Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #196
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

I got my Magicband!

Went out shopping this morning and when I got home DH had it opened and presented out for me.

I tried it on and at first it isn't very comfortable. So I found where I like it clipped for my size wrist. Took it off and then kept bending the band until is was more circle or oval like so it wouldn't rub one side more then anouther and give my wrist room to move around. It is so much nicer now that I worn it in. Guessing that is one reason they give it to you early so it is comfortable when you get to the parks. It is a nice soft plastic feel not like my watch which is harder. I'll try and post pics of it later if I can but photobucket hasn't been letting upload lately for me.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

Old 07-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #197
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to get back to POP in 111 days. I miss my Lady, POP waffles & bowling pin pool.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #198
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I did online check-in yesterday. We have two rooms--one for me & my children, and the other for my MIL. I was able to check-in for one of the rooms, but not the other. Did I actually check-in both since the reservations are linked?

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 07-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #199
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelovesthemous View Post
Thank you to all who posted your thoughts and advice in our situation. Tell me what you think of my possible worse case plan. We arrive on the 17th of Aug. at pop for our room only if mum can't come what if I talk direct to guest services at Pop upon arrival regarding the checking in for the following day where our actual package begins?? I am wondering if less mistakes may occur if i do it face to face?!
I had another thought to those of you that might have an answer or experience. What about a room credit for her I mean if DD and I go without mum we will be there for 16 days it wouldn't be difficult at all to. Me a room credit for her tickets/DDP upgrade at all. Do you all think I would have better luck throwing that out as an option when we check in the day before for our room only??? Thanks again for any thoughts!!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #200
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Hello! We checked in to pop this morning and our fridge was out so we asked about any credit we could get applied and the CM we asked said since it was a complimentary service we could not get credit unless we needed the fridge for medical reasons and there are large fridges you can use at luggage check in if need be. Thought I would pass what we were told along!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #201
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Hello! We checked in to pop this morning and our fridge was out so we asked about any credit we could get applied and the CM we asked said since it was a complimentary service we could not get credit unless we needed the fridge for medical reasons and there are large fridges you can use at luggage check in if need be. Thought I would pass what we were told along!
I would escalate this. I think we've all read about people getting a $15 per night refund for the missing or non-working fridge and they didn't mention medical needs. I would want to make sure the front line CM was correct by asking a Lead CM...politely of course.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #202
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill

I would escalate this. I think we've all read about people getting a $15 per night refund for the missing or non-working fridge and they didn't mention medical needs. I would want to make sure the front line CM was correct by asking a Lead CM...politely of course.
I agree. I think its wrong that they just don't automatically offer the credit. It shouldn't even be something that we have to ask about.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #203
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
I agree. I think its wrong that they just don't automatically offer the credit. It shouldn't even be something that we have to ask about.
I also agree, it is included in the price of the room, so its not free

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Old 07-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #204
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I agree. The only account I've read of someone getting the credit was from a poster at POP.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #205
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Thanks for your replies!

Some more info: We paid for a standard room but requested a room by the bridge to AOA if possible and we were ended up getting put there which is actually in a preferred area. I'm not sure if this would make any difference?

However the guy we asked did not know which room (standard or preferred) we were in so it can't have been a deciding factor in that. He basically said that the fridges were complimentary and not included in the price of the room so a discount was not being given unless you had the medical needs of a fridge.

I'd read about people getting them too which is why my mom and I asked. We will go back tomorrow and ask again!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #206
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post

What she told you was incorrect, ask again. We received the credit last week and we had no medical reasons for the fridge.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #207
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I was wondering if special cakes (not the frozen Sara Lee cakes) could be delivered to Pop Century? I couldn't find anything online.

POP Century - October 2013
Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #208
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Question Where do we request????

Hey there everyone, I am a newbie on this thread. We are heading to WDW from Australia for our first ever visit and will be staying at POP from Dec 12 - Dec 19. There will be myself, DH, DD(14), DS(12) and my Mum(83). Mum will have an ECV, which I have booked from Apple Scooters. We want to make sure we are close to transport, as mum will be coming back to the resort a lot earlier than us, and I want to ensure she won't have far to go. What are your suggestions for which era we should request. At the moment we have Standard rooms, but are happy to go to preferred if need be. Suggestions please.......
Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #209
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovePumbaa
Hey there everyone, I am a newbie on this thread. We are heading to WDW from Australia for our first ever visit and will be staying at POP from Dec 12 - Dec 19. There will be myself, DH, DD(14), DS(12) and my Mum(83). Mum will have an ECV, which I have booked from Apple Scooters. We want to make sure we are close to transport, as mum will be coming back to the resort a lot earlier than us, and I want to ensure she won't have far to go. What are your suggestions for which era we should request. At the moment we have Standard rooms, but are happy to go to preferred if need be. Suggestions please.......
I think you will be just fine with a std room. There are many std rooms that are GREAT LOCATIONS!! And are easily and just as quickly accessible as preferred rooms. I would request to be in the 50's or 60's if I was you. I think those would be ideal locations for you with your mom! Enjoy your trip!!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #210
IlovePumbaa
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I think you will be just fine with a std room. There are many std rooms that are GREAT LOCATIONS!! And are easily and just as quickly accessible as preferred rooms. I would request to be in the 50's or 60's if I was you. I think those would be ideal locations for you with your mom! Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks stitch. I am so excited. I only just found this thread. I am now going to go back to Part 1 and read all the way through.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: