Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #226
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Hello Panama Canal cruisers, I'm not on this cruise, but me and my wife did this cruise on the Wonder back in December of last year, and we had a great time. It was an awesome cruise. All the different entertainment (the surprise for me was the crew talent show), the menus, it was all fantastic. We had a retired Pilot (Captain Puckett), who gave lectures each day before we went through the canal, and I missed his first couple of lectures in the Walt Disney Theater, because I thought it might be just boring facts. But let me tell you, I was wrong. I finally went, and he was very interesting. I learned so much about the history of the canal, what pilots do, how they get on the ship, and how much Disney had to pay to cross the canal. (I was shocked at the cost) Hope you guys have a great time!
(my picture below proves, there's not much room for error in a lock for the Disney Wonder)
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #227
tobyjasper1970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMD13 View Post
I think the chocolate tasting would be awesome!
The chocolate tasting was amazing, we did the first one in May 2013 on the WBTC.

Mike and Tracy from Edinburgh,Scotland and our friends Susan & John from Aberdeen will be joining us for their first Disney cruise,

I see some familiar names from May 2013 andlook forward to seeing you again ttxx
Disney Westbound Transatlantic Sept 2011 1st cruise ever!!!
Disney Alaska Sept 2012
Disney Caribbean Dec 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Dec 2012
Disney Eastbound Transatlantic May 2013
Disney Med Cruise August 2013
WDW Dec 2013
Disney EBPC Sept 2014 to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary gold members
tobyjasper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #228
Shelljay
Earning My Ears

@TobyJasper1970 --- do your friends from Aberdeen know our friends from Aberdeen ? Wendy & her "mum" Doreen MacGregor? We sailed with them on our first Disney Cruise back in 2004 and have kept in touch with them ever since. They are huge Disney fans!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #229
Shelljay
Earning My Ears

@BigJon...do you have any Navigators from your PC cruise or menus? Would love to see some updated Navigators and menus.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #230
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Here's the front cover of the Voyage Navigator. (more to follow.....)
Old 09-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #231
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Inside of Voyage Navigator (left side)
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #232
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Inside of Voyage Navigator (right side)
Old 09-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #233
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

And finally, the back cover...
Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #234
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

What did you think of Colombia?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:15 AM   #235
tobyjasper1970
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelljay View Post
@TobyJasper1970 --- do your friends from Aberdeen know our friends from Aberdeen ? Wendy & her "mum" Doreen MacGregor? We sailed with them on our first Disney Cruise back in 2004 and have kept in touch with them ever since. They are huge Disney fans!
I will check with th them and let you know if it is truly a small world ttxx
Disney Westbound Transatlantic Sept 2011 1st cruise ever!!!
Disney Alaska Sept 2012
Disney Caribbean Dec 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Dec 2012
Disney Eastbound Transatlantic May 2013
Disney Med Cruise August 2013
WDW Dec 2013
Disney EBPC Sept 2014 to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary gold members
tobyjasper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #236
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
Here's the front cover of the Voyage Navigator. (more to follow.....)
Thanks for the Navigator. Looks like lots of fun things to do on board.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #237
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
..... And looking forward to sailing on her again through the Panama Canal. Our first DCL experience was aboard the Dream, which is a gorgeous ship. We were curious to see how the Wonder would stack up. Even though she is an older ship, her smaller size made it easier to learn our way around.... not to mention fewer steps to get where we wanted to go!

We were in Cabin 6132, which was ideally located close to aft elevators/stairs..... a quick trip up to Deck 9 for the buffet, other casual food venues and the SOFT-SERVE. Even in Alaska, the soft-serve always had customers.

We'll be in a different cabin for the Panama cruise, but as luck would have it my brother-in-law and his wife will be in that cabin on the cruise. We hid a little note in the cabin. It'll be interesting to see if it's found or not before the cruise.

The crew and cast members were wonderful, which was to be expected. While not as glitzy as the Dream, the Wonder has a charm of her own. We especially loved the Cadillac Lounge. We took in a few movies while onboard. Planes was the featured entertainment in the Walt Disney Theater one night, and we also watched Monster's University, Lincoln, and The Long Ranger in the Buena Vista Theater. The Lone Ranger may have been panned by reviewers, but we loved it! Johnny Depp as Tonto is priceless. Those who wanted to see something true to the 1950 TV series will be disappointed.... Tonto is the hero in this one. A really fun movie if you just go with the flow.

We enjoyed every minute of the Alaska trip. I can see us going back someday. But now we'll be looking forward to Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess in March 2014, followed by the Disney Panama one following in September. Life is good

Karen

Karen
Welcome back Karen & your DH. Glad to hear you had a GREAT time. Alaska is on the ol' bucket list for us. We are going to do it one of these times. Like Stephanie said we too have done all 4 ships. The Magic was our first cruise with Disney. We love the newer ships, the Dream and the Fantasy, but there is a special place in our hearts for the classic ships, the Magic and the Wonder. They all have their own special charm. We are really looking forward to getting back on the Wonder. It's been awhile since we have been on the classic ships. It's almost just 1 year away until we get on board for our cruise. Time sure flies when you are having fun...............doesn't it??!??

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #238
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
Hello Panama Canal cruisers, I'm not on this cruise, but me and my wife did this cruise on the Wonder back in December of last year, and we had a great time. It was an awesome cruise. All the different entertainment (the surprise for me was the crew talent show), the menus, it was all fantastic. We had a retired Pilot (Captain Puckett), who gave lectures each day before we went through the canal, and I missed his first couple of lectures in the Walt Disney Theater, because I thought it might be just boring facts. But let me tell you, I was wrong. I finally went, and he was very interesting. I learned so much about the history of the canal, what pilots do, how they get on the ship, and how much Disney had to pay to cross the canal. (I was shocked at the cost) Hope you guys have a great time!
(my picture below proves, there's not much room for error in a lock for the Disney Wonder)
THANKS BigJon for the picture of the Wonder going thru the Panama Canal!!! And, also, of the pictures of the navigators. These were Great to see, again thanks for sharing them with us. If you have any others you wouldn't mind sharing with us, we would love to see them.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #239
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

well i think im now for 98% sure im booking this cruise im waiting for flight prices to be released then i will book this one
Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #240
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerstfan1 View Post
well i think im now for 98% sure im booking this cruise im waiting for flight prices to be released then i will book this one
It is definitely worth it!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: