Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #2011
pookiener
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
We are flying and will have a rental car - but we are just going to pack a soft-sided cooler for the room.

Ok, glad I'm not just the only one who's going to be doing this. The only reason we really "need" a fridge is our 2 yo drinks milk for most of his fluids. But if using the soft-sided cooler gets to be too much of a hassle or doesn't keep the milk cold enough, we'll just buy milk everyday from the resort.

BTW, my travel agent gave me the # of a place that rents fridges:

The web site is KM-rentals.com and the phone number is 1-407-363-7388 or 1-855-643-6107

A week's rental is $70. I was going to do this, but when I called I was told we would have to be present to accept and return the fridge. We're flying in Sunday night (after the company closes for the day) and leaving Sunday afternoon.

I decided not to worry too much about the fridge situation. I just hope there's enough ice for our coolers. LOL
Old 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #2012
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiener

Ok, glad I'm not just the only one who's going to be doing this. The only reason we really "need" a fridge is our 2 yo drinks milk for most of his fluids. But if using the soft-sided cooler gets to be too much of a hassle or doesn't keep the milk cold enough, we'll just buy milk everyday from the resort.

BTW, my travel agent gave me the # of a place that rents fridges:

The web site is KM-rentals.com and the phone number is 1-407-363-7388 or 1-855-643-6107

A week's rental is $70. I was going to do this, but when I called I was told we would have to be present to accept and return the fridge. We're flying in Sunday night (after the company closes for the day) and leaving Sunday afternoon.

I decided not to worry too much about the fridge situation. I just hope there's enough ice for our coolers. LOL
There was another mom who posted about her child needing milk and they offered a fridge for medical reason. The CM told her that was a medical reason to have and they gave it to her. So maybe see if they will do the same.
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #2013
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Boo it won't let me check in online. It says "Sorry we are unable to complete your online checkin at this time. Please try again later." Has anyone else had this issue trying to checkin today.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I got an error message when I hit submit at the end of online check in but when I logged into MDE it said 'modify online check in' so it must have went through

I couldn't think of a preference, so it will be luck of the draw.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #2014
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiec View Post
MDE say my magic bands are being customized now and will ship soon. When can I expect them?
We got ours the next day after receiving the being customized message. It was next day air from UPS.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #2015
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

I called last night to check on our room requests.

Good thing I did because some how our Magical Express was lost. We had already recieved our tages and luggage stuff. She added them back on for us.

Our "WDW first trip" was also lost from our reservation too.

I asked about the Fridge thing and was told they are in process of replacing them and that she would put in a request.

Long story short - maybe a good idea to just call and check on your reservations and special requests.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #2016
stego
Mouseketeer

My once a year posting...

My wife and I will be arriving at POP on Oct 17, for 7 nights. In order to get the FD, we made a single night reservation for that night. I duly made our room requests on both our reservations. I've received our magic bands, our ME vouchers, and our commerative luggage tags(new style this year; and a different attachment/strap).
Our request was for Building 3, 4th floor, facing the lake. We'll see. I've stayed at POP 1 night a few years back. The reason why we chose POP was because of the dining situation at ASSp. My wife and I love ASMu, but the turn off was having all those folks from sports coming on over. So this year, we thought we would give POP a try.
I've read numerous accounts about the food court, and we typically don't go during busy hours. We pack cereal/protein shakes for in the room. Of course, I am open to walking across the bridge to AOA, as many other people have stated. It's usually for a few dinner & lunch services. We have a tendency to eat dinner early (6ish).
I've also heard about the fridge situation and I come here to check almost daily. That's what I will continue to do until the night before. I have a soft sided cooler that we received last year from Disney for our anniversary, which I can pack easily. Over the years I have modified our packing plans so I am pretty minimalist.
I've created an ever changing document that reflects my latest plans and packing. I know I am obsessive but it works...really. I am on board fully with the nextgen system and am willing to give it the old college try. That doesn't mean I won't bring my lanyard along, but I will take each day as it comes.
I personally don't believe in cases of water; I take a couple of refillable water bottles and a couple of small liquid add in's. When it comes to touring in the parks, minimal is the theme.
And speaking of theme, yes, I am one of those that HAS to match my clothing each day at the world. That is how obsessive I am.
To conclude our trip this year, my wife has a wound care conference over at the CR, so we have a split stay from Oct 24-27 there. We scored a super rate for the garden wing, and I arranged to go to MNSSHP on Fri Oct 25. It will be seriously cool to walk back to the CR after the party. I've gone over to easywdw to figure out how to plan my evening and our character photo quest. Trust me when I tell you there are many online resources for visiting the world.
Lastly, I want to thank the DIS community for being such a wonderful resource in our planning over the years!
Over and out...stego
Old 09-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #2017
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stego View Post
My wife and I will be arriving at POP on Oct 17, for 7 nights. In order to get the FD, we made a single night reservation for that night.
...stego
I don't understand this. Did you extend your reservation by adding a night at the beginning of your vacation? You wouldn't have gotten free dining with a single night reservation, you had to book at least 3 nights for free dining.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #2018
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

W stayed at Pop in January 2013 and had a fridge in our room that was free of charge. Did they change that back to having to request a fridge?

Sorry if the answer is somewhere in this thread....I haven't read it all yet.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 09-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #2019
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover
W stayed at Pop in January 2013 and had a fridge in our room that was free of charge. Did they change that back to having to request a fridge?

They are having to replace all of the fridges and haven't gotten to Pop yet.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #2020
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

From what I have heard technically it wasn't free just included in price.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #2021
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post

On July 10th Disney announced they were removing or unplugging refrigerators at all Disney resorts in Florida and California except DVC and Value Resort Suites because of a defect. There was a fire in a room at the Grand Californian caused by the fridge. It looks like the Value resorts are the last to get replacements.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #2022
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The same model fridge caught fire in the grand californian. So they are replacing all the refrigerators in all the resorts. Its a 4 month process. If you need a refrigerator for medical reasons they usually have them available. You can ask, but your not guaranteed, for a $15/night credit.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #2023
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for your responses to my question.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 09-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #2024
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
I got an error message when I hit submit at the end of online check in but when I logged into MDE it said 'modify online check in' so it must have went through I couldn't think of a preference, so it will be luck of the draw.
I just went back in & it's still not offering check in or to modify check in. I'll give it a week and try again I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #2025
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

On my last day of a 7 night 8 day trip. Food court has been quite busy at times but I feel as long as the food is fresh I don't mind. All sections seem to be open every time we go in. All the food we have eaten has been good. Chicken sandwiches, southwest burgers, salads, pizza bread, veggie sandwiches, tacos, waffles, omelettes, breakfast wraps etc.
I am 7 mths pregnant and like to have snacks and beverages with me at all times. We decided to ask for a fridge and they didn't have any available which we understood. The CM did give us the discount with no hesitation. We wouldn't have been upset if they hasn't. It's not their fault. Our attitude is very easy going and figure whatever happens happens.
Our housekeeper is SUPER sweet. We have been leaving her tips each day and she writes us a thank you.
Bus service has been pretty good. Really can't complain. Haven't waited more than 10mins maybe once or twice. We took the A of A bus once since our line up seemed long and we walked across.
Most of the problems we've experienced are from guests. From very rude, kids screaming and kicking in line, pple swearing all the time in front of children, abuse of motorized carts, kids splashing and screaming in the pool eapecially at 1am , etc. I really feel some of the magic has been lost on each vacation for these reasons. I've been to WDW about 30 times and I find a lot of manners have been lost. It's sad. We still enjoy ourselves but as I've stated some of the magic has been lost. I don't know when society became so "ME me me" mentality.
Despite this happy to have come to POP and looking forward to puppy kisses tomorrow night.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: