Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #211
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post

I have a friend who's e-mail sig says:
"Disney: for those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do!"

I love it! So true!
Perfect.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #212
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Have my Panama Canal book. Bringing it to work, patients need to behave!
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #213
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
Have my Panama Canal book. Bringing it to work, patients need to behave!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 08-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #214
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

If anyone is looking for a Panama Canal book, this is what they said is good in the 2013 PC thread.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #215
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope that you are all having a great weekend.
I don't know where the summer went . It seems like it just started and here we are with September starting tomorrow, but the good news is we are that much closer to our cruise

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #216
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If anyone is looking for a Panama Canal book, this is what they said is good in the 2013 PC thread.
Where did you buy the book Kdeans1010? Did they make a movie of it? I mean, is there a dvd of it? I mean, the book is good..................is there pictures? I mean, I can read, but...................oh well............where did you buy the book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMD13 View Post
Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope that you are all having a great weekend.
I don't know where the summer went . It seems like it just started and here we are with September starting tomorrow, but the good news is we are that much closer to our cruise
I too want to wish everyone a HAPPY & SAFE Labor Day week-end. Have fun but be safe everyone.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #217
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Where did you buy the book Kdeans1010? Did they make a movie of it? I mean, is there a dvd of it? I mean, the book is good..................is there pictures? I mean, I can read, but...................oh well............where did you buy the book?

Amazon.com, really good deal. Pictures and colors.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #218
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Amazon.com, really good deal. Pictures and colors.
Oooooooooooooooooooooo color, I like color...................pictures too?................boy oh boy I like pictures too!!! Sounds perfect!!! Thanks kdeans!!! I'll check that out now on Amazon.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #219
Shelljay
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting the information on the Panama Canal book...I just ordered a copy for us!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #220
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

I feel bad because I was sorta' snooping on another thread. But I wanted to know what they were reading and what they like. I want to know the history of this canal before I go in. That and I thought while I'm diving into Microbiology and Anatomy 2, I should have something fun to read... or Micro.

Oh that said I'm still going to put a "take a book leave a book" bag outside my room (it will be clearly marked), with anything left in the bag to be given to the Guest Services for the crew. :D
Old 09-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #221
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Just Back from a "Wonder"ful Alaska Cruise

..... And looking forward to sailing on her again through the Panama Canal. Our first DCL experience was aboard the Dream, which is a gorgeous ship. We were curious to see how the Wonder would stack up. Even though she is an older ship, her smaller size made it easier to learn our way around.... not to mention fewer steps to get where we wanted to go!

We were in Cabin 6132, which was ideally located close to aft elevators/stairs..... a quick trip up to Deck 9 for the buffet, other casual food venues and the SOFT-SERVE. Even in Alaska, the soft-serve always had customers.

We'll be in a different cabin for the Panama cruise, but as luck would have it my brother-in-law and his wife will be in that cabin on the cruise. We hid a little note in the cabin. It'll be interesting to see if it's found or not before the cruise.

The crew and cast members were wonderful, which was to be expected. While not as glitzy as the Dream, the Wonder has a charm of her own. We especially loved the Cadillac Lounge. We took in a few movies while onboard. Planes was the featured entertainment in the Walt Disney Theater one night, and we also watched Monster's University, Lincoln, and The Long Ranger in the Buena Vista Theater. The Lone Ranger may have been panned by reviewers, but we loved it! Johnny Depp as Tonto is priceless. Those who wanted to see something true to the 1950 TV series will be disappointed.... Tonto is the hero in this one. A really fun movie if you just go with the flow.

We enjoyed every minute of the Alaska trip. I can see us going back someday. But now we'll be looking forward to Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess in March 2014, followed by the Disney Panama one following in September. Life is good

Karen

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #222
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
..... And looking forward to sailing on her again through the Panama Canal. Our first DCL experience was aboard the Dream, which is a gorgeous ship. We were curious to see how the Wonder would stack up. Even though she is an older ship, her smaller size made it easier to learn our way around.... not to mention fewer steps to get where we wanted to go!

We were in Cabin 6132, which was ideally located close to aft elevators/stairs..... a quick trip up to Deck 9 for the buffet, other casual food venues and the SOFT-SERVE. Even in Alaska, the soft-serve always had customers.

We'll be in a different cabin for the Panama cruise, but as luck would have it my brother-in-law and his wife will be in that cabin on the cruise. We hid a little note in the cabin. It'll be interesting to see if it's found or not before the cruise.

The crew and cast members were wonderful, which was to be expected. While not as glitzy as the Dream, the Wonder has a charm of her own. We especially loved the Cadillac Lounge. We took in a few movies while onboard. Planes was the featured entertainment in the Walt Disney Theater one night, and we also watched Monster's University, Lincoln, and The Long Ranger in the Buena Vista Theater. The Lone Ranger may have been panned by reviewers, but we loved it! Johnny Depp as Tonto is priceless. Those who wanted to see something true to the 1950 TV series will be disappointed.... Tonto is the hero in this one. A really fun movie if you just go with the flow.

We enjoyed every minute of the Alaska trip. I can see us going back someday. But now we'll be looking forward to Caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess in March 2014, followed by the Disney Panama one following in September. Life is good

Karen

Karen
The Wonder was the first ship we sailed on. We've done all four ships now, and looking forward to being back on the Wonder. We love the Cadillac Lounge and it's sister Sessions on the Magic, and kind of feel that is the one thing both the Dream and Fantasy are missing in some sense. Though Skyline comes close, it still doesn't really have that same feel for me. Looking forward to relaxing before dinners in one of the club chairs by a port hole!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #223
Bellecruiser
Mouseketeer

Cadillac and Sessions lounges are our favorite places to hang out before dinner. On our Med cruise this summer we hung out there before dinner for an evening couple. There were a number of people who did the same. The piano player got us going on "guess the music" trivia and we ended up laughing, making friends, it was so much fun.

EBPC, Sep 2014
BCV for F&W 2014
SSR Jan 2015
Bellecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #224
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
The Wonder was the first ship we sailed on. We've done all four ships now, and looking forward to being back on the Wonder. We love the Cadillac Lounge and it's sister Sessions on the Magic, and kind of feel that is the one thing both the Dream and Fantasy are missing in some sense. Though Skyline comes close, it still doesn't really have that same feel for me. Looking forward to relaxing before dinners in one of the club chairs by a port hole!!!
That's what we did several times... both in the daytime and evening. There was a piano player/singer there in the evening, Larry King. He was terrific. It was a totally relaxing place to be.

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #225
OMD13
Mouseketeer

We have sailed on the Fantasy and the Dream and loved them both. We are looking forward to cruising on the Wonder.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: