Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #2266
chrishatton
Disney Dad

Any Updates On A Fridge?

Arriving 10/07 and wondering if anyone had heard anything further on the Magical Cooling Machines?

We don't actually "need" one, but it would certainly make two weeks a heck of a lot more comfortable.

POP 10/07/2013.......POP '08......Off Site '78
Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #2267
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer

We arrive on Oct. 19th. I received the " no refrigerator" letter yesterday.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #2268
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer

There are ALOT of us that are checkimg in on the 19th :-) I to received the no fridge letter via snail mail yesterday and on Monday, received the invite to test FP+ and MB's.......the first thing that popped into my head was "been there - done that" LOL. Us Disboarders are way more on top of it then Disney could even imagine :-)

Old 09-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #2269
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine View Post
There are ALOT of us that are checkimg in on the 19th :-) I to received the no fridge letter via snail mail yesterday and on Monday, received the invite to test FP+ and MB's.......the first thing that popped into my head was "been there - done that" LOL. Us Disboarders are way more on top of it then Disney could even imagine :-)
Counting down the days! Hard to stay focused on other things. See you all in a few weeks!!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #2270
shyjade
DIS Veteran

We arrive at Pop the 19th, too. No letter about the fridge yet, and no MagicBands either.

They are still in "fulfillment" (where they have been for a week now) yet nobody at Disney seems to know why when I call. I've been given the excuses "we (Disney) should receive the tracking number any moment now" (that was 2 days ago), "there are a lot of orders bring progressed so it takes time" (yet everyone else arriving the same day got theirs last week), and my favorite excuse, it IS in the testing stage yet". To which I said, "so they may or may not show up before or trip, and we could get stuck with ugly gray ones when we arrive at the resort even though we customized them 60 days before or trip?" The CMs only responder was "Yes". Grrrrr....

I really thought we would love the MBs but I am definitely not impressed with this glitch that they can't give me an explanation or help with.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #2271
nataliej_vk
Mouseketeer

Checked in yesterday and had no fridge. I went to the desk and asked of they could do anything as me and my daughter drink lots of water and would like one but understand If we don't have any priority. The Cm got on the phone and said no problem we will deliver one! Pixie dust!!!! But now I have an issue I paid for a priority pool side room but now after spending the night we hear kids till late and it's hard for my daughter to sleep and then for the first time she had night terrors!!!!! Woke me up 4 times I was so scared! Do you think if I asked nicely we could be moved somewhere quieter? I was googling night terrors and they said keeping a schedule and having quiet down time before bed helps :s buying don't want to come across as a winer
Dec 2012 - Disney Dream/Port Orleans - Riverside
Sept 2013 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2014 - Who Knows the world is my oyster!
Nothing Ventured nothing Gain - so give it a shot it may be worth it!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #2272
mikeeymike
Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!

Room Request

Since my wife and I are both born in the 70's, I updated my online check in to request a room on the highest floor, lake view and in the 70's building.

Did I make a good choice? We are traveling with DD5 and DD3 and I booked a standard room, with 2 double beds.

Next Disney Family Adventure: Nov 4-13, 2013 - DD#1 5 yrs DD#2 3 yrs - Pop Century Resort

2011 - Disneyland, family trip in December. DD#1 3 yrs, DD#2 1 yr, Park Vue Inn
2010 - Disneyland, family trip in August. DD#1 2 yrs DD#2 5 mths - stayed at Hojo Anaheim
2002 - Disneyland. Me + GF (now Wife) - stayed at the Westcoast Anaheim Hotel (now Sheraton Park Hotel)
1999 - Walt Disney World (April) with friends, stayed offsite
Old 09-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #2273
Susiec
Mouseketeer

I wanna go now

Old 09-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #2274
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude
Bizzare! We are at Pop right now in the 70's, ground floor. This morning as we were getting ready to leave some guys were putting refrigerators along the walkway outside the rooms. There were two fridges outside the rooms where the two room doors are side by side, if you get what I mean. I got excited and joked with the delivery guys that they could come on in right now. They said they were just staging them. I assumed they would be installed by someone else later today. Soooooo......we just got back and we don't have a new (or working) fridge. The old one (unplugged) is still in our room. Very strange. The fridges were not in boxes. I wonder what happened to them.
Update: We got a new fridge installed yesterday!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #2275
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiec
I wanna go now
Me too! And I still have 30 days
Old 09-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #2276
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokwynd View Post
Good news and bad news today:

Good news: I only have 8 days before I leave.

Bad News: I managed to lose my Driver's License and it's the only picture ID that I had. Replacements are on the way, and if they don't arrive before I leave a friend is going to over night them to me.

That being said I called Disney Travel and they said I should be fine to check in without the photo ID since I have the original credit card, my Social Security card and the temporary driving permit I was given by my DMV.

Are they correct, or will I have problems checking in to Pop?
Are you driving or flying? You'll have some extra hoops to jump through if you are flying, so you should check with your airline. With respect to checking in at the resort, your temporary driver's license will work. Do NOT give anyone your Social Security Card -- I suggest you not travel with it. Keep that thing locked up and away from anyone's eyes. If you happen to have an old, expired driver's license, that should work for picture ID for the resort.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #2277
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliej_vk View Post
Checked in yesterday and had no fridge. I went to the desk and asked of they could do anything as me and my daughter drink lots of water and would like one but understand If we don't have any priority. The Cm got on the phone and said no problem we will deliver one! Pixie dust!!!! But now I have an issue I paid for a priority pool side room but now after spending the night we hear kids till late and it's hard for my daughter to sleep and then for the first time she had night terrors!!!!! Woke me up 4 times I was so scared! Do you think if I asked nicely we could be moved somewhere quieter? I was googling night terrors and they said keeping a schedule and having quiet down time before bed helps :s buying don't want to come across as a winer
I would go down to the front desk and tell them your situation in person. Assuming there are rooms available, I'm sure they will move you.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #2278
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

Sadly, i don't have an expired license on hand, I am taking Amtrak and they said the temporary would work as well.

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
2016 AOA Cars Suite-(In planning)
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #2279
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

When staying at POR we had booked a 7 day package and then one night for our arrival night on a seperate reservation. We didn't need the dining on the one night. We were able to combine the rooms and so other than paperwork we didn't have to make any changes or switch rooms. Anyone done this at POP with success?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #2280
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Woke up and went to the gym earlier than usual because we have lunch plans today. OBVIOUSLY UPS came while I was out and tried to deliver my Magic Bands. The MB need to be signed for, so I'm I'll be awaiting the second delivery attempt tomorrow morning

No Mickey Mail yet, though. Maybe this week?

POP Century - October 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: