Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #61
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Spaz View Post
I was one who learned to consider her clothing before riding the hard way. We were at AK in July 2009 and it was hot! I was wearing white pants and a new light pink GF shirt that I had just bought. DH talked DD, then 4 and just at 38" into riding KRR.

I didn't even think about what I was wearing until I got soaked and as I got of the ride DH and DS, then 18, began laughing so hard DS almost couldn't breathe. I was completely see through! I had of course color coordinated and was wearing white undergarments. I was so embarrassed and livid at my family I stomped out of the park. As we walked out on man actually fell over his kids stroller and stumbled down the bridge on your way to the Tree of Life. All DH and DS did was walk behind me howling with laughter.

In hindsight I should have immediately bought new clothes but I was so upset and embarrassed all I could think was to get out of the park.

Even now when we get dressed to go to AK or MK they both ask me if I am going to wear my GF shirt.
the guy that fell over his stroller! Wish someone had a video of that happening.

~guy walking with stroller~ "do do do going to Disney do do do gonna see some Animals do do do"
~girl in wet see-through clothes runs by~
~guy sees girl losing muscle control~ "Whaaaa"
~guy falls over stroller and gets back up~ "do do do going to Disney...."
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #62
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

On our first trip at All Star Movies we came upon an armadillo. Our natural reaction (as anyone's would be) was to run around during the week, randomly chanting 'it's the Holiday Armadillo!' (Friends tv show reference). A few days into the trip we were getting back to the resort. My husband dropped us off and went to go park. As he was coming up to the building he saw the elevator closing and caught a glimpse of us. Being the oh so hilarious chap he is, my husband ran up the stairs and waited in front of the elevator. The moment the doors opened he did his variation of jazz hands and yelled 'IT'S THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!!'

Sadly for him, we were already on our room. The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children in a mixture of fear and defense. Mortified, my husband just sprinted back to our room. We never did see that family again...
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #63
WDW Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
On our first trip at All Star Movies we came upon an armadillo. Our natural reaction (as anyone's would be) was to run around during the week, randomly chanting 'it's the Holiday Armadillo!' (Friends tv show reference). A few days into the trip we were getting back to the resort. My husband dropped us off and went to go park. As he was coming up to the building he saw the elevator closing and caught a glimpse of us. Being the oh so hilarious chap he is, my husband ran up the stairs and waited in front of the elevator. The moment the doors opened he did his variation of jazz hands and yelled 'IT'S THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!!'

Sadly for him, we were already on our room. The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children in a mixture of fear and defense. Mortified, my husband just sprinted back to our room. We never did see that family again...

Hahaha!!! That would be so random and funny! Wouldn't have gotten the reference but would have cracked up.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #64
AuroraRora
Princess

:rotlf: That family must have been the most confused family in all of WDW!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #65
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lmao!!!!! I would have loved to see that!!'

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #66
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Mine was this past April. At the drink vendor outside of Spaceship Earth, I bought a Coca-Cola in a bottle from a CM that was this little skinny kid that looked about 12. I couldn't open it and I asked him, "Would you please open this Coke bottle for me?" Only I didn't say "Coke"..... I said "C*ck." OMG!!! I am in my late 40's, and open Born Again and I don't even SAY that word in my worst moments!!!

The poor kid looked MORTIFIED!!!

My girlfriend burst out laughing and spouted, "Paging Dr. Freud!"

I'm pretty sure the CM is scarred for life.

BTW, it was at least a month before I could even look at a Coke bottle w/o laughing!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #67
jillianml
Mouseketeer

embarassing things at disney

My poor dad got new swimming trunks for our trip and didnt realize he needed underwear!My DD at the time was like 10 yrs old and we all get into a big raft sit down and look over at my dad and his junk was hanging out the side of his trunks lol!My DD and I looked at each other speechless and about the same time my dad realizes and says OH MY Golly and fixes himself!Now everytime we go somewhere he says don't worry I've got my underware on lol!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #68
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

I have not had time to read every post, yet, but so far this thread is great!!! I would have to say my most embarrassing moment was when I fell UP the stairs in Canada!!!!! Don't ask how I managed to do that, the best part, I had not even been drinking!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #69
Cee
DIS Veteran

Back in the 70's, DH and I visited the World for the first time together and MK was the only theme park at that time.

We were in line to pay for some t-shirts and DH throws them at me and says, "I've got to find a bathroom!" He was having a severe gastrointestinal episode and if you recall, shorts were REALLY short back then.

Now we know where everything is but back then, NO IDEA where the restrooms were. DH practically tackled Chip & Dale begging for directions. They can easily see his distress and start to frantically point in the direction of the nearest restroom. Crisis averted(narrowly, whew!). Meanwhile, I'm still in line to pay for the t-shirts and imagining every possible disastrous outcome.

To this day, DH will seek out Chip&Dale and thank them for their help in avoiding what could have been a MESS. They pat him on the back and give him the thumbs uplike they actually remember.

HOW COULD THEY FORGET????
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #70
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianml View Post
My poor dad got new swimming trunks for our trip and didnt realize he needed underwear!My DD at the time was like 10 yrs old and we all get into a big raft sit down and look over at my dad and his junk was hanging out the side of his trunks lol!My DD and I looked at each other speechless and about the same time my dad realizes and says OH MY Golly and fixes himself!Now everytime we go somewhere he says don't worry I've got my underware on lol!
Oh poor granddaughter!!!! Lmao too funny

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #71
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children ...
So, did you ask your DH which one you looked the most like ? The man or the young kids ?
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #72
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna-like-Banana View Post
So, did you ask your DH which one you looked the most like ? The man or the young kids ?
LMAO no! I just like to pretend that he mistook the man for my mother (who was with us) and leave it at that!

That poor man had been through enough at that point. Earlier in the trip he put on a white T-shirt he had just purchased... CHILD SIZE!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #73
WDW Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Back in the 70's, DH and I visited the World for the first time together and MK was the only theme park at that time.

We were in line to pay for some t-shirts and DH throws them at me and says, "I've got to find a bathroom!" He was having a severe gastrointestinal episode and if you recall, shorts were REALLY short back then.

Now we know where everything is but back then, NO IDEA where the restrooms were. DH practically tackled Chip & Dale begging for directions. They can easily see his distress and start to frantically point in the direction of the nearest restroom. Crisis averted(narrowly, whew!). Meanwhile, I'm still in line to pay for the t-shirts and imagining every possible disastrous outcome.

To this day, DH will seek out Chip&Dale and thank them for their help in avoiding what could have been a MESS. They pat him on the back and give him the thumbs uplike they actually remember.

HOW COULD THEY FORGET????
LOL that was a magical moment for everyone involved Asking a character for directions to the restroom, especially non-face, I imagine would lead to a frantic series of pointing and confusion
Old 07-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #74
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Laughing so hard

These are so funny. I don't have any funny stuff that has happened but am enjoying all the other stories that I am reading. They're are good for a laugh on a quiet day.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #75
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Okay here goes. We were standing on the dock for the boat to DTD from OKW. Just standing there enjoying the breeze. I'm holding the stroller and my DH is standing next to dd in the stroller. All of a sudden a grackle (like a crow) lands on my head and starts pecking me! I was so startled I didn't move at first then I shoo'd it away. My DH just stood there at first then he lost it laughing so hard. I was hurt and embarrassed but I don't think anyone saw. That's the second time a bird at Disney has attacked my head! Lol
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: