Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
Twofebboys
I wish I was going....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post

You booked the Best Western through Costco?
No, I looked at the rate you can get through Costco and it was not as good as this one.

OUR FAMILY: ME, DH, DS9 & DS 7
~ MONARCH OF THE SEAS - 2001 - Honeymoon!
~ ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT - 2007 - DS9 & Grandparents!
~ ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT - 2009 - DS9, DS7 & Grandparents!
~ CORNADO SPRINGS - 2013 - All four of us!
~ DISNEY MAGIC - APRIL 2014!

Twofebboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Just adding my thoughts for anyone else who has the same question. We have stayed at a few of the hotels in the area, and have done both park and cruise and parking at the port. Here are my thoughts.

We much prefer parking at the port for a number of reasons. First and foremost is the convenience. We can drive over at our leisure, and do not have to wait on a shuttle either going to the port or returning after the cruise. Second, whether it really is more secure or not, the garage just seems more secure. I like having my car closed off from the outside world. Yes, it can still get broken into, but the odds just seem less. Lastly, while the cost to park at the port is higher, if you look for a great discount rate at one of the hotels the numbers can often be a wash. When we sailed in May 2012 and again in Oct 2012, we were able to score great discount rates that when coupled with the port parking rate we ended up paying slightly less than the best park and cruise rate we could find.

Ok, moving on to my thoughts on hotels, well of the most recent ones we have stayed at...
Country Inn & Suites = 'meh. It was clean and comfortable, but that was about it. Nothing special and nothing more than a bed to lie in for the evening. The breakfast area was a madhouse. Honestly, not a place I would choose to stay at again.
Residence Inn = great stay! We are partial to Residence Inn, so it goes without saying for me. We love their rooms which are always comfortable and clean and roomy. The living area and kitchenette are always a plus. Their hot breakfast is still great even after all these years. The rates are a little higher than others, but you can score good discounts.
La Quinta Oceanfront = nice. This is for the oceanfront location only. While the exterior isn't all that great (not to mention exterior doorways, which I loathe), this place is actually a nice stay. You cannot beat the location right on the ocean and next to the pier. The rooms are rather nice, especially for an older hotel. And the breakfast was really good! We would definitely stay again if the price is right!

Hope this all helps someone!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #18
ramkam
Mouseketeer

We just stayed at the Four Points Sheraton. Nice surf theme. The Cocoa Beach Surf Shop is part of the complex. Ron Jon store is right across the street. We enjoyed the restaurant in the hotel and it is an easy walk to fast food and pizza. Also a short walk to the beach. Plenty of beach toy rental places. Some people staying at this hotel complain about the pool. If the pool is your main concern then this is not your hotel. However, you are a block from the beach, why are you at the pool? They have a shuttle service to the port if you need it. As for the car we just had a one way rental from MCO to Port Canaveral so we did not have a car to park. Overall our experience here was good and we would stay again.

On another note, we toured the Ron Jon Resort. It is at the port and a nice property with a nice pool area. However, I would recommend this only if you have a car as it does not look like you could easily walk to anything.
Disney Dad #707 DW DD DD

1990 Contemporary (Honeymoon) 1994 Contemporary 2000 WL 2001 AKL 2002 Vero Beach 2003 VWL 2004 Hilton Head 2005 VWL and Vero Beach 2006 Rare non-Disney Vacation 2007 All-Star Movies/VWL/Disney Wonder (3 day Bahamas) 2008 Grand Californian/Disney Magic (Mexican Riv.) 2009 AKL Kidani/BCV/Vero Beach 2010 VWL (Christmas) 2011 Disney Dream (5 day Bahamas)/WLV/SS 2012 AULANI 2013 AKL 2013 Cocoa Beach/Disney Fantasy Western/Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
ramkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #19
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Residence Inn and the Courtyard and were happy with both. We are staying at RI next year.

We do park-n-cruise by the port. We have had great service on both visits and plan on using them next year. We paid 4.99 and 5.99 a night.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofebboys View Post
No, I looked at the rate you can get through Costco and it was not as good as this one.
Sorry I read that wrong. It was getting late .

I'm leaning towards the Best Western and doing the advance purchase. I was torn between Best Western and Country Inn & Suites. But the 40% off parking at the port is helping with my decision.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofebboys View Post
You are not correct about this one. This is a 14 Day advanced purchase rate. See the pictures below. We are not parking and cruising. We are staying and using the 40% discount coupon at the port. I called to verify. It is a great rate!

We canceled and switched to the La Quinta last year, however the terms of the reservation I had then were as follow - note the cancellation date was 24hr date of arrival.

Guests: 4
Rate: Cruise Special
Room Details: 2 Queen Beds, Non-Smoking, Garden Courtyard, Microwave And Refrigerator, Wi-Fi, Exterior Access, Full Breakfast

Room Rate Subtotal: $103.46 USD

Estimated Taxes & Fees Breakdown (additional charges may apply): Tax 11% $11.38 USD
Additional Fees Which May Be Charged At Check-in: $0.00

Deposit Policy: Guaranteed to your credit card for late arrival. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in.
Cancellation Policy: Cancel before 4PM hotel time on August 17, 2012 to avoid a charge
Child Policy: Children 17 And Under Are Free In Room With One Paying Adult In Existing Bedding.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #22
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
We canceled and switched to the La Quinta last year, however the terms of the reservation I had then were as follow - note the cancellation date was 24hr date of arrival.

Guests: 4
Rate: Cruise Special
Room Details: 2 Queen Beds, Non-Smoking, Garden Courtyard, Microwave And Refrigerator, Wi-Fi, Exterior Access, Full Breakfast

Room Rate Subtotal: $103.46 USD

Estimated Taxes & Fees Breakdown (additional charges may apply): Tax 11% $11.38 USD
Additional Fees Which May Be Charged At Check-in: $0.00

Deposit Policy: Guaranteed to your credit card for late arrival. A valid credit card must be presented at check-in.
Cancellation Policy: Cancel before 4PM hotel time on August 17, 2012 to avoid a charge
Child Policy: Children 17 And Under Are Free In Room With One Paying Adult In Existing Bedding.
How was the La Quinta? We are considering one of the hotels that offer the 40% off since our next cruise is 7 night and I'm not looking forward to $120 at the port. We loved the Double Tree but they don't offer the coupon.

This is the La Quinta that is NOT ocean front, correct? We may want to be right on the beach again. Decisions decisions

Of course it's only for one night so any of them would probably work as long as they are clean.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm leaning towards the Best Western and doing the advance purchase. I was torn between Best Western and Country Inn & Suites. But the 40% off parking at the port is helping with my decision.
I'd say that last year we were going to stay at the Best Western, but the La Quinta (not oceanfront) rate was much better. That said, it was no Hyatt and more like your typical I-95 exit fare. I've stayed at much better LQ before... But for clean sheets and a night sleep it was more than enough for us (didn't care nor was willing to use the overcrowded pool). Did pick up quick breakfast to go as it was packed...

But I've heard that the Fairfield Inn in Tittusville has very good reviews and also has the 40% off port parking discount.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...e_Florida.html
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #24
tigrbob
Earning My Ears

Country Inn and Suites went out of their way to help us...see my tale below. i recommend them...!

just returned from cruise that almost was disaster. we planned to arrive the day before but my daughter's family's flight was canceled the morning they were to leave. The 5 of them were split up two arriving the later the night before and the other 3 were sent from Phoenix to Philadelphia for connecting flight to orlando. Enroute to Phila. the capt announced they had to make an unplanned stop in St louis to re fuel. They missed connection to orlando so had to stay overnight in Philadelphia. Boarded a 9 am flight from phila. to orlando. that flight also was canceled after leave terminal. (At this point I called Disney and informed them of the delays...) They finally got a flight and arrived at 12:30...i broke land speed records getting to PC throwing money at the toll booths as we went. Arrived at the hotel (Country Inn) at 1:30ish where we were staying on their Park and Cruise program to discover we had missed the last shuttle to port. the hotel paid for a taxi for us to port we arrived around 2:30 got through check in at around 3 less than an hour before departure...

All this to say I wouldn't plan on arriving day of departure if at all possible. Your cruise ticket book has phone number to call if encountering travel delays. We did that and they made contact with my daughter and followed her the rest of her terrible journy. i don't know what they would do if she hadn't made it before departure...i doubt they would have held the ship but it made me feel much better they were aware of the situation...so defintiely be aware of the contact number for Disney cruises. And the Country inn and Suites in PC were great...the cruise and park plan was perfect and they made arrangements to get us to the port and the car was left in their lot with no problems...

After all this the cruise was fantastic!!!!

Sorry for such a long tale! "
tigrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #25
NC State
DIS Veteran

We're arriving the day before and we're staying at the Country Inn & Suites. Thanks for the good report!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #26
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

We stayed at Residence Inn in 2012, and will be at the Best Western in February.
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
Twofebboys
I wish I was going....

Quote:
I'd say that last year we were going to stay at the Best Western, but the La Quinta (not oceanfront) rate was much better. That said, it was no Hyatt and more like your typical I-95 exit fare. I've stayed at much better LQ before... But for clean sheets and a night sleep it was more than enough for us (didn't care nor was willing to use the overcrowded pool). Did pick up quick breakfast to go as it was packed...

But I've heard that the Fairfield Inn in Tittusville has very good reviews and also has the 40% off port parking discount.

I looked at the La Quinta in Cocoa Beach and Titusville. The Cocoa Beach one was more expensive and the Titusville was $103. I figured we could splurge the $7 and be closer to the beach! We don't need anything fancy since we will be getting there late that afternoon, they boys will probably swim, we will eat dinner and go to sleep!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
csturg
Earning My Ears

I think we are staying in Titusville at Fairfield Inn. Great rate and 40% off port parking!!
csturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Unfortunately I had no luck with LaQuinta or Fairfield because we're a family of 5 and need two beds and either a sofabed or rollaway.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
Twofebboys
I wish I was going....

Quote:

No worries! I do that often when reading on my phone at night in bed..I think I get cross-eyed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: