Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #2341
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
I shouldn't be surprised we didn't receive the no fridge letter yet. We also haven't received our MagicBands...they should've shipped a week ago but never did.

I've called Disney's IT every day this week and nobody understands why the order's been fulfilled yet no orders to ship them. Yesterday's CM put through a new "expedited" order, which according to the CM today when I called, has also been fulfilled. Once again, those MB's are sitting with no orders to ship them.

I know, I have 23 days till we arrive so I shouldn't worry. However, it seems EVERYONE on the DIS going on our same day has received theirs (excluding those who live out of the country). When Disney can't figure out what the problem is, I feel a bit justified to worry.

General consensus is we may or may not receive them, and could get stuck with grey ones at check in. Considering I customized them at 60 days out, I can't help but feel less than confident about the new system.

Here's to hoping something magical happens and they ship soon!
We had a similar experience. But I can't remember the exact status, sounds similar to yours. They were procesing but not shipped for like 4 days. Then I saw shipped one day and then recieved them the next day. Not sure if the system updates itself that much because the date on the shippment showed they had shipped a couple of days before they showed on Disney's web site.

Hope that makes sense
Old 09-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #2342
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanda7 View Post
Does anyone know if POP has a way to deal with perishables on check-in if the room is not ready? Could you check a cooler and come back to the desk to pick it up instead of having it delivered?
If you have a cooler, you can store that with the luggage assistance CMs. They would treat it like other items and give you a claim ticket. They also have a refrigerator and freezer available to store items for you.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #2343
Patrickiii
Earning My Ears

Just received the no fridge letter today . Didn't sat that we wouldn't have a fridge ,just said they were replacing them
Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #2344
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz

We had a similar experience. But I can't remember the exact status, sounds similar to yours. They were procesing but not shipped for like 4 days. Then I saw shipped one day and then recieved them the next day. Not sure if the system updates itself that much because the date on the shippment showed they had shipped a couple of days before they showed on Disney's web site.

Hope that makes sense
That makes me feel a little better...although it's now been 7 days.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #2345
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Also received the fridge letter today in the mail. Arrive Oct 19th. Hope we get lucky and have one.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 09-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #2346
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him

Thank you!!! :-)

Which icon was closest to your room in the 50's?
I always get bldg 1 (Lady) or bldg 3 (Tramp). I've never stayed in bldg 2. Again I LOVE the 50's!!! Thumbs Up!!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #2347
jwjulie
Earning My Ears

Our Mickey Mail came yesterday! We're 28 days from the start of our trip and 32 days away from arriving at Pop! I don't know what I'm more excited for, going back again... or getting to see the look on my friends face as she walks into MK after not being there for 20 years - for an 8:05 CRT ressie, before the park opens! She told me to have my camera at the ready because she's going to cry.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #2348
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Subbing in; I'm staying at POP for a REAL trip on 11/12. My last and only visit to POP was for one night before we moved to CR, but I'm staying solo for 4 nights this time. Any tips???
Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #2349
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Also received the fridge letter today in the mail. Arrive Oct 19th. Hope we get lucky and have one.
We got our letter today, too. I would kind of rather have the $15/night credit. POP didn't even have fridges until last year, so we had been accustomed to managing without one for years. Wouldn't mind the extra spending cash, but we'll be happy either way.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #2350
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

I always get bldg 1 (Lady) or bldg 3 (Tramp). I've never stayed in bldg 2. Again I LOVE the 50's!!! Thumbs Up!!
Thanks!!!

Looks like my requests held up even thru the FD craziness! When I called to pay off our trip (nothing like waiting til the last day!), he read off my requests: 1. 50's 2. Close to transportation & (he added today) 3. Ground floor.

I chose to keep all he had listed.

When I got the confirmation email, my eyes quickly spotted a CRAZY error. It had DME picking us up on 11/10. Uhhh, we don't fly in til the next day! Of course, I was in Wal-Mart with DS4 (who has NO idea we are going), so I couldn't call. This causes me to freak out internally, wondering if I booked the wrong date in the first place! Thankfully, I saved all my previous confirmation emails. It actually changed on 9/24 when I made a payment. The prior ones (initial res & FD) showed the proper dates. Needless to say, I called as soon as we got home and the very nice CM was quick to get help to fix it. Whew!!!!

Another strange thing was when I opted to hear the recorded breakdown of our trip, it mentioned "You have requested a refrigerator. If one is given, you may pay the fee upon checkout." Whaaaa?? I called back after I made our res (July) after the fridge recall was announced. That CM put in a request due to DS needing milk. When I talked to the CM today, she was all, "Yeah. It will either be $15/night, $10/night or may be included. We don't know yet." I'm pretty sure that isn't correct. Is it?

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #2351
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!!!

Looks like my requests held up even thru the FD craziness! When I called to pay off our trip (nothing like waiting til the last day!), he read off my requests: 1. 50's 2. Close to transportation & (he added today) 3. Ground floor.

I chose to keep all he had listed.

When I got the confirmation email, my eyes quickly spotted a CRAZY error. It had DME picking us up on 11/10. Uhhh, we don't fly in til the next day! Of course, I was in Wal-Mart with DS4 (who has NO idea we are going), so I couldn't call. This causes me to freak out internally, wondering if I booked the wrong date in the first place! Thankfully, I saved all my previous confirmation emails. It actually changed on 9/24 when I made a payment. The prior ones (initial res & FD) showed the proper dates. Needless to say, I called as soon as we got home and the very nice CM was quick to get help to fix it. Whew!!!!

Another strange thing was when I opted to hear the recorded breakdown of our trip, it mentioned "You have requested a refrigerator. If one is given, you may pay the fee upon checkout." Whaaaa?? I called back after I made our res (July) after the fridge recall was announced. That CM put in a request due to DS needing milk. When I talked to the CM today, she was all, "Yeah. It will either be $15/night, $10/night or may be included. We don't know yet." I'm pretty sure that isn't correct. Is it?
There is no addititonal charge for fridges. Before they added them to all of the rooms at the values, you could rent one for $10 a night. Don't sweat that. If it comes up again at check in, just talk to one of the front desk mgrs. They'll take care of it!! If they put in a request, they are considering it a 'medical need' and it should be included. But NO one should be paying a fridge rental charge anymore. I think his/her figures are coming from the old $10 rental charge and the current or recently discontinued $15 credit the resort was giving those not having a fridge but requesting one. Does that make sense?
If I were you, I would call back and remove that close to transportation request. They consider the 80"s/90's close to trans. So if a room assigner is trying to balance things, you could get put there!! Just sayin....
I know quite a few CMs who work at POP and they've kinda filled me in on how things work. It's totally up to you. But I'm just telling you what I would do if it was my reservation.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #2352
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
There is no addititonal charge for fridges. Before they added them to all of the rooms at the values, you could rent one for $10 a night. Don't sweat that. If it comes up again at check in, just talk to one of the front desk mgrs. They'll take care of it!! If they put in a request, they are considering it a 'medical need' and it should be included. But NO one should be paying a fridge rental charge anymore. I think his/her figures are coming from the old $10 rental charge and the current or recently discontinued $15 credit the resort was giving those not having a fridge but requesting one. Does that make sense?
If I were you, I would call back and remove that close to transportation request. They consider the 80"s/90's close to trans. So if a room assigner is trying to balance things, you could get put there!! Just sayin....
I know quite a few CMs who work at POP and they've kinda filled me in on how things work. It's totally up to you. But I'm just telling you what I would do if it was my reservation.
Yes, makes total sense. I'm not worried but I thought that was odd.

Oh my goodness, though DH said the 80's by the Rubik's cube (closest to the main building..Century Hall, is it?), doesn't look too bad. We both agree, however, that DS would LOOOOVE the "Lady and the Tramp" building! I guess I will call back tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #2353
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, makes total sense. I'm not worried but I thought that was odd.

Oh my goodness, though DH said the 80's by the Rubik's cube (closest to the main building..Century Hall, is it?), doesn't look too bad. We both agree, however, that DS would LOOOOVE the "Lady and the Tramp" building! I guess I will call back tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!
I have spent 119 nights at POP over the years and have only stayed in the 80's/90's area one night and it was AWFUL! NEVER AGAIN! For me, it was the worst experience I've ever had at any hotel there and I will not go back to that area. Personally, I think it is the worst for the main bldg/food court and bus stops BUT they consider close to transportation because you can cut thru the parking lot to get the bus stops quicker. Well for me, it does NOT work to cut thru a parking lot! So it is not a short cut. But that's not the only reason I don't llke the area. IMO, it tends to be a noisier area and if there are any travel groups, that's where they are going to be! Thanks, but No thanks! I'll stick to my 50's section! Nice and calm and quiet and relaxing! I love it!!

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 09-27-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #2354
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Check in 10/31 and I received both my Mickey mail and my fridge letter today. If they are already replacing the fridges at Pop, they must be expecting it to take a really long time to get it done!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #2355
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Is there a number I can call before we go to POP to find out if we're going to have a fridge? We want to order from garden grocer and we need a fridge.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: