Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1966
Tara1988
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatyBunch View Post

If you ask a CM...yes, the pool closes. We were there for 9 nights and people (including us) were in the pool all hours of the night! I made sure that my family tried to stay as quiet as possible, but many kids/parents were extremely loud. I think if you are going to swim past the closing time (11pm??) then you should really respect the people who are staying in the rooms close to the pool.
I definitely agree with the quiet after close idea! I had requested a pool view room, but when I heard there would be people swimming all night, I made sure to change that. But it might be nice to take a dip to relax after a long park day
Tara1988 is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #1967
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatyBunch

If you ask a CM...yes, the pool closes. We were there for 9 nights and people (including us) were in the pool all hours of the night! I made sure that my family tried to stay as quiet as possible, but many kids/parents were extremely loud. I think if you are going to swim past the closing time (11pm??) then you should really respect the people who are staying in the rooms close to the pool.
The hotel does have quiet hours...they apply all over the resort.
If they get call(s)/complaint(s) from room(s) about too much noise coming from the pool during quiet hours, the 'after hours swimmers' will be asked/told to exit the pool....that the pool is closed. Can/has happened.
stitchlovestink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #1968
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara1988 View Post
Don't you just love finding more Disney money? That's how we're doing the Halloween party in a week!
Yes, it was very unexpected. I knew it was coming but didn't expect it until the end of October, beginning of October.

We are also doing the Halloween Party next Tuesday
__________________

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Christine9125 is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #1969
njpsteacher
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 70

Who's there now? Is the refrigerator issue ok at pop? All rooms have them again?
njpsteacher is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #1970
shyjade
DIS Veteran
 
shyjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by njpsteacher View Post
Who's there now? Is the refrigerator issue ok at pop? All rooms have them again?
No, it appears most do not at Pop (I've been following the status closely on several threads). From what I can tell, replacement hasn't even started yet at Pop (or if it has, it's in the VERY early stages).
__________________
(me) (DD16)
shyjade is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #1971
JerseyDad
Earning My Ears
 
JerseyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Exit 9...New Jersey
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
No, it appears most do not at Pop (I've been following the status closely on several threads). From what I can tell, replacement hasn't even started yet at Pop (or if it has, it's in the VERY early stages).
......not surprised that POP hasn't got the fridge thing resolved. We were there 3 weeks ago ...and obviously it was an issue then ....and the CM at check in gave us a hard time regarding the $15/day fridge credit. She hit us with "when did you book? ....did you see that it's not a room amenity now? ..... do you know it's not on the web site any longer?

......after dealing with her load of attitude, we gave some of our own, "well ....we booked LONG before it was an issue ...we know about the $15/day credit ...so give it to us!!"

....she had given us the worst reception / service related to the room we were assigned (that's where the attitude began first). Because we had (long ago) booked poolside, preferred room location ...and specifically asked for ground floor. We know it's not a guarantee ....but in the past ...they always made it happen ...sometimes getting a supervisor to pull the strings. This time it was basically, "No ...not available ...can't do it for you" ...and wouldn't even get a supervisor. So that's where the attitude jumped off ....and now she was giving even more regarding the fridge.

.....you see....the date of when you booked is completely irrelevant. The list of amenities is completely irrelevant. The non-working fridge is IN THE ROOM. It is therefore, an AMENITY .....as is the paint on the wall ...and hot running water ...and a working toilet. If it's in there ...and it's not working ...fix it ....or credit me. That's it. They'd lose badly in a court of law ...because they didn't REMOVE the fridges (which technically weren't fridges to start with ...they are coolers).

....we've been to WDW 11 times in 10 years ...10 of the stays were at POP. And this by far was the worst experience we have ever had there. From the bad customer service at check in ...to the fridge fiasco ....to the horrible selection in the food court (one station closed the entire time we were there) thus limiting our selection ....a selection that is published ...in print ...and on the web site. The 'real food' dinner choices were not available in the evening ....and there was no omelet station for breakfast ....and I believe it was not open for lunch either. I was told that occupancy was down sharply (by a food court CM) ...ever since AoA opened (and in general). But ...because YOUR occupancy is down ...is no reason to cut food choices to the guests that ARE THERE.

....FYI ....since OCCUPANCY IS DOWN ...I noted several rooms on the first floor of the 60's buildings that were vacant the entire time we were there. So, the CM at check in was just being rude and had no intent of helping out to get us the room location we desired. You'd hope that repeatedly visiting a certain resort would gain you some kind of repeat customer appreciation ....but, customer appreciation was sorely lacking at POP this past trip (8/24 thru 9/2)
__________________
April '04 - POP
Nov._"Jersey Week"_'04 - All Star Music
Nov._"Jersey Week"_'05 - POP
Nov._"Jersey Week"_'06 - POP
Nov._"Jersey Week"_'07 - DCL "Wonder" & POP
Nov._"Jersey Week"_'08 - POP
Dec. 27th/'09 thru Jan. 3rd/'2010 - POP
Aug 28th thru Sept 5th 2010 - POP
Aug 26th thru Sept 3rd 2011
Aug 25th thru Sept 2nd 2012
Aug 24th thru Sept 2nd 2013
JerseyDad is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #1972
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDad

......not surprised that POP hasn't got the fridge thing resolved. We were there 3 weeks ago ...and obviously it was an issue then ....and the CM at check in gave us a hard time regarding the $15/day fridge credit. She hit us with "when did you book? ....did you see that it's not a room amenity now? ..... do you know it's not on the web site any longer?

......after dealing with her load of attitude, we gave some of our own, "well ....we booked LONG before it was an issue ...we know about the $15/day credit ...so give it to us!!"

....she had given us the worst reception / service related to the room we were assigned (that's where the attitude began first). Because we had (long ago) booked poolside, preferred room location ...and specifically asked for ground floor. We know it's not a guarantee ....but in the past ...they always made it happen ...sometimes getting a supervisor to pull the strings. This time it was basically, "No ...not available ...can't do it for you" ...and wouldn't even get a supervisor. So that's where the attitude jumped off ....and now she was giving even more regarding the fridge.

.....you see....the date of when you booked is completely irrelevant. The list of amenities is completely irrelevant. The non-working fridge is IN THE ROOM. It is therefore, an AMENITY .....as is the paint on the wall ...and hot running water ...and a working toilet. If it's in there ...and it's not working ...fix it ....or credit me. That's it. They'd lose badly in a court of law ...because they didn't REMOVE the fridges (which technically weren't fridges to start with ...they are coolers).

....we've been to WDW 11 times in 10 years ...10 of the stays were at POP. And this by far was the worst experience we have ever had there. From the bad customer service at check in ...to the fridge fiasco ....to the horrible selection in the food court (one station closed the entire time we were there) thus limiting our selection ....a selection that is published ...in print ...and on the web site. The 'real food' dinner choices were not available in the evening ....and there was no omelet station for breakfast ....and I believe it was not open for lunch either. I was told that occupancy was down sharply (by a food court CM) ...ever since AoA opened (and in general). But ...because YOUR occupancy is down ...is no reason to cut food choices to the guests that ARE THERE.

....FYI ....since OCCUPANCY IS DOWN ...I noted several rooms on the first floor of the 60's buildings that were vacant the entire time we were there. So, the CM at check in was just being rude and had no intent of helping out to get us the room location we desired. You'd hope that repeatedly visiting a certain resort would gain you some kind of repeat customer appreciation ....but, customer appreciation was sorely lacking at POP this past trip (8/24 thru 9/2)

Sorry you had a less than stellar checkin experience....there was no reason for the CM to have a bad attitude.

Regarding your room assignment...did you ask to speak with a supervisor. The front desk CMs don't have the authority to change room assignments on their own. They have to refer room request changes back to the room assigners. They along with the supervisors are the ones authorized to change room assgnments. The CM helping you certainly could have checked with a room assigner or a supervisor for availability but she cannot make the actual change. Sounds like someone was having a bad day at work!
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #1973
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer
 
sjhanksaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 171

So where is the best place to get a disposable cooler if you are flying in and do not have a rental car?

We would really like to have cold water to drink. We are planning ordering from Staples and having them deliver to POP before we arrive.
sjhanksaz is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #1974
sargenca
Mouseketeer
 
sargenca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 349

We are flying and will have a rental car - but we are just going to pack a soft-sided cooler for the room.
sargenca is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #1975
aym4Him
DIS Veteran
 
aym4Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
So where is the best place to get a disposable cooler if you are flying in and do not have a rental car?

We would really like to have cold water to drink. We are planning ordering from Staples and having them deliver to POP before we arrive.
Someone mentioned there was a Hess service station somewhere on property. They said they have them.

I can't remember which thread that was on.
__________________
Our Family: Dillon (DH), Amy (me), and Ethan (Wish Kid Alumni)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #1976
verlee
DIS Veteran
 
verlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
......
....we've been to WDW 11 times in 10 years ...10 of the stays were at POP. And this by far was the worst experience we have ever had there. From the bad customer service at check in ...to the fridge fiasco ....to the horrible selection in the food court ....but, customer appreciation was sorely lacking at POP this past trip (8/24 thru 9/2)
I agree JersyDad. We have been to Pop the last 5 years and had the same issues as you. The customer service at Pop is sorely lacking these days. It was such a disappointment
__________________
Me Dh DS11 DS8
verlee is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #1977
sargenca
Mouseketeer
 
sargenca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 349

Hess Station: It is across from DTD - you can take a bus to DTD and walk to the gas station.
sargenca is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #1978
bookbunny
Mouseketeer
 
bookbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by njpsteacher View Post
Who's there now? Is the refrigerator issue ok at pop? All rooms have them again?
Nope no new fridges yet.
__________________








9/2014, 9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family


Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
bookbunny is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #1979
bookbunny
Mouseketeer
 
bookbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 135

I am hoping that they give us an idea for next your. I am here now and am already planning for next year. I am hoping Oct 2014 will have some good deals. Yes, I am hoping for free dining.
__________________








9/2014, 9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family


Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
bookbunny is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #1980
fairydust1278
"The path to your destiny lies within the magic of your heart."
 
fairydust1278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Garland, Tx
Posts: 491

will the fridges be replaced by april 2014? that's when we will be at Pop!!!
__________________
me: , ds9 , ds14 , dmom , jackson
fairydust1278 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: