Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #2566
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I have a question about king beds too. I'm going back and forth about asking for one myself.

Would it be better to have the two beds (and therefore be able to pick the more comfortable one) or just the one king bed and have a little more room in the room? What's your opinion?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #2567
SuperJess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I have a question about king beds too. I'm going back and forth about asking for one myself.

Would it be better to have the two beds (and therefore be able to pick the more comfortable one) or just the one king bed and have a little more room in the room? What's your opinion?
I'm glad I'm not the only one I go back and forth between wanting some extra space on vaca but saving money by staying at a value. I do adore and love my DH, but after walking all day I love a sprawl.

June 1992 Off-site * March 1997 Off-site * June 2001 Off-site * January 2010 AKL * December 2011 POFQ * Septmeber2012 POR * January 2014 POFQ * January 2015 POP with the Family *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #2568
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Ha. Even if it were just DH and I on this trip, I'd still opt for 2 double beds. Sleeping with him is like sleeping with DS4- only worse because he's, well, adult-sized!

Anyway, there are 3 of us, so 2 beds it is. I'm hoping DS will opt to bunk with DH; however, sometimes I think DH's moving around bugs DS. With 8 days, I will put someone in the bathtub if I don't get my sleep!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #2569
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

Old 10-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #2570
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I have a question about king beds too. I'm going back and forth about asking for one myself. Would it be better to have the two beds (and therefore be able to pick the more comfortable one) or just the one king bed and have a little more room in the room? What's your opinion?
DH and I are here right now and have two beds. We each get our own and are enjoying the chance to sprawl.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #2571
babynala
DIS Veteran

I think the King rooms are also handicapped accessible so guests that require a handicapped room would be assigned to those rooms first.

If we have a second bed in our room that is not being used I always end up using it as extra storage area.

So what's up with all the Love Bugs? We have been in October a few times and we've never had to deal with love bugs. They were plentiful on a visit to Orlando we took in April one year and they drove my DS crazy. Are they normally out this time of year? Hope they are gone in 8 days.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #2572
sherpa88
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to be checking in to pop oct 15 through the 21, hoping for a 60s room
Old 10-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #2573
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
I think the King rooms are also handicapped accessible so guests that require a handicapped room would be assigned to those rooms first. If we have a second bed in our room that is not being used I always end up using it as extra storage area. So what's up with all the Love Bugs? We have been in October a few times and we've never had to deal with love bugs. They were plentiful on a visit to Orlando we took in April one year and they drove my DS crazy. Are they normally out this time of year? Hope they are gone in 8 days.
I've seen a couple love bugs and that was it. Been here since Tuesday the 1st and will be here until the 9th.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #2574
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post

So what's up with all the Love Bugs? We have been in October a few times and we've never had to deal with love bugs. They were plentiful on a visit to Orlando we took in April one year and they drove my DS crazy. Are they normally out this time of year? Hope they are gone in 8 days.
They are normally a May/September issue and only last a few weeks, so I would expect they should be gone soon. Like after we are there and head back home 10/25.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #2575
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
I'm in the 60s Building 4, 4th floor and we have a new fridge. FYI, when we got here the fridge wasn't cool at all, my DH pulled it out of the cabinet and was able to adjust the temp in the back. We had to fix it this morning as my snack size carton of milk had iced up and so had a couple bottles of water.
Those small cooler/fridges don't feel cold inside unless they have food or drinks in them. The start-up instructions (which aren't left in the rooms) usually say to put a few bottles of room temperature water or other liquids in them for a few hours before making adjustments to the temperature because even though you don't feel cold/cool air in the fridge itself, it's still working properly and cooling at an appropriate level.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #2576
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
Those small cooler/fridges don't feel cold inside unless they have food or drinks in them. The start-up instructions (which aren't left in the rooms) usually say to put a few bottles of room temperature water or other liquids in them for a few hours before making adjustments to the temperature because even though you don't feel cold/cool air in the fridge itself, it's still working properly and cooling at an appropriate level.
Information I could have used a couple days ago. My husband said it wasn't even turned on but since I didn't see the button I can't say if he was mistaken. A good heads up to anyone who sees this.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #2577
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Information I could have used a couple days ago. My husband said it wasn't even turned on but since I didn't see the button I can't say if he was mistaken. A good heads up to anyone who sees this.
Since you're talking fridges, I wanted to pass along a tip that has helped us a bunch. It's a good idea to leave the door open on the cabinet that houses the fridge. By doing that, you are improving air flow which really helps the fridges get ice cold. We have never stayed at Pop so I'm not sure if the fridges are in a cabinet like they are at the other resorts we have stayed. Our last 2 trips I started doing that and the water bottles in the back actually started to freeze. When we would leave for the parks I would leave it wide open (after day 2 of coming back to the door being closed we started leaving a note for mousekeeping to leave it open and they would). When we were in the room, I would wedge a wash cloth in to prop it open. I used to think the fridges were just not that good. But not anymore.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #2578
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him

Thank you. He was one of the "lucky" 5% to develop scar tissue after his 1st surgery so he had to have a 2nd at 4 mos old to work on his pulmonary artery and valve (Dr had to widen both). Due to that, he will likely need a valve replacement at some point b/c the patch on his valve won't grow with him. He sees his cardiologist 1x a year and this past May, the pressures on the right side (where the pulmonary valve originates) were twice as high as last year but we were assured that there's nothing to worry about at this time- it could be a growth spurt or the fact that he was less than calm (ha!) during his echocardiogram.

Believe it or not, one of my sisters is still smoking. It's such an addictive thing. She quit for a little bit after Mom died and then tried again after my DS was born (we live 12 hrs away but when she was here after his birth and diagnosis, she realized she needed to be smoke free for his best interests). Unfortunately, that didn't last and she's still smoking.

Oh yes! The absence of motorcycle helmets gets me too!!

Thank you! Our world has been opened wide to so many kiddos who have gone through so incredibly much in such a short time. Some have sadly lost their battle. I'm amazed, daily, by the strength of these children and their parents.
My husband was in a motorcycle accident about 6 yrs ago and the only thing that saved him was his helmet. So she's pretty vocal about it. Lol
My niece was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 18 months old, she's 9 now. When I visited her at CHOP it was heart breaking. The parents of these kids along with the kids are my heroes. They, including you and your family, go through more than they deserve to.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #2579
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
My husband was in a motorcycle accident about 6 yrs ago and the only thing that saved him was his helmet. So she's pretty vocal about it. Lol
My niece was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 18 months old, she's 9 now. When I visited her at CHOP it was heart breaking. The parents of these kids along with the kids are my heroes. They, including you and your family, go through more than they deserve to.
WOW! I'm glad he's all right. Thank goodness he had a helmet on!! So scary. DH's uncle was in a slow-speed car vs motorcycle accident (he was on the motorcycle) w/o a helmet. He nearly died and has a TBI as a result. He is now estranged from his sons b/c of it. He literally lost his right mind.

I've heard of CHOP. It has a great heart hospital for kids. I'm sorry your niece had to battle that disease. So scary. I'm so glad she's all right!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #2580
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I just had to share.

My daughter fell off her 3 year old mustang when she was 10 years old and he accidentally kicked her in the head as he was trying not to crush her. He punctured the helmet but thankfully it protected her head and she was uninjured.

There's no doubt in my mind that helmet saved her life, or at the very least from severe head trauma. We became a VERY pro helmet family after that!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: