Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #256
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Thanks Jonathan for this information on Cartagena. If you have any other bits of information you wouldn't mind passing along to us, we all would be very grateful.
I do remember during our tour there were men covered in silver paint posing as statues and women dressed in traditional garb, etc. Please be aware if you take a picture, a tip is expected.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #257
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I do remember during our tour there were men covered in silver paint posing as statues and women dressed in traditional garb, etc. Please be aware if you take a picture, a tip is expected.
That's right, you and your DH have done the Panama Canal before as well. Completely slipped my mind....................again, as I have said before, not a senior moment here!!! (I tell you if my head wasn't screwed on, I'd walk off and forget it!!!) Thanks Stephanie for the that piece of info. I'll keep that in mind.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #258
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
Only 2????? Geeeze - I have 12 countdowns going right now - 4 for this trip alone!!!
That's because you're going on like a thousand trips next year! LOL.

Thanks for the reminders about the people in silver and traditional dress. I need to remind my friends closer to the date.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #259
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

funny thing I just noticed...when I am on my computer at home, my countdowns are correct. But when I am on my computer at work they are all over 20 days wrong...Is it some subtle way of telling me to not look at work?

I'm just glad they are right here!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #260
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMD13 View Post

Just ordered this book from Amazon.
Me, too :-)

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #261
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Think I'm gonna attach myself to Stephanie's hip since she is so experienced.

I really miss this at Epcot so I am very thankful of the reminder that tips are expected in ports of call when you take pics of the "natives".

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #262
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

During our taxi tour of Cartegena last year on the Wonder, our driver said we hadn't been to Cartegena, unless we go to the La Popa Monastery. The views were unbelievable....
This view is from the Disney Wonder, and you will notice La Popa on the mountain in the distance..

And this is the view from La Popa looking toward Bocagrande, and the Disney Wonder on the left...

As we pulled toward the pier in Cartegena, this is what we saw to our right. We were the only cruise ship there, so this was just for the Disney Wonder.

At the pier in Cartegena, notice all of the buses waiting to pick passengers that pre-booked excursions...

Once we exited the ship, the locals were all dressed up, and waiting on the pier..

BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #263
Shelljay
Earning My Ears

Got the book on the Panama Canal today along with the video I ordered from Amazon.com. I can't wait to see it tomorrow night. Just got home from auditioning for Nunsense with a local community theatre group, and I'm exhausted.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #264
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Can I point out something I noticed in the last picture? I'd be the youngest person in that picture.

I'm going to look for some fancy restaurant in Columbia. I tend to do the food tour of location. Best way to tell about the culture.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #265
Bellecruiser
Mouseketeer

This may have been mentioned earlier, but I heard next year is the 100th anniversary of the opening of the canal. If so, do you think the Wonder/Disney will do something special to commemorate the anniversary?

EBPC, Sep 2014
BCV for F&W 2014
SSR Jan 2015
Bellecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #266
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellecruiser View Post
This may have been mentioned earlier, but I heard next year is the 100th anniversary of the opening of the canal. If so, do you think the Wonder/Disney will do something special to commemorate the anniversary?
hmm - good point - maybe they will!
9/12/14:.....14 day Eastbound Panama Canal (on the Wonder) (part 6)
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year together! (part 7)
2/8/15:.....B2B Magic Cruises - one to be cancelled (EBTA instead!!)
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #267
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hope they have some great souvenirs on board.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #268
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are right, it will be the 100th Anniversary of the Panama Canal. I had forgotten all about that. Hopefully there will be something special to commemorate this anniversary. Guess we'll find out next year!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #269
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Oh shiz. My grandparents would love that.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #270
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

well i have decided to book the cruise as soon as my next paycheck comes in

i will be asking lots of questions but the first would be as im coming from europe would it be better to fly to lax or san diego international

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: