Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #76
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Okay here goes. We were standing on the dock for the boat to DTD from OKW. Just standing there enjoying the breeze. I'm holding the stroller and my DH is standing next to dd in the stroller. All of a sudden a grackle (like a crow) lands on my head and starts pecking me! I was so startled I didn't move at first then I shoo'd it away. My DH just stood there at first then he lost it laughing so hard. I was hurt and embarrassed but I don't think anyone saw. That's the second time a bird at Disney has attacked my head! Lol

Angry birds! My wife would have lost it.
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #77
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

OMGGGG I'm crying laughing so hard at these stories!!!!!!!!

I've got one. I've told it on the DIS before so sorry if you've already heard it.

This was 10 years ago I took my friend and my then 8yo DGD. We went to AK and got on Kali and needless to say I got totally soaked. Wasn't wearing white but was wearing some jeans shorts that did not dry fast. I got totally bad bad chaffed on my upper inside thighs from walking and the wet shorts. It was horrible. I could barely walk by the time we left. I was wide stepping ok.

We were going to MK that night to the (heck, can't remember the name. Like EMH but back then you paid extra.) I'd already bought the tickets to go so we were going no matter what. We got back to BWV and I was trying to figure out something to bandage my thighs so I could walk properly. Nothing was big enough. Then I got the idea to put moleskin on it. Not cut or anything the big full sheets on each thigh.lol It felt great and I felt sooooo smart for thinking of it!

We get to MK before the extra hours started and found a spot near Pecos Bills to sit and watch the parade. We watch the parade and as I was standing up I felt pulling, you know, down there. I'm like what the heck. I tell my DGD and friend I need to go to the restroom. So I duck into the ones by Pecos and get in the stall and pull my shorts down and discover that moleskin had curled up around the edges and kinda scooted up too and my, um hair was all tangled up in it!!!

I started trying to pull it out and yes it did hurt! lol Finally I had such a mess going on down there I decide to just pull the moleskin off altogether. OMG the whole top layer of my skin came off with it!!!!

I had raw meat inside thighs!!!! I couldn't walk. It was horrible!!! I had to go tell my friend and DGD to carry on without me as I walked wide stepping out of the park and back to BWV.

I get back to the villa and found some clean sheets in the closet and placed it between my legs and cried myself to sleep. lmao

The next morning we had EPCOT planned. I didn't know how I was going to do it. My friend said she'd go down to the gift shop and get some bandages. When she came back up she said she told the CM at the shop and they were sending a medical person up. I'm like omg really? You told this? lol

Well, I was back in the bedroom and still had my nightgown on and was sitting the only way I could which was with my legs spread when I hear a knock on our door out in the living room area. Next thing I look up and see this gorgeous LIFEGUARD standing there with a little bandaid in his hand. He took one look at me and said, "Oh, I don't think this will help." and made a very fast exit! omg

I ended up renting a scooter for the rest of the trip as I could not WALK. The nice nurses at EPCOT first aid station gave me a bunch of gauze and these sleeve like things that sorta kept the gauze and everything in place.

And I never ever ever showed my face at the pool for the rest of the trip for fear I'd see the lifeguard.

Moral of the story is do not under any circumstances put moleskin any place other than your feet!
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #78
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Back in the 70's, DH and I visited the World for the first time together and MK was the only theme park at that time.

We were in line to pay for some t-shirts and DH throws them at me and says, "I've got to find a bathroom!" He was having a severe gastrointestinal episode and if you recall, shorts were REALLY short back then.

Now we know where everything is but back then, NO IDEA where the restrooms were. DH practically tackled Chip & Dale begging for directions. They can easily see his distress and start to frantically point in the direction of the nearest restroom. Crisis averted(narrowly, whew!). Meanwhile, I'm still in line to pay for the t-shirts and imagining every possible disastrous outcome.

To this day, DH will seek out Chip&Dale and thank them for their help in avoiding what could have been a MESS. They pat him on the back and give him the thumbs uplike they actually remember.

HOW COULD THEY FORGET????
This sounds like a scene from Bridesmaids!
I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time , but at least you can laugh about it now, which is true for so many things.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #79
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat
OMGGGG I'm crying laughing so hard at these stories!!!!!!!!

I've got one. I've told it on the DIS before so sorry if you've already heard it.

This was 10 years ago I took my friend and my then 8yo DGD. We went to AK and got on Kali and needless to say I got totally soaked. Wasn't wearing white but was wearing some jeans shorts that did not dry fast. I got totally bad bad chaffed on my upper inside thighs from walking and the wet shorts. It was horrible. I could barely walk by the time we left. I was wide stepping ok.

We were going to MK that night to the (heck, can't remember the name. Like EMH but back then you paid extra.) I'd already bought the tickets to go so we were going no matter what. We got back to BWV and I was trying to figure out something to bandage my thighs so I could walk properly. Nothing was big enough. Then I got the idea to put moleskin on it. Not cut or anything the big full sheets on each thigh.lol It felt great and I felt sooooo smart for thinking of it!

We get to MK before the extra hours started and found a spot near Pecos Bills to sit and watch the parade. We watch the parade and as I was standing up I felt pulling, you know, down there. I'm like what the heck. I tell my DGD and friend I need to go to the restroom. So I duck into the ones by Pecos and get in the stall and pull my shorts down and discover that moleskin had curled up around the edges and kinda scooted up too and my, um hair was all tangled up in it!!!

I started trying to pull it out and yes it did hurt! lol Finally I had such a mess going on down there I decide to just pull the moleskin off altogether. OMG the whole top layer of my skin came off with it!!!!

I had raw meat inside thighs!!!! I couldn't walk. It was horrible!!! I had to go tell my friend and DGD to carry on without me as I walked wide stepping out of the park and back to BWV.

I get back to the villa and found some clean sheets in the closet and placed it between my legs and cried myself to sleep. lmao

The next morning we had EPCOT planned. I didn't know how I was going to do it. My friend said she'd go down to the gift shop and get some bandages. When she came back up she said she told the CM at the shop and they were sending a medical person up. I'm like omg really? You told this? lol

Well, I was back in the bedroom and still had my nightgown on and was sitting the only way I could which was with my legs spread when I hear a knock on our door out in the living room area. Next thing I look up and see this gorgeous LIFEGUARD standing there with a little bandaid in his hand. He took one look at me and said, "Oh, I don't think this will help." and made a very fast exit! omg

I ended up renting a scooter for the rest of the trip as I could not WALK. The nice nurses at EPCOT first aid station gave me a bunch of gauze and these sleeve like things that sorta kept the gauze and everything in place.

And I never ever ever showed my face at the pool for the rest of the trip for fear I'd see the lifeguard.

Moral of the story is do not under any circumstances put moleskin any place other than your feet!
I'm crying and snorting!!! LOL!
You poor thing.
How long did it take to heal??
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #80
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post

I'm crying and snorting!!! LOL!
You poor thing.
How long did it take to heal??
It took my thighs a few weeks but mentally I'm still trying to heal!! Lol

Of course the mere mention of moleskin in my family brings it all back.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #81
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I am loving these tales...great ones..BTW disneynanacat, I used moleskin for the first time this past weekend...and only on my feet. I will always remember you when I use it
Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #82
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
I am loving these tales...great ones..BTW disneynanacat, I used moleskin for the first time this past weekend...and only on my feet. I will always remember you when I use it
No doubt. Lmao
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #83
WDW Crawl

Loving the DIS board already and this is just my first thread.

Yet another story of mine is from when I was a kid and we went to the Poly. My dad rented a sail boat with my sister and I, but the problem is someone shut the wind off once we were out in the water. After aimlessly floating for what felt like an hour, once getting yelled at by another boat that was fishing (as if we wanted to drift towards them), I had the bright idea to get out of the boat and swim for help. Well around that time a disney boat (with motor) came by and yelled for me to get back in the boat (stay out of the damn lake!). They threw us a line and towed us to safety and my laughing (and video camera holding) mother.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #84
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Crawl View Post
Loving the DIS board already and this is just my first thread.

Yet another story of mine is from when I was a kid and we went to the Poly. My dad rented a sail boat with my sister and I, but the problem is someone shut the wind off once we were out in the water. After aimlessly floating for what felt like an hour, once getting yelled at by another boat that was fishing (as if we wanted to drift towards them), I had the bright idea to get out of the boat and swim for help. Well around that time a disney boat (with motor) came by and yelled for me to get back in the boat (stay out of the damn lake!). They threw us a line and towed us to safety and my laughing (and video camera holding) mother.

This reminded me of an embarrassing story only it was my niece and her daughter.
My niece, Jennifer, and her daughter, Ashley, joined us on a trip. The girls were 12( niece) and 11 (DD). We decided to rent mice at the Beach Club. Jen decided to allow her daughter to drive the boat. Ash drove into the long grass along the water's edge near the BWV walkway to Hollywood Studios. The boat stopped and would not start again! My daughter and I started giggling as we watched from our boat. Jennifer jumped into the water to try to push the boat out of the grass thinking it would reach her knees. Umm, no, it reached to her bosom. Just then, a Friendship boat goes by and the captain announces over the loudspeaker that he's called for help. My daughter and I lost it as did the people on the boats. Cameras were flashing like a rush of paparazzi. It's one of our best and funniest Disney memories.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #85
pieface
Mouseketeer

Never had a disney bird attack me but it seems every time I go to Disney 51 times now they always fly over and poop on me. It's kind of a family joke now they tell me to wear a poncho or use an umbrella.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #86
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

This thread is hilarious. I actually have a funny one. We were at WDW this past June. There were 12 of us. One day we were at Hollywood Studios and my husband and sister in law, and the kids decided they were heading over to the Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. I've done them both but wasn't in the mood. I told them I would pass and planned to head into some of the shops to do some shopping. As I was walking by Echo lake by myself (literally 2 min after my family left me) I was hit lightly in the head by something. A little shocked I looked up and saw a duck flying away...I thought "oh wow, a duck just skimmed my head" no sooner did I finish that thought and BONK, I was hit very hard in the head a second time, heard some quacking also. Completely stunned now...I look up and see a second duck flying away. I take a few steps...in total shock thinking "I've been hit in the head twice by low flying ducks" then I looked down at myself.....OH MY GOSH I WAS COVERED IN DUCK POOP! I guess the second duck must have been startled when it hit me and just let go!! My chest, arm, neck, head, ear.....I was covered...and it smelled awful. Then I realized lots of people were looking at me as I stood with my jaw hanging! I quickly rushed to the closest ladies room to clean up but I was such a mess it was impossible. I had to walk back to Beach Club Villas (didnt dare get on the boat due to how bad i smelled) and take a shower. It was imbedded in my hair, my ears. so the rest of the vacation I was paranoid of any low flying birds and frequently told people to beware of the ducks!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #87
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Not Disney related but on 2 trips to Europe, I walked out of church and birds pooped on my jacket (Yugoslavia) and my hair (Ireland).
Old 07-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #88
WDW Crawl

Donald needs to start keeping his cousins in line it sounds! Animals in Disney are so use to people it seems now that they just don't care. It is morbid though to see the turkey legs being chewed on by the birds in the MK public service announcement: throw them away when finished, or don't buy one please

I've got a great picture I took during one of my trips this past year of some little birds bathing in a puddle on the road that made me laugh. Funny how I feel like Dug sometimes with the common squirrel or bird when I'm surrounded in the uncommon.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #89
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Be careful of the birds at Flame Tree! They'll chase people away to get their food.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #90
pollypineapple8
Mouseketeer

Talking

We visited Disney back in March 2010 and had decided to take a trip to Typhoon Lagoon. We went on a water slide (cant remember which one), but the force of the slide and me hitting the water at the end caused my normally tight bikini top to end up round my neck. I stood up not realising. It took me about 30-60 seconds to realise and Iam sure loads of people saw. I wanted to DIE! Next time, I will be holding onto my bikini not my nose

Or wearing an all in one suit

Disney World Orlando - Ramada March 2010
Disneyland Paris - Dream Castle July 2012
Disney World Orlando - Polynesian Resort September 2013
pollypineapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: