Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

I was shocked at how expensive so many of the MIA hotels were. We are planning on staying in MIA for two or three nights before we board, and I am a little alarmed at how pricey it is there!

Suz (40) DH-Matt (39) DD-Ariel (6)
SeattleSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
nicswife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrea View Post
Can you park for free there while you're on the cruise?
here is the page another poster was talking about with the package you can purchase that lets you park there while cruising. It isn't free but may still be a good option for you. http://comfortsuitesmiamiairport.com/specials.html

we're staying here in March. It seemed to have the best reviews combined with most workable prices.
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #18
love5pets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pershing View Post
I'm interested in a Miami hotel too for pre-cruise Jan 2.

Has anyone used Priceline or Hotwire for this or for Fort Lauderdale? Any tips? Tricks? Or Free Re-bidding Zones?

Or has anyone used a Hyatt Stay Certificate for Miami.

I'm looking to get as good of a price as I can. Breakfast is not a must as we normally wake up late and not hungry upon boarding.usually.

Thanks for all the answers so far!
I prefer lastminutetravel dot com over Priceline or Hotwire because you can call and find out which hotel rather than buying a pig in a poke. I booked the Intercontinental (3 rooms) in Miami the Saturday before Thanksgiving for $122. per room which I thought was reasonable. I did it months ago, I'm sure it varies depending on occupancy. It's very close to the port. Maybe they have some good deals in FLL too.
love5pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
neg58
DIS Veteran

We stayed once at the Holiday Inn Express in FLL and at the Holiday Inn POM.

The express was fine, and I actually liked it a little better. The Holiday Inn POM is nice, but the walls are thin so don't expect silence. One thing that I liked was I asked for an upper room looking at the port and I saw the Wonder sail in - at about 5am!

I used a government rate at POM and it was pretty fair. Definitely try all the different travel discounts you may have access to - corporate, AAA, AARP - because they were all different

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
dbenlee
DIS Veteran

We are staying at Hyatt House Airport (http://miamiairport.house.hyatt.com/...our-hotel.html) for our upcoming trip. A 2 bedroom suite with a king and 2 queens for 6 people or $209 plus taxes and fees. They have a shuttle service to POM for about $12/per person.
June 2004 * Wilderness Lodge (sons first visit) --- June 2005 * Wilderness Lodge --- June 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- November 2006 * Beach Club Resort --- May/June 2007 * Yacht Club --- June 2008 Land & Sea * Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian and Disney Wonder 3 nights --- December 5, 2008 * Beach Club Resort --- ]une 13, 2009 * Disney Magic 7 nights --- June 4 to 18, 2010 * Bay Lake Towers --- [COLOR="Red"]June 12 to 17, 2011 * Disney Dream --- December 16-20, 2011 * Bay Lake Towers --- May 31 to June 11 2012 * Aulani --- February 1-5, 2013 * Disney Magic --- June 15, 2013 * Disney Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean --- November 24, 2013 * Disney Magic 5 night Western Caribbean --- June 10-14, 2014 * Aulani
Looking forward to many more with DW (Texas Disney Fan) and DS14!!

DISDad member #2

dbenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Hyatt House hotel (edit: same hotel as prior post) near the airport. Midweek they have "reception" with lite snacks and soft drinks, beer and wine. After flying across country, the light snacks made for a nice dinner: soup, vegies, quesadilla, cheese, crackers, fruit.

They picked us up at the airport then took us back the next morning where we caught the DCL bus to the port.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
egesicki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldobbs
We've booked the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for our cruise in March 2014. The place gets pretty good reviews - $129 for 2 Queen beds, and free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port.
We were there this past march, it was very nice.. Clean, friendly, free breakfast. We had a cruise pkg that included transfers and a bottle of wine. Also as members of their rewards club we got two drink coupons.

Dream 4nt Bahamas February 2011 9138, Wonder 4nt Bahamas March 2013 8084, WDW Mar 2015?

egesicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSuz View Post
I was shocked at how expensive so many of the MIA hotels were. We are planning on staying in MIA for two or three nights before we board, and I am a little alarmed at how pricey it is there!
For spending a couple of days at the beach before going on your cruise ...

See my post (its #4) on this thread

and price is somewhat subjective (I've just gotten used to paying $150/night - and that's taken me years to get used too): I think we paid about $150 per night for an ocean view room. The dinners were around $20 each for a nice piece of fish or steak at both places.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
For spending a couple of days at the beach before going on your cruise ...

and price is somewhat subjective (I've just gotten used to paying $150/night - and that's taken me years to get used too): I think we paid about $150 per night for an ocean view room. The dinners were around $20 each for a nice piece of fish or steak at both places.
And how long does it take to drive to Miami Beach from there? That place looks gorgeous. DH really has his heart on staying on MIA beach...

Old 07-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And how long does it take to drive to Miami Beach from there? That place looks gorgeous. DH really has his heart on staying on MIA beach...
Google Maps says its 40-45 minutes. So he want to go "sight seeing" does he Can't say that I blame him, but I always assume that what I see on tv won't be there when I am.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Google Maps says its 40-45 minutes. So he want to go "sight seeing" does he Can't say that I blame him, but I always assume that what I see on tv won't be there when I am.
I didnt even think of that!!
He's one of those "I just want to be where all the action is" type of guys. Plus, we've never been to MIA before and figured if we are flying all the way across the country, we might as well stay IN the action, KWIM?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... if we are flying all the way across the country, we might as well stay IN the action, KWIM?
Know what you mean - because I fly out of Portland to get there (ANYWHERE!!) - so when we are "there" we want to BE THERE.

And we are almost neighbors!! 40 years ago I had cousins that lived in Kirkland - back when it was "a long ways" from Seattle.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #28
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Know what you mean - because I fly out of Portland to get there (ANYWHERE!!) - so when we are "there" we want to BE THERE.

And we are almost neighbors!! 40 years ago I had cousins that lived in Kirkland - back when it was "a long ways" from Seattle.
Yeah ITA on "being there".
Long ways from Seattle. ha ha! And come on, Pdx is not THAT bad! You have Powell's and Voodoo! he he

Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #29
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Anyone have some good family friendly suggestions for after the cruise? We're going to stay 3 days extra after our Feb. cruise. Looking for family friendly, with a pool, and maybe fridge?

Nightclub not necessary1 A co-worker was just there for work, and stayed in one of the hotels near the convention center. His hotel had a nightclub outside, and he was up every night until 3 with the bass beat.

We're doing the La Quinta on LeJeune for pre-cruise night. Free airport shuttle and to the cruise port! It also had good reviews on trip advisor.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Anyone have some good family friendly suggestions for after the cruise? We're going to stay 3 days extra after our Feb. cruise. Looking for family friendly, with a pool, and maybe fridge?

Nightclub not necessary1....

we had a kitchenette in our room. In the afternoons to early evening they had a guy playing guitar and singing out by the pool - he was good!! Our last day there "we all" got him to do a couple of encores!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: