Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #2926
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Meeting my first love on this trip. I haven't seen him in 16 years, we've known each other for 27 years (he was my best friend in high school). He lives in Florida (where we grew up). We are both divorced, single parents and have been talking & texting for a couple years. He's bringing his kids to Orlando to see us and we are going to hang out for a few days. I'm super excited and even more nervous for this trip!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #2927
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateubanks72
We had had new fridge in the 50's section building 2. We checked out on Monday..no new bedding though.
Thanks for that update. We requested 50's preferred so hoping we have a new fridge when we arrive this Sat.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #2928
Conchflyr
Earning My Ears

Room only Magic Bands?

I booked Pop (1/8-1/14) a few days ago for a room only reservation since I have an AP. I keep on checking the Disney website to see if I have a MB invitation waiting for me, but none yet. Have they been doing MB's for room only reservations? What is is the magic trick to get MBs?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #2929
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade
Meeting my first love on this trip. I haven't seen him in 16 years, we've known each other for 27 years (he was my best friend in high school). He lives in Florida (where we grew up). We are both divorced, single parents and have been talking & texting for a couple years. He's bringing his kids to Orlando to see us and we are going to hang out for a few days. I'm super excited and even more nervous for this trip!
Omg that's so cute!!! Have fun!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #2930
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Awww..

My sister ended up marrying her high school love after they had gone their separate ways (marriage, kids, divorce). I hope you guys have a nice visit!!!!!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #2931
wdwlovingmomma
Earning My Ears

The time has definitely got away from me! I haven't packed yet, were are trying to keep it a surprise from our girls. Was going to do it sunday while dh took them out for the day but ended up getting called into work
I am going to have to pack saturday morning before we fly out, I just hope nothing gets forgotten.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #2932
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Got the boys' cinch packs from 31 tonight! Now to start putting their presents in there.
The comical DS (6)

Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #2933
TVmom
Earning My Ears

Hi, I am planning our family's first Disney trip. Both my parents and In-Laws want to come with us. We are a family of 5 (not including parents) so we are probably going to stay at AOA in a family suite. I'm concerned that the price and elaborate theme-ing of AOA might be too much for the parents. ( I can't see my dad in a LM room )Is POP walking distance to AOA? POP seems like a better fit for them.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #2934
April7901
Mouseketeer

<-- checking in Saturday.

<-- practically squealing.

I cannot believe, after all this time planning and scheming that I finally get to actually go.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #2935
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVmom View Post
Hi, I am planning our family's first Disney trip. Both my parents and In-Laws want to come with us. We are a family of 5 (not including parents) so we are probably going to stay at AOA in a family suite. I'm concerned that the price and elaborate theme-ing of AOA might be too much for the parents. ( I can't see my dad in a LM room )Is POP walking distance to AOA? POP seems like a better fit for them.
I have yet to actually stay at Pop, still in the planning process for our trip there in May! But I have stayed at Art of Animation and yes, Pop is walking distance from AoA. There is a bridge that crosses Hourglass Lake and puts you at the end of the Nemo rooms!

Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report 10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #2936
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Wow! That sounds so exciting! have fun!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #2937
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchflyr View Post
I booked Pop (1/8-1/14) a few days ago for a room only reservation since I have an AP. I keep on checking the Disney website to see if I have a MB invitation waiting for me, but none yet. Have they been doing MB's for room only reservations? What is is the magic trick to get MBs?
Yes, you will get bands for a RO reservation with an AP. The rumor I have heard is to expect a full roll out for all resorts by the end of October. There is no magic trick to getting the bands. Your trip is still well beyond 60 days out. Just keep checking your MDE next month.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #2938
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlovingmomma View Post
The time has definitely got away from me! I haven't packed yet, were are trying to keep it a surprise from our girls. Was going to do it sunday while dh took them out for the day but ended up getting called into work
I am going to have to pack saturday morning before we fly out, I just hope nothing gets forgotten.
Make a list! I have a Disney packing list that I modify for each trip. When we've got a trip coming up, I put the document on my desktop and add things to it whenever I think of them. It keeps me sane so I'm not worrying about forgetting things. And one thing I've learned is that if you do forget something, you can almost always find it on property. You may have to ask for it, but they really do have almost everything you need available. Of course you'll pay a premium for it, but at least you can get it. Enjoy your trip!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #2939
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901
<-- checking in Saturday.

<-- practically squealing.

I cannot believe, after all this time planning and scheming that I finally get to actually go.
Yay! So exciting....we leave next Saturday and I feel the same way. We planned a year ago.....
Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #2940
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy

Make a list! I have a Disney packing list that I modify for each trip. When we've got a trip coming up, I put the document on my desktop and add things to it whenever I think of them. It keeps me sane so I'm not worrying about forgetting things. And one thing I've learned is that if you do forget something, you can almost always find it on property. You may have to ask for it, but they really do have almost everything you need available. Of course you'll pay a premium for it, but at least you can get it. Enjoy your trip!
I've had a list going on my phone since the day we booked our trip....a year ago lol
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: