Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
phdhycster
Mouseketeer

Pofq

Just impulsively switched from POR to POFQ because we needed to add a day! I researched POR up the wazoo but know nothing about POFQ. We leave soon. Any tips or pointers. Can't read through whole POFQ thread but thought some people here could help. TIA
phdhycster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

No need to read the whole POFQ thread, but definitely read the first page.

This is also an awesome resource.

www.portorleans.org
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

It's a much more compact resort with only 1 bus stop. You can still walk over and use the pools and facilities at POR since they are considered sister resorts.

TinkPirateMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

They share the DTD boat, very scenic ride. Read the first info page of the POFQ thread for info.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

The nice thing about POFQ is how compact the resort is. Regardless of where your room is located, you are a short walk away from the pool, lobby, food court, and bus stop. POFQ tends to be a bit quieter than POR just because there are fewer guests congregating to the common areas.

I found the grounds at both POFQ and POR to be stunning. The landscaping and flora are beautiful (we had garden view at both resorts), as is the river that runs by both. While staying at both resorts, we took advantage of the boat that takes you to DTD.

We never used the pool at POR, but we did use the pool one day at POFQ. It was nice - nothing huge or elaborate, but definitely a nice, cool break from touring. The only amenity that I found to be significantly better at POR was the food court. The food court at POFQ is very small in comparison and had much fewer options. Definitely try the beignets though - they're delicious!

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingALICE View Post
The nice thing about POFQ is how compact the resort is. Regardless of where your room is located, you are a short walk away from the pool, lobby, food court, and bus stop. POFQ tends to be a bit quieter than POR just because there are fewer guests congregating to the common areas.

I found the grounds at both POFQ and POR to be stunning. The landscaping and flora are beautiful (we had garden view at both resorts), as is the river that runs by both. While staying at both resorts, we took advantage of the boat that takes you to DTD.

We never used the pool at POR, but we did use the pool one day at POFQ. It was nice - nothing huge or elaborate, but definitely a nice, cool break from touring. The only amenity that I found to be significantly better at POR was the food court. The food court at POFQ is very small in comparison and had much fewer options. Definitely try the beignets though - they're delicious!
Good job capturing the two sisters. Stayed at both resorts and honestly I love both of them better.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

If you want closest to the bus stop, request building 4. All buildings are close. If you want quietest, try building 6 or 7 as they are extremely quiet. Gorgeous hotel. Say hi to the doorman for me.

Wow, what a coincedence! My post is right below somebody with a moniker of Kirby428........Hi, my name is Kirby!
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
tripletots
DIS Veteran

I have a question.....

We are staying at POR (royal room) and I was wondering if we can use the pool at POFQ? No big deal if we can't but just wanted to know if we had the option.

We will definitely be going to FQ for beignets! They are delicious!

. .
tripletots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
casey10
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletots View Post
I have a question.....

We are staying at POR (royal room) and I was wondering if we can use the pool at POFQ? No big deal if we can't but just wanted to know if we had the option.

We will definitely be going to FQ for beignets! They are delicious!
You can do that they are sister resorts and share facilities. Just as someone staying Pofq can use the pool at riverside.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
phdhycster
Mouseketeer

Thanks everybody
phdhycster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
robnoxious
Mouseketeer

We stayed at FQ last summer and have booked it again for next summer. We had a room on the ground floor of building 4 and LOVED it. Super close to the main building, the bus stop AND I could stand at our door and watch my kids go fill up their mugs at the food court and never take my eyes off them!!! LOVED FQ, I think you'll wish you stayed there longer than one day
robnoxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnoxious View Post
We stayed at FQ last summer and have booked it again for next summer. We had a room on the ground floor of building 4 and LOVED it. Super close to the main building, the bus stop AND I could stand at our door and watch my kids go fill up their mugs at the food court and never take my eyes off them!!! LOVED FQ, I think you'll wish you stayed there longer than one day
We have booked FQ for June 1-10 and have requested 3rd floor building 4. After 4 stays at Riverside this will be our first time at FQ. I'm sooo excited about something new!!!
robnoxious~
Are there side doors that exit toward building 4 or do all the food court doors face the pool? I hope this makes sense!!

Thanks!

Carla

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: