Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #2851
iluvjus
Earning My Ears

I will be at the airport this time next week!!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #2852
Susiec
Mouseketeer

Yesterday was a very eventful day in getting ready for our upcoming disney trip. We deep cleaned the carpet and sofa and love seat. We got hubby's car oil changed, all fluids changed, engine flushed, fuel system cleaned, new tires and washed and detailed inside and out.. Now Friday needs to hurry so we can leave 5 days to go.

What do you do to get ready

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #2853
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

I have multi list OCD that I'll check and recheck a million times this last week. It will probably drive DH nuts. I'm a crazy planner when it comes to trips and since this is DD's first Dis trip, I want to make it as magical as possible for her. Will start packing clothes on friday.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #2854
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Talking Omg

OMG. I can do online check in tonight. I don't know what to do. Too excited to do it though. Is this a normal feeling to have. I have nothing to rate this against having never been before. I just want to grab everyone and tell them. So sorry to dribble so much. I guess it just became a little more real is all. And I just needed to share.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #2855
Patrickiii
Earning My Ears

In 7 days we will be at Pop .
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #2856
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovePumbaa View Post
OMG. I can do online check in tonight. I don't know what to do. Too excited to do it though. Is this a normal feeling to have. I have nothing to rate this against having never been before. I just want to grab everyone and tell them. So sorry to dribble so much. I guess it just became a little more real is all. And I just needed to share.

Awesome! Go ahead and be excited, because it is exciting!! Yahoo...Enjoy your trip!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #2857
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
Checking in on Thursday. Went to the doctor today and have strep. This stinks! I've been looking forward to this trip since May. Ugh!
OH NO!! SO many of our trips were centered around packing MEDS!!!
I learned to say...." I'd rather have strep in WDW than sitting around at home"
Hope the Florida Sunshine heals you instantly!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #2858
BCMom12
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone, we returned from a week long stay at Pop on Friday and were very pleased with Pop. We had two adults and two children (4 and 10months) in our room and it was sufficient size. Slightly small but fine. When we arrived our Pack and Play was not in the room. We also did not have a fridge. I called the "front desk" and questioned the fridge situation. I was told that one was not available. I requested the credit and was informed, after being put on hold, that those were no longer being given as everyone had been informed about the lack of fridges in the rooms. We did not receive any notification through disney and I shared that information. I was told there was nothing that could be done. My husband went to the front desk for another issue and mentioned the fridge again. When the pack and play was delivered so was a fridge. We were very grateful! On the second day of our trip we came back to the room to find two fridges! We were in the 90s section building nine. We were on the fourth floor facing the parking lot and had no noise issues.

We only ate in the food court once and it was fine. We did walk over to AoA one evening and ate in the food court there which was a nice change. Most of our time was spent in the parks and so most meals were there or in the room. I felt that Pop was very well kept and our room was nice and clean. We did not have new bedding. Pools were nice and shuttles were no problem. There were some waits during peak times but we expected that.

Overall we had a great time and would not hesitate to stay at Pop again in the future. Cast members were friendly and helpful. We lost two items during the trip (totally our fault) and both were found and returned to lost and found. Very surprised that we were able to recover both items.

We did have the MB and utilized FP+ and I really liked it. We did not have any problems with the bands. I did notice that the lines for people using the bands were longer probably because they were new and people were unsure of exactly how to use them. For example, often times the fast pass line would be long from the scanner because of people trying to scan the bands. Once you passed that point no problem!

I gained so much information from the boards so please feel free to ask any questions. I am happy to provide any information I can.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #2859
Kat016
DIS Veteran

I just realized MDE has 13 days left, which is right, and my phone app has 12. Either way....its sooooo close!!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #2860
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

2 weeks!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #2861
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMom12 View Post
Hello everyone, we returned from a week long stay at Pop on Friday and were very pleased with Pop. We had two adults and two children (4 and 10months) in our room and it was sufficient size. Slightly small but fine. When we arrived our Pack and Play was not in the room. We also did not have a fridge. I called the "front desk" and questioned the fridge situation. I was told that one was not available. I requested the credit and was informed, after being put on hold, that those were no longer being given as everyone had been informed about the lack of fridges in the rooms. We did not receive any notification through disney and I shared that information. I was told there was nothing that could be done. My husband went to the front desk for another issue and mentioned the fridge again. When the pack and play was delivered so was a fridge. We were very grateful! On the second day of our trip we came back to the room to find two fridges! We were in the 90s section building nine. We were on the fourth floor facing the parking lot and had no noise issues.

We only ate in the food court once and it was fine. We did walk over to AoA one evening and ate in the food court there which was a nice change. Most of our time was spent in the parks and so most meals were there or in the room. I felt that Pop was very well kept and our room was nice and clean. We did not have new bedding. Pools were nice and shuttles were no problem. There were some waits during peak times but we expected that.

Overall we had a great time and would not hesitate to stay at Pop again in the future. Cast members were friendly and helpful. We lost two items during the trip (totally our fault) and both were found and returned to lost and found. Very surprised that we were able to recover both items.

We did have the MB and utilized FP+ and I really liked it. We did not have any problems with the bands. I did notice that the lines for people using the bands were longer probably because they were new and people were unsure of exactly how to use them. For example, often times the fast pass line would be long from the scanner because of people trying to scan the bands. Once you passed that point no problem!

I gained so much information from the boards so please feel free to ask any questions. I am happy to provide any information I can.
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at Pop! Due to budget issues, I called Disney this morning to change my resort from the Wilderness Lodge to Pop (which I really didn't want to do because WL is my dream resort and I've never stayed there before), but I read good reviews about Pop and I'm saving over $600 by switching to a preferred room there. I've never stayed at a value resort before, but I don't plan to spend much time at the resort anyway, so I think I'll be able to manage.

We leave early next month and I will definitely report back to share my experience. I'm sure it will be an adventure!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #2862
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan2013 View Post
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience at Pop! Due to budget issues, I called Disney this morning to change my resort from the Wilderness Lodge to Pop (which I really didn't want to do because WL is my dream resort and I've never stayed there before), but I read good reviews about Pop and I'm saving over $600 by switching to a preferred room there. I've never stayed at a value resort before, but I don't plan to spend much time at the resort anyway, so I think I'll be able to manage.

We leave early next month and I will definitely report back to share my experience. I'm sure it will be an adventure!
We stay in standard rooms at the Pop and love it. We use to stay at the Poly, but when we decided to go to Disney with just the three of us last year - we took a chance on the Pop. Like you, we do not spend a lot of time in the resort anyway. We just braced ourselves for a smaller room and not a lot of amenities and were pleasantly surprised! We just got back yesterday from our 2nd visit to the Pop, and are talking about our next trip. For us, we love the location of Pop - we always have a rental car and the Pop is easy to get to the parks and DTD. Also we like the size of the resort. Easy to park and get to the room. Our room was a quick walk between two of the pools which was awesome. The pools are fun at the Pop and the overall theme is really great. I thought the values would be skimpy on theming and landscaping and such, but they are not.

I hope you enjoy your stay and get to stay at your dream resort someday soon. For us, we love not spending a ton of money on our resort stay. We don't have to hunt down discounts and hope for pins! It simplifies that part of our vacation. For so many years we assumed that the resort would always cost more than our park tickets and airfare - but with the Pop, that has all changed. It's a minor expense in comparison now!!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #2863
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Tried to place our garden grocer order tonight. When we went to pay it said
It couldn't process the transaction. So.I called and they said everything looked good on their end. My husband went to lig into our bank acct and saw that our bank is doing updates so its inaccessible. So because they want to update their system I can't use my credit card....glad I'm not going food shopping, like I do every couple of weeks. And of course they're closed tomorrow because of the holiday. I guess we'll finish our order on tuesday.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #2864
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016
Tried to place our garden grocer order tonight. When we went to pay it said
It couldn't process the transaction. So.I called and they said everything looked good on their end. My husband went to lig into our bank acct and saw that our bank is doing updates so its inaccessible. So because they want to update their system I can't use my credit card....glad I'm not going food shopping, like I do every couple of weeks. And of course they're closed tomorrow because of the holiday. I guess we'll finish our order on tuesday.
Just got our pmt to go through...phew
Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #2865
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

This page has gotten to quiet.....where's my "checking in this weekend" peeps at??? :-)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: