Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

If you have a room only res an want a package...

I have a RO reservation. If free dining actually comes out and I call to book a package, will they let me? Or will they see I have a RO res and make me cancel it before they book my package? I don't want to lose my room. If I can't get the location I want w free dining I want to just keep my RO. In the time it takes to cancel a RO and boom the package the room could be gone.
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
I have a RO reservation. If free dining actually comes out and I call to book a package, will they let me? Or will they see I have a RO res and make me cancel it before they book my package? I don't want to lose my room. If I can't get the location I want w free dining I want to just keep my RO. In the time it takes to cancel a RO and boom the package the room could be gone.
The RO will eventually have to be cancelled/refunded as RO reservations can't be converted to packages (and vice versa), but it doesn't have to be cancelled before booking the package. I wouldn't even mention your existing reservation when you call. I would check availability and if what you want is available under FD, I'd book that package and then have the RO cancelled. HTH .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

You will, technically, have to cancel and rebook. However, what actually happens is that you book and then cancel. They won't cancel your RO before they know that they can book the package you want.

Also, realize that you are not booking a "room." You are booking a category, which encompasses many, many rooms at each resort (even at the smallest resort, POFQ). So your "room" won't be gone; it's not assigned until shortly before check in.

You will have the option to explore the resort/room categories available for FD before you have to decide to change.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Just because you have an existing room reservation doesn't mean that it will be available for free dining, even if it's within the offer dates. They allocate so many rooms per room type, per resort, per date. If yours is not one of them, you will not get it or will have to switch to a different resort or room type. If a room type is already booked up, they will not offer it. So people actually hurt themselves by booking a room anticipating free dining.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Just because you have an existing room reservation doesn't mean that it will be available for free dining, even if it's within the offer dates. They allocate so many rooms per room type, per resort, per date. If yours is not one of them, you will not get it or will have to switch to a different resort or room type. If a room type is already booked up, they will not offer it. So people actually hurt themselves by booking a room anticipating free dining.
Yes I know that, I didn't book the RO to get free dining. I booked the RO because I wanted it. However, if FD is offered and I can get a package with my same resort then I will go for it. If not, I will stick with my RO. I just wanted to make sure the system won't throw up a red flag saying I already have a RO and they won't book a package until they cancel the RO. But from the replies it looks like I will be OK
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post
I just wanted to make sure the system won't throw up a red flag saying I already have a RO and they won't book a package until they cancel the RO. But from the replies it looks like I will be OK
No red flags, you will be fine . Good luck and I hope FD is available for you if that's what you want .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: