Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #421
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
I feel bad for those displaced on those cruises but I can't help thinking "Man I wish I had a dummy cruise booked on one of those! I'd love a 25% discount. I'd probably cruise concierge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Lordy, me too!!! I wish I could do concierge on THIS cruise!!!
I'm with you guys on that.................sailing concierge. That would be GREAT. DW and I would love to cruise concierge on this cruise too Stephanie. I did look at it when this cruise opened up. As soon as I saw the price, knew it wasn't going to be this time. When we hit the lottery though................................... Concierge here we come!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #422
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Someone posted that they were notified that their cruise in January on the Wonder had been cancelled so the ship could go into dry dock and they were
now having to find another cruise to book.
That explains the request I received today about someone being bumped from their cruise on the Wonder and asked for me to re-do a graphic..........at first I thought "How in the world do you get bumped from a DCL Cruise?" - then I thought maybe they just rescheduled..........but this explains a LOT!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #423
davidls
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone....................I have something to tell ya'll. This is very hard for me to write.................let alone think about it. I'm getting chocked up a bit just sitting here thinking about writing this to you all. Not sure I can do this tonight................ It's just too much for me to say................it's hard for me to put into words. I'm going to have to sleep on this tonight and see if I can't put it into words for all of you tomorrow.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #424
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Ok everyone....................I have something to tell ya'll. This is very hard for me to write.................let alone think about it. I'm getting chocked up a bit just sitting here thinking about writing this to you all. Not sure I can do this tonight................ It's just too much for me to say................it's hard for me to put into words. I'm going to have to sleep on this tonight and see if I can't put it into words for all of you tomorrow.

why do I get the feeling that you won't be sailing with us?

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #425
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #426
Shelljay
Mouseketeer

@Davidls....is it that it's less than a year until we cruise?
Shelljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #427
JimmyL47
Gotta Luv Cruisin

Quote:
I feel bad for those displaced on those cruises but I can't help thinking "Man I wish I had a dummy cruise booked on one of those! I'd love a 25% discount. I'd probably cruise concierge!
DW and I were booked on the January 19th sailing as part of a B2B. Our TA got us rebooked (with the 25% savings) for January 10th preserving our B2B. To get the same cabin on both ends we had to upgrade and of course the airfare is now $125 more being a weekend to weekend so overall the prices actually work out to being close to a wash.

Last edited by JimmyL47; 09-14-2013 at 10:00 PM.
JimmyL47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #428
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope everything is OK David.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #429
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL47 View Post
DW and I were booked on the January 19th sailing as part of a B2B. Our TA got us rebooked (with the 25% savings) for January 10th preserving our B2B. To get the same cabin on both ends we had to upgrade and of course the airfare is now $125 more being a weekend to weekend so overall the prices actually work out to being close to a wash.
Glad your TA worked it out for you, but a wash is better than a loss AND...you got to upgrade basically for free!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #430
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Deets. No offense but you can't write that post and leave us hanging... :D

So I did something awesome or crazy or dumb. The way my work schedule works out is 3 days on, 1 day off, 4 days on, 6 days off. So I just worked my 3 days on, and I have 1 day off and noticed we could be short staffed tonight (4 aides on, but no one in the ICU and one gal called in sick last night. So if the gal wasn't sick it would be 3 on the floor, 1 in the ICU. The kicker is someone may need to be in the ER tonight.). I signed up to work tonight meaning 8 days in a row on. But with the 2 hours of overtime from a couple nights ago with possibly working tonight means more cruise fund money. That or bridesmaid dress. Either way.... And we're short staffed next week as well so I maybe adding extra shifts for fun and games. Because nothing like having a 0.7 FTE, and thinking "I have a week off, I should use it!"
Old 09-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #431
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hope everything is ok.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #432
JimmyL47
Gotta Luv Cruisin

Quote:
Glad your TA worked it out for you, but a wash is better than a loss AND...you got to upgrade basically for free!!!
We did. Unfortunately there are a few people telling about losing over $1000 because of not being able to rebook this cruise and having non-refundable airfare. We were very lucky we didn't have any issues along those lines.

Anyway we get our Disney fix so we don't go to far into withdrawal before the Panama Canal cruise.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #433
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyCruisinSusan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelljay View Post
@Davidls....is it that it's less than a year until we cruise?
Quote:
I hope everything is OK David.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMD13 View Post
Hope everything is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Deets. No offense but you can't write that post and leave us hanging... :D
Ok, ok, ok, ok, Sorry everyone. I was going to post yesterday, but had to go out for a while and that turned into an all day errand. (That's what I get for volunteering to lend a hand!!! DW keeps telling me to keep my big fat mouth shut!!! Why don't I listen to her!!!)

This was my stupid attempt at trying to be funny..................and I blew it. Sorry everyone. Nothing serious. What I was talking about is that DW and I are going on a cruise..........................but not a Disney Cruise!!! We are going on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas in about 3 weeks. I was going to say something like I felt like we were being traitors or something along those lines. How I felt like we let everyone down by not sailing Disney. Anyway, a stupid idea on my part. Hope ya'll can forgive me for posting a stupid thing like that.

I do have a question for all of my fellow cruisers who fly often. DW and I haven't flown in gosh, it must be something like 15 or 20 years. Do you have to pay extra to get two seats together on a plane? The last time we flew that was not a problem or even an option. When you made reservations for two the seats were together. But we have heard you have to pay extra to get two seats together, is this true? Thanks everyone, and again, so sorry for the stupid idea I had. (I'm full of bad ideas...............just ask DW.............she'll tell you it's true!!!)

Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #434
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, ok, ok, ok, Sorry everyone. I was going to post yesterday, but had to go out for a while and that turned into an all day errand. (That's what I get for volunteering to lend a hand!!! DW keeps telling me to keep my big fat mouth shut!!! Why don't I listen to her!!!)

This was my stupid attempt at trying to be funny..................and I blew it. Sorry everyone. Nothing serious. What I was talking about is that DW and I are going on a cruise..........................but not a Disney Cruise!!! We are going on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas in about 3 weeks. I was going to say something like I felt like we were being traitors or something along those lines. How I felt like we let everyone down by not sailing Disney. Anyway, a stupid idea on my part. Hope ya'll can forgive me for posting a stupid thing like that.

I do have a question for all of my fellow cruisers who fly often. DW and I haven't flown in gosh, it must be something like 15 or 20 years. Do you have to pay extra to get two seats together on a plane? The last time we flew that was not a problem or even an option. When you made reservations for two the seats were together. But we have heard you have to pay extra to get two seats together, is this true? Thanks everyone, and again, so sorry for the stupid idea I had. (I'm full of bad ideas...............just ask DW.............she'll tell you it's true!!!)
so u are doing the ebpc and on the oasis
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #435
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerstfan1 View Post
so u are doing the ebpc and on the oasis
No, sorry for the confusion. We are still going to be on this cruise the 2014 East Bound Panama Canal cruise with all of you. We are just sneaking in another cruise on the Oasis. I will be a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Oasis. My silly attempt at trying to be funny really blew up in my face!!! Again, sorry everyone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: