Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #2746
redhed7588
Earning My Ears

We will be there Mar 27-Apr 5. The wait is torture!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #2747
Tartanmom3
Earning My Ears

Can't wait for my first stay at POP! Only 32 days to go!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #2748
teacher31
DIS Veteran

Checking in on Thursday. Went to the doctor today and have strep. This stinks! I've been looking forward to this trip since May. Ugh!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #2749
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31
Checking in on Thursday. Went to the doctor today and have strep. This stinks! I've been looking forward to this trip since May. Ugh!
Oh no!!! Start taking the meds....drink lots of fluids and rest as much as you can. And feel better!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #2750
Arielle71
Earning My Ears

Hi disers, we checked in this pm around 1 and there was no line at all.
Our 3 requests( 60's,top floor, facing the lake) were met. We are in building 5 and we have the mew bedding, itīs the white triple sheet thing but there is nothing at the foot, no covers. We also have a new fridge, itīs a little bit bigger than the one we had last april and itīs placed in the same cabinet but they removed the door for good so it should stay colder!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #2751
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the room update. Hope you have a magical trip.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #2752
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine View Post

Thank you for that update on the fridge status in the 50's bldg. Did you also have the new bedding? It's great to know they are getting them installed as quickly as could be expected.
We do not have the new bedding. But we did remove the comforters and rolled them up (like a sleeping bag) and stacked them in the corner next to the sink. So it feels sort of like we have the new bedding. Haha.

am not sure the whole building has new fridges - I just sort of assumed that someone had requested this one prior to our stay. We were in 50's Building 2 the first night and there was no fridge at all. We are currently in Building 3. Good luck getting one!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #2753
swthrtpallanes
Earning My Ears

3 more days!!!
Ethan
Samantha
Old 10-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #2754
HalloweentwnPrincess
Earning My Ears

Hi, will be at Pop in a week! Just wondering if the rooms at have an iron in the room or laundry? TIA

Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #2755
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweentwnPrincess View Post
Hi, will be at Pop in a week! Just wondering if the rooms at have an iron in the room or laundry? TIA
There is an iron and ironing board in the room.

This is from post #5 of this thread.

Washers/dryers are available in the poolside bathroom buildings located in the 50s, 60s, and 90s. These are coin operated and are available 24 hours; however, a room key is required for access after 9:00 pm (there are change machines in the bldg).
Laundry products are available for purchase in vending machines and also Everything Pop.
$2 each for the washer and approximately a 20 minute dryer cycle
No seating available in laundry bldg.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #2756
marymaya
Mouseketeer

3 days! thank goodness for amazon prime! Ordering last minute stuff! We are surprising our kids the morning of by dressing in mickey shirts and ears and giving them envelopes wrapped in disney shoe boxes. The envopes have pictures of the magic kingdom and a letter from mickey! We keep telling them "I see magic in your future" and they are so wierded out, lol.A little stressed about flying with kids for the first time snd the crowds that are expected this weekend. Having sudden fears about what could go wrong on the trip.,.Wish us luck! The kids are going to love pop!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #2757
Jntt301
Earning My Ears

Pop Breakfast pizzas

Can anyone confirm if these are still available at breakfast? My daughter was really looking forward to them but I don't see them on the menu. They were scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and a white "gravy" on top of a crust. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #2758
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaya View Post
3 days! thank goodness for amazon prime! Ordering last minute stuff! We are surprising our kids the morning of by dressing in mickey shirts and ears and giving them envelopes wrapped in disney shoe boxes. The envopes have pictures of the magic kingdom and a letter from mickey! We keep telling them "I see magic in your future" and they are so wierded out, lol.A little stressed about flying with kids for the first time snd the crowds that are expected this weekend. Having sudden fears about what could go wrong on the trip.,.Wish us luck! The kids are going to love pop!
So exciting! Have fun
Old 10-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #2759
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

TA booked our trip this morning! We'll be staying at Pop 5-22 to 6-1!!! 225 days... WAY too long!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #2760
MandyMo427
Earning My Ears

just got back from Pop!

Having WDW withdrawls... just got back from a week at Pop!

I stayed in room 1167 -- so building 1, 50s, king bed. We had a working fridge and it seemed new! (I wasn't expecting a fridge because we had received the letter that said we wouldn't have one.) I don't know what people are saying about new bedding versus old bedding, so I can't really comment on that. I had the same type of comforter that I have always had at Pop, so I guess that's the old bedding?

We arrived at the resort just before 11 a.m. and they let us check in immediately and we had access to our room. I was surprised by that.

One thing that disappointed me: the waffles used to be served with strawberry sauce and whipped cream, and now it's more like whole strawberries and blueberries and no whipped cream... which I know is better for you, but still!

Also, I highly recommend Mouse House Concierge for delivery of some basic groceries. We had soda and water delivered -- very affordable, no extra service or delivery charges. The bell service brought our delivery to our room immediately after we checked in. We were able to bring these cans of soda into the parks with us, too, and by getting free cups of ice at counter service restaurants, we did not need to use our snacks on our dining plan for drinks -- saved those for F&W treats!

To all of those about to travel -- have fun!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: