Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

Letter from Mickey in room

So a few years ago my wife and I found a letter from Mickey congratulating us on our marriage in the room the first night of check-in. It was really nice. There was a picture of Mickey and Minnie getting into the limo all dressed in the wedding attire and then a note from Mickey out beside it. Anyway, I was curious if this is something that can be requested or if it's just something the hotel does on occasion depending on who's running the ship. The reason is because I would like to request something similar for my brother and his wife except that this one is for a first visit. Our letter wasn't requested but we did let the hotel know that we were just married.

Thanks

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Sounds like something they do for the occasions noted on the reservation. I had a birthday card from Mickey a few days after check in. I don't think it's something you could request personally, but maybe make sure to let them know to have their first visit. Outed on the reservation.

You could order something personally through the Disney Florist. They do fun little packages,
Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

not sure about this but we got something similar at vero beach when we were there with our 2 month old. haha...funny thing was that it was for an anniversary but it was nowhere near our anniversary. also, they delivered it one night when the baby cried for a good half hr. so when that knock came at the door we were sure we were being asked to leave!

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: