Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #286
OMD13
Mouseketeer

kerstfan1 This is going to be an awesome cruise There are some fun people signed up and we still have a year to go.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #287
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerstfan1 View Post
yes it will be hard even because i dont have officaly got the time off yet
Congrats on booking! Don't worry about not even getting the time off yet. I currently have 60 hours of PTO, but possibly taking time off in December (maybe. Depending on my work schedule, I'm going on the first weekend of December to Port Orchard/where all the Debbie MacComber books are set.), and I have sister's wedding- so PTO there. I have told my boss, along with my friend Leannda and Em... "Heads up one third of your aides are going to be gone for almost 3 weeks!"

I swear I think my group is doing this totally different than everyone else. We're not going to Disneyland or Hollywood before. We're going to Rancho Cucamonga, California- my hometown. We're going to Miguel Jr's and my friends are going to see where I grew up. Going to see my grandparents and my brother, rent a car, and see the fabulous smog filled Inland Empire. Y'all are missing out on Miguel Junior's and Tommy Burgers and Del Taco and In and Out.
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #288
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Congrats on booking! Don't worry about not even getting the time off yet. I currently have 60 hours of PTO, but possibly taking time off in December (maybe. Depending on my work schedule, I'm going on the first weekend of December to Port Orchard/where all the Debbie MacComber books are set.), and I have sister's wedding- so PTO there. I have told my boss, along with my friend Leannda and Em... "Heads up one third of your aides are going to be gone for almost 3 weeks!"

I swear I think my group is doing this totally different than everyone else. We're not going to Disneyland or Hollywood before. We're going to Rancho Cucamonga, California- my hometown. We're going to Miguel Jr's and my friends are going to see where I grew up. Going to see my grandparents and my brother, rent a car, and see the fabulous smog filled Inland Empire. Y'all are missing out on Miguel Junior's and Tommy Burgers and Del Taco and In and Out.
that sounds like fun im planing to fly in on the 11th depending on the flight times when i go book the flight but im am planing to do epcot and magic kingdom after the cruise got to get my disney park fix and try and do some food and wine

were not allowed to leave all at once how would our clients get dressed and washed and fed but the second week of september is mostly calm as in vacation time
Old 09-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #289
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No Disneyland for us this trip either...going to spend the day before wandering in San Diego while Sulley relives his misspent youth when he was stationed at the Naval Hospital, aka Balboa. We are talking 38 years ago...think things might be different?

but we go back and forth about a couple of days post cruise at WDW....

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #290
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
No Disneyland for us this trip either...going to spend the day before wandering in San Diego while Sulley relives his misspent youth when he was stationed at the Naval Hospital, aka Balboa. We are talking 38 years ago...think things might be different?

but we go back and forth about a couple of days post cruise at WDW....
My DH has an aunt and a cousin who live in San Diego, so we'll fly out a couple of days early and spend a day with them. It's been quite a few years since we've seen them.
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #291
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Most of us don't. Kind of hard to request time off that is more than a year away! My boss doesn't approve until the month of. Yeah, it makes it crazy...but she KNOWS well in advance and she's never said no. I don't abuse my leave so it's all good!
Not me gang!!! I put in for the time off about 3 months ago and it has been approved!!!:b anana: (Course, I am part time...................work only 3 days a week.................6 hours a day...........I know, I know, I know..............that's a rough schedule..............but I can do it!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #292
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Not me gang!!! I put in for the time off about 3 months ago and it has been approved!!!:b anana: (Course, I am part time...................work only 3 days a week.................6 hours a day...........I know, I know, I know..............that's a rough schedule..............but I can do it!!!)
Rough, perhaps, but not as rough as being retired!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #293
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
Rough, perhaps, but not as rough as being retired!
Hush, both of you!

I am just over 6 years from retirement! I hit 19 years this month...OH WAIT! I hit 19 years YESTERDAY
only 6 more to go!!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas; Sept '14--Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal;
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #294
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hush, both of you!

I am just over 6 years from retirement! I hit 19 years this month...OH WAIT! I hit 19 years YESTERDAY
only 6 more to go!!!!
Of course, working people have more disposable income, but being retired we have more time to enjoy what we have to spend

A friend of ours said that when asked how long it took him to adjust to retirement, he replied, "About as long as it took me to get from the office to the parking lot!"

I saw a great magnet on one of our neighbor's state room door on our Alaska cruise last month: "Spending our children's inheritance, one cruise at a time." I need to make one of those magnets for our next cruise
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #295
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post

Of course, working people have more disposable income, but being retired we have more time to enjoy what we have to spend

A friend of ours said that when asked how long it took him to adjust to retirement, he replied, "About as long as it took me to get from the office to the parking lot!"

I saw a great magnet on one of our neighbor's state room door on our Alaska cruise last month: "Spending our children's inheritance, one cruise at a time." I need to make one of those magnets for our next cruise
Love that magnet!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #296
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hush, both of you!

only 6 more to go!!!!
If I retire when I'm 70....crap I have 38 more years of this! Does that mean I'm going to be the RN with the walker helping the patient to the BR?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #297
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well i am booked i will be in room 2513 with the main dining
Welcome from us Texans as well! What part of Europe do you live in?
Check out PAGE 1 of this thread for lots of useful info, dinner groups, Fish Extender, etc.
We are not sure where we will fly into but we are planning on a couple of days at Disneyland and then we will also head to WDW following the cruise.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #298
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooscar View Post
Is it too late to go on a diet? I always gain weight on a cruise, can't figure out why this happens.

Gained 4 pounds on my last 5 day cruise, What will a 14 day cruise do?
We have more than a year, most of us can be underweight - so we can eat on the cruise- if we start now and diligently continue throughout the year! Yes, a stat I heard a long time ago is that on average, people gain about a pound a day on cruises!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #299
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't think anyone does yet; except for us very young retirees : )
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #300
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I retire when I'm 70....crap I have 38 more years of this! Does that mean I'm going to be the RN with the walker helping the patient to the BR?
you are gonna work until 70
They would have to commit me to an asylum! My plan is 62---> skidoo! Move to Florida, somewhere on the gulf coast , close enough to drive either to WDW or Port Canaveral!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: