Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #346
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

From Amsterdam there are no direct flights so at least one change
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #347
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainsd View Post
Hi - we are on this cruise too - been booked sometime but didn't realise there would be such an active roll call already!

We are in 6654 & 6652. 5 of us:

David
Peter
Carole
Amy
Rachel

We are from northern England and this will be our 6th Disney cruise - we've done 2 trans atlantics and love the long cruises :-)

Look forward to making plans over the next 12 months with you all!

David
David, Peter, Carole, Amy and Rachel! Glad to have you on this cruise.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #348
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerstfan1 View Post
But Europe is pretty! (Trying to make lemon out of lemonade).

I'm under the firm impression you can have fun and make the best out of every airport experience.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #349
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
we just used Icelandic Air - had a great experience. One way from Paris to NYC was 460 each...not sure how that would help, but you might want to watch their prices.

Just tried to book it for fun and giggles...ouch. 6600 round trip (USD). Good luck!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!

Last edited by padalyn; 09-09-2013 at 08:49 PM.
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #350
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi - we are on this cruise too - been booked sometime but didn't realise there would be such an active roll call already!

David
Peter
Carole
Amy
Rachel

We are from northern England and this will be our 6th Disney cruise - we've done 2 trans atlantics and love the long cruises :-)

David
Welcome! We're glad to have you along. This will be our first long cruise (more than 7 days)
Old 09-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #351
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
we just used Icelandic Air - had a great experience. One way from Paris to NYC was 460 each...not sure how that would help, but you might want to watch their prices.

Just tried to book it for fun and giggles...ouch. 6600 round trip (USD). Good luck!
ty i dont think i can book until late october but im going to a travel agent for that part they know there job and i think that whould be easier for me
Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #352
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
But Europe is pretty! (Trying to make lemon out of lemonade).

I'm under the firm impression you can have fun and make the best out of every airport experience.
true i got stuck in jakarta on august 21st for a few and i did oke so not a big airport but oke
Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #353
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

David
Peter
Carole
Amy
Rachel

David
From one David to another David, I too want to you David, Peter, Carole, Amy & Rachel to the cruise. So glad all of you are joining us!!! This is going to be one GREAT Cruise!!! We're still a year away, so you can join us and help us count down to the cruise. Again,. glad ya'll are joining us!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #354
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
today is my birthday
my mom would love to go but it would be too much for her for different reasons
Joyce, did you figure out how to join the FE exchange for the cruise? I remember reading somewhere you had a question about joining the FE. Let us know, I know we can help you get signed up.

Also, I want to send you a belated Hope you had a GREAT Birthday!!!

My birthday is this month too. In just a couple of weeks as a matter of fact. I will be celebrating my birthday on board the ship during our cruise next year. We can celebrate yours as well. It will be close enough to count!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #355
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Im not sure yet about joining but ty for asking
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #356
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
Welcome! We're glad to have you along. This will be our first long cruise (more than 7 days)

STEVE.........................DUDE....................there you are!!! How's it going there good buddy? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well!!!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #357
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
From one David to another David, I too want to you David, Peter, Carole, Amy & Rachel to the cruise. So glad all of you are joining us!!! This is going to be one GREAT Cruise!!! We're still a year away, so you can join us and help us count down to the cruise. Again,. glad ya'll are joining us!!!
Gonna be a plethora of Davids in this group....well, mine goes mainly by Dave...DAVID means he's in trouble!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #358
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
STEVE.........................DUDE....................there you are!!! How's it going there good buddy? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well!!!
I was thinking the same thing...wondering if you decided to stay in Alaska!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #359
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Gonna be a plethora of Davids in this group....well, mine goes mainly by Dave...DAVID means he's in trouble!!!
You are right Stephanie, looks like there is going to be a bunch of us David's. Pretty good name.

That's funny about your David going by Dave and if he is called David he knows he is in trouble. With me it's..............whenever DW calls out "HEY STUPID," both me and the dog come a runn'. We both know we is in BIG trouble!!!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #360
mainsd
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :-)

I have my calendar marked for when flights open up in a few weeks. We shall probably fly Virgin London to LA and then back from Orlando to Manchester (I hate indirect flights too) a few days after the cruise ends so that we can hopefully enjoy some of the Halloween festivities which normally start in the Orlando parks the weekend that we disembark!
mainsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: