park for our last day tomorrow. So sad that are vacation is already almost over!!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #2994
mara512
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I just checked the weather for the day we get to WDW...77/62....mostly cloudy. Beautiful! I can't check any further yet. But I'm so excited I'm close enough to start checking the weather!!!
Accuweather.com lets you look at the weather for the whole month. We are at 10 days I can not wait!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #2995
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Just did our airline check-in. Got Group A for the Southwest leg and our seats together for the AirTran leg. Yay!

I can't believe tomorrow at this time we will be on the plane!

Old 10-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #2996
Pikester
DIS Veteran

We rented a car during our 10/1-10/9 trip and we had no problems. We rented from Dollar and they have a free VIP club you can join. This allows you to skip the reservation desk inside MCO and head right out to where the cars are. You walk up to the little check in building out there and there is a board on the side that has your name and a parking space number (we had #4). Walk to the car, doors are open, trunk is open, keys are in it and paper work is hanging from the rear view mirror. My DH did a walk around to take note of any damage so that we wouldn't be blamed for it upon return. Loaded up, got in and drove away. Did have to stop one more time to show paperwork to a guard shack to confirm that we were who we said we were.

Returning the car was just as easy if not even easier. Arrive at airport and follow return rental car signs. Follow Dollar signs, pull up as directed by person directing rental car traffic. The attendant came over, scanned the bar code on the car window, looked for damage, checked that we'd filled the tank, asked us if we had everything out of the car, made sure the price she quoted was the one we'd been quoted and off we went.

Like anything, everyone has a different experience. Just wanted to add ours in case someone was worried about renting.

Just wanted to add that my DH was really excited to find out that Southwest participates in being able to check in your bags while at Disney. On our last day we brought our luggage down to bag check in so that we didn't have to worry about doing it once we were at the airport. That made dropping of the rental even easier. Once we were done we just headed for airport security as we had also had a CM print our boarding passes off for us while at Pop.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #2997
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara512

Accuweather.com lets you look at the weather for the whole month. We are at 10 days I can not wait!
Ill have to check that out...we're at 8 days! I leave next Saturday! That sounds so much closer than 8 days lol
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #2998
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekfemom View Post
Also, I did not realize milk and juice are not on the rapid refill and I don't allow my kids to drink soda, so they are stuck with hot cocoa or lemonade if I don't want to buy drinks for them. Would've been nice to know .
The refillable mugs have always been for coffee, tea, cocoa, and fountain drinks only -- back when they first started, through the various mug configurations, and now with the Rapid Refill program. Milk and juice have never been available at the fountain; they are sold as individual drinks. Milk and juice are much more expensive than the other drinks -- I believe Coke gives the fountain product to WDW. Sorry you didn't know that before you went and it's good information for newbies.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #2999
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

single digits! 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #3000
blondejrsygrl
Severe Disney Addict

Talking 14 days to go!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it anymore. I'm checked in and got my bands. My FP+ have been selected. I'm even mostly packed. I need to find other stuff Disney related to do.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: