Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #376
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
My Mom (bjkjoy) and myself (julylady) will be joining you on this cruise. We were on the westbound Panama cruise in May of 2008 and really enjoyed it! We are avid cruisers and have taken two cruises in the past year (Hawaii POA and RCCL Allure). After the week on the mega Allure, we decided we wanted our next cruise to be on one of the smaller, classic ships.

We both live in West Michigan, about 30 miles apart. I am in my late fifties still working full time. My Mom is, well, is old enough to be my Mom. We typically travel with assorted grandchildren in tow, so a trip this long with just the two of us will be a big change. We are going to WDW at the end of the month for the Food and Wine festival. Very excited for that!

We are looking forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome! Have fun at F&W!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #377
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
When are flights the cheapest?
Flights are usually the cheapest T-W-Th and sometimes Sat.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #378
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My Mom (bjkjoy) and myself (julylady) will be joining you on this cruise. We were on the westbound Panama cruise in May of 2008 and really enjoyed it! We are avid cruisers and have taken two cruises in the past year (Hawaii POA and RCCL Allure). After the week on the mega Allure, we decided we wanted our next cruise to be on one of the smaller, classic ships.

We both live in West Michigan, about 30 miles apart. I am in my late fifties still working full time. My Mom is, well, is old enough to be my Mom. We typically travel with assorted grandchildren in tow, so a trip this long with just the two of us will be a big change. We are going to WDW at the end of the month for the Food and Wine festival. Very excited for that!

So glad to have you and your mom joining us! this is one of the most active groups this early that I've been a part of! I think we are going to have a great time!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #379
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

One year to go!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #380
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink
One year to go!!!
Yeah
Old 09-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #381
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I too would like to Julylady and her Mom bjkjoy to the cruise. Like others have said this is going to be one GREAT Cruise!!! So glad ya'll are joining us!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #382
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
One year to go!!!
:banan a:

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #383
davidls
DIS Veteran

We booked our room at the Disneyland Hotel last night. We are staying a couple of days before the cruise to visit Disneyland. We've never been there - our first visit to Disneyland. It's been on the ol' bucket list though for a while. Guess in a year from now we can mark that one off the list!!!

We Are

Old 09-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #384
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
We booked our room at the Disneyland Hotel last night. We are staying a couple of days before the cruise to visit Disneyland. We've never been there - our first visit to Disneyland. It's been on the ol' bucket list though for a while. Guess in a year from now we can mark that one off the list!!!
Wooo hoooo! We did a couple of days at DL before our first Panama cruise. We sailed out of LA for that cruise and Disney arranged transport between DL and the terminal!
We are looking at booking at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, flying out of here the evening of the 10th, and spending the 11th in San Diego.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #385
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I can book our flights and San Diego hotel. We'll be heading in a day or two early, along with my BIL and SIL, so we can visit with my DH's aunt and cousin, who live in SD. Once we get all that done, the cruise will seem like it's really going to happen.

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #386
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Welcoming new people!

Dumb question because y'all are paying for hotels and such: have you guys paid in full yet? If you have then dang! You are awesome!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #387
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Welcoming new people!

Dumb question because y'all are paying for hotels and such: have you guys paid in full yet? If you have then dang! You are awesome!
no not yet
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #388
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

How I'm Passing the Time until My Next Disney Cruise

One of the best ways I've found to fill the time between my last Disney cruise and my next one is by recreating some of the yummy food we had on board. Happily, there are online sources for a lot of the Disney recipes, including ones from DCL recipes. Last night I decided to try the Baked Crab Martinique recipe from Parrot Cay. It was very much like the one on the cruise...... all that was missing were our wonderful servers and the fun tropical ambiance of Parrot Cay.

I started making Konk Coolers after our first visit to Castaway Cay last November. I have lots of other recipes I'd like to replicate. Making the dishes is fun, and what better way to "Keep Calm and Think Disney"?

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #389
Julylady
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I too am surprised that people are already booking their pre-cruise hotel. We plan to fly in just one day prior to boarding. I have never cruised out of San Diego before. Is there a hotel that is recommended?

I would love to add on a couple days at Disneyland, but with the cruise being 14 nights, I can't take any more time off from work. However, I am exploring the idea of a June 2014 trip to Disneyland with my Mom and a couple of my nieces. That would make up for it!

Donna (Julylady)
Julylady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #390
bjkjoy
Mouseketeer

Anyone Else From Michigan

I am julylady's mom and I thank you for the warm welcome too. I did read on some previous posts that some of you were talking about retirement age and how they couldn't wait. I actually retired at age 72 and have never been sorry. I was wondering tho if anyone else going on this cruise will be from Michigan.
bjkjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: