Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #1516
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!
 
sue Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Quincy MA
Posts: 1,751

now that todays just about over I arrive at Pop in 17 days on the 24th and once I drop some stuff off in my room its off to MK and MNSSHP
__________________
WDW-73,76,79,80,92,97,98,99,2000-05 off site
2006-2009 ,2011 Sept 24 2013- Pop Century
sue Z is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #1517
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 452

99 days!! So glad we are down to double digits.
__________________
Me :
DH
DD7
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #1518
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.
 
Radiorox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 633

Here, now. Got the 70s section, decorated our window. Rapid refill is, indeed in effect minus the hot chocolate, hot water and coffee.

Love this resort! If only it weren't raining at the mo. Would love to spend a part of my evening over at Petals. :-)
__________________
Radiorox is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #1519
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Just did my kids "educational" forms to hand in on monday for the Principals approval. I'm not worried about it because I've already talked to both of them. They are married to each other, convenient lol. So anyway, I went online to find all kinds of things to put on the form. I just typed it up in word and printed out 2 copies and said "see attached" on the form. We're not going until the end of next month but this is just one more thing I can mark DONE on my list

Last edited by Kat016; 09-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #1520
DocWes
Earning My Ears
 
DocWes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Just did my kids "educational" forms to hand in on monday for the Principals approval.
I'm curious. Do you need approval to take your kids out of school? We are coming from Canada in 2 weeks but do not have any restrictions when taking the kids out of school.
__________________
Sep 2013 - POP - FD
May 2012 - POP - FD

DocWes is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #1521
CaffeinatedMama
Mouseketeer
 
CaffeinatedMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWes View Post

I'm curious. Do you need approval to take your kids out of school? We are coming from Canada in 2 weeks but do not have any restrictions when taking the kids out of school.
Every school district has their own rules and attitudes about it. My district has a vacation policy of 2 weeks max, if you're gone longer than 2 weeks you have to provide documents establishing your residency has not changed.

I pulled my 2nd grader out last year for a week and just got the week of class and homework to take with us. She turned it all in her fast day back. Now she's in 3rd grade and we're going for a week again in just 7 more days (yea!) and the teacher is doing the same thing for me with the school work. I just let her teacher and the front office know as soon as school started. I have my daughter do her classwork on the airplane and during down time in the room.

I'm ok at this age taking her out so we can go when it's more affordable and when the crowds are low but I'm a stickler when it comes to making sure she does every bit of her assignments.
__________________
June 1982 OP
August 1996 Disneyland OP
September 2006 OP
November 2012 POP
September 2013 POP
August 2014 Disneyland OP
November 2014 CSR
CaffeinatedMama is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #1522
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWes

I'm curious. Do you need approval to take your kids out of school? We are coming from Canada in 2 weeks but do not have any restrictions when taking the kids out of school.
Yes we do but we are allowed up to 5 family vacation days. So unless there are extenuating circumstances they get approved. The last time I took my kids out was during the PSSA's. It was a little bit of a headache but the principal approved it. We just have to go through the district hoops.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #1523
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeinatedMama

Every school district has their own rules and attitudes about it. My district has a vacation policy of 2 weeks max, if you're gone longer than 2 weeks you have to provide documents establishing your residency has not changed.

I pulled my 2nd grader out last year for a week and just got the week of class and homework to take with us. She turned it all in her fast day back. Now she's in 3rd grade and we're going for a week again in just 7 more days (yea!) and the teacher is doing the same thing for me with the school work. I just let her teacher and the front office know as soon as school started. I have my daughter do her classwork on the airplane and during down time in the room.

I'm ok at this age taking her out so we can go when it's more affordable and when the crowds are low but I'm a stickler when it comes to making sure she does every bit of her assignments.
My kids teachers are doing the same...just sending school work that they're going to miss with them to work on.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #1524
kimnmiah
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 52

My dd is in kindergarten this year and her teacher is sending her work to make up as well. I was kind of shocked she felt she needed to that in kindergarten but we have a 14 hour drive so she will certainly have time to get it done
kimnmiah is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #1525
SadieGirl3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 30

Just finished packing....we leave for the airport at 6 a.m. We will be at Pop by 1:30pm!!!!
__________________
SadieGirl3 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #1526
DopeyFan1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieGirl3
Just finished packing....we leave for the airport at 6 a.m. We will be at Pop by 1:30pm!!!!
I wish i was done packing. I cant remember everything!
DopeyFan1 is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #1527
marymaya
Mouseketeer
 
marymaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 227

My ta sent me some "magical packing tips" today. Had to laugh a little about that one but I am not ready to pack just yet. Still have 35 days...
__________________
Our First Trip: October 12-19, 2013
marymaya is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1528
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,817

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaya
My ta sent me some "magical packing tips" today. Had to laugh a little about that one but I am not ready to pack just yet. Still have 35 days...
Any good tips to share?
vleeth is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #1529
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,817

This is our first year homeschooling, so it will be really easy to 'pull her out' this year.
vleeth is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #1530
makochibi
Earning My Ears
 
makochibi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 60

21 days till I am there!!! But in 20 days we will be driving down. Should be checked into our off site hotel by this time on the 26th. Then will check out as early as we wake up, check into POP and then head to HS. Hope to be in HS around 10am.
__________________
Me (31), DH (32), DD (3) and baby due 2/20/15

Me: WDW 1998-off site and WDW 2001-off site
DH: 3-5 trips to DL as a kid
DD: WDW 9/2013 (bday trip)

makochibi is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: