Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #451
musicmom3331
Earning My Ears

This happened when I was 5 at Disneyland. At that time I hated loud sudden noises. We were on Jungle Cruise and when the CM shot at the whatever in the water (I remember it as a gator), I put my hands over my ears and proceeded to scream. The CM tried to calm me down. He said, "I'm done, I'm done!" I uncovered my ears and yelled, "I know!", and resumed screaming. That was 53 years ago and still a fresh, and embarrassing, memory!
musicmom3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #452
connors95
Earning My Ears

This is a great thread. Let's keep them coming.
connors95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #453
tanyabanana
Mouseketeer

My family went to Disneyland/California Adventure a few years ago. My husband and sons were walking a little ahead of my daughter and I as we entered California Adventure in the early afternoon. My daughter was about 8 at the time, we were holding hands just walking along. I was looking to the side at a store when all of a sudden, BAM, my daughter ran smack into a free standing sign in the middle of a walkway. She went tumbling, the sign tipped over and broke, and I stood there hysterically laughing (if I am nervous, amused, scared, surprised, really any emotion and I laugh) My daughter is laying on the ground and I can't even ask if she is ok. My husband always leaves the area when I am laughing like that. It's bad. Finally a nice photopass person comes over and helps my daughter up, making sure she was ok and looking at me like I'm a terrible parent since I am still practically rolling on the ground. My daughter was just fine and later said that she thought she saw money on the ground and was looking at that and didn't see the sign. I felt so bad that the sign was broke! I apologized about million times to the photopass person. My daughter can laugh about it now but still blames me saying I ran her into the sign.

tanyabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #454
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyabanana View Post
My family went to Disneyland/California Adventure a few years ago. My husband and sons were walking a little ahead of my daughter and I as we entered California Adventure in the early afternoon. My daughter was about 8 at the time, we were holding hands just walking along. I was looking to the side at a store when all of a sudden, BAM, my daughter ran smack into a free standing sign in the middle of a walkway. She went tumbling, the sign tipped over and broke, and I stood there hysterically laughing (if I am nervous, amused, scared, surprised, really any emotion and I laugh) My daughter is laying on the ground and I can't even ask if she is ok. My husband always leaves the area when I am laughing like that. It's bad. Finally a nice photopass person comes over and helps my daughter up, making sure she was ok and looking at me like I'm a terrible parent since I am still practically rolling on the ground. My daughter was just fine and later said that she thought she saw money on the ground and was looking at that and didn't see the sign. I felt so bad that the sign was broke! I apologized about million times to the photopass person. My daughter can laugh about it now but still blames me saying I ran her into the sign.
I do the same thing with emotion when something shocking like that happens. I have made DH mad at me more than once for it but I can't help it.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #455
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink15823 View Post
I fell in the UK at Epcot broke my finger, blooded my face and hit my head knocked the wind out of myself. Had a fabulous Medic and EMT crew . Scarred my Dh and children and two very sweet older ladies sitting on a bench in the shade.Not my best moment .
I also fell in the UK after just coming out of the pub there, but I hadn't anything to drink. We were just asking directions. I passed out from heat stroke and ended up with a badly sprained ankle and bruised everywhere. I ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of our trip and I looked like I'd been in a car wreck. Nothing was broken thankfully. I got lots of unwanted attention too as I frightened a lot of people apparently as they came running over to me. I refused to walk near that pub on our last trip, perhaps being a bit superstitious. On that same trip my son also fell in the UK. It was not our lucky country!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #456
figmentfan510
Earning My Ears

A bird pooped on me at Animal Kingdom.

figmentfan510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #457
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan510
A bird pooped on me at Animal Kingdom.
That is actually good luck. But yuck!

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #458
bdillahu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
That is actually good luck. But yuck!
Trip we just got back from, leaving Animal Kingdom and walking toward the exit my DS decided to go through one of the "caves". Fine, meet us at the other end. As he stepped away, a bird flew over and deposited it's last few meals. Just missed everybody, but the "splat" was impressive.

I was so glad it missed :-)
bdillahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #459
bowmandanielle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony NY View Post
mine was at the magic kingdom 2008 I fell out and had my first seizure on the ramp to monorail I was walking with my cane and I as I'm seizing I some how hit my sister square in the face.
oh my THIS is my biggest fear as a epileptic with my first trip coming up in March. I hope you was ok!!!
bowmandanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #460
USMelinUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Last trip, a little 8 year old boy was chatting with me while I waited for dh to get my Dole Whip. His mom was in line as well, and the line was long, so we chatted for quite some time. When his mom came over to get him, he wanted to exchange numbers so we could meet up later in our trip. What a cutie! Just a little awkward!
This is absolutely wonderful! I hope you told your DH you had a date for later in the trip.

Originally a member since 2004.
USMelinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #461
sjhanksaz
Mouseketeer

I was walking into the Tiki room at WDW at around 8 PM and it was really dark.

I felt something on one leg, then the other and then back to the first. It was kind of cold and wet. In the dark I wondered if it was a snake.

There were not many people around but if they were they would have seen me doing quite the dance. I was hopping and jumping around with my arms up.

After my routine I looked down to see one of those light colored frogs hopping away from me. We had seen them aroudn the park. They were pretty cool and I noticed they have the ability to hang on vertical surfaces. He must have been jumping from one of my legs to the other. It caught me pretty off guard.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #462
connors95
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz
I was walking into the Tiki room at WDW at around 8 PM and it was really dark.

I felt something on one leg, then the other and then back to the first. It was kind of cold and wet. In the dark I wondered if it was a snake.

There were not many people around but if they were they would have seen me doing quite the dance. I was hopping and jumping around with my arms up.

After my routine I looked down to see one of those light colored frogs hopping away from me. We had seen them aroudn the park. They were pretty cool and I noticed they have the ability to hang on vertical surfaces. He must have been jumping from one of my legs to the other. It caught me pretty off guard.
That's really funny. I can just picture in my head that happening to someone around me . They would be a dancing fool.
connors95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #463
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We went to AK as our first park on our very first trip to Disney. We got there early and ended up being chosen to go on the safari before the park opened with another family.

While we were talking through the park the safari guide was giving us a private tour and discussing different things like the tree and how many leaves it had, the carvings, etc. Somewhere there is a tree with a large iguana or other lizard on one of the branches. He was telling us the lizard's name, and describing all these things. I thought it was really cool and said 'wow, how do you guys get him to stay in that tree? Or does he come down and kind of wander around sometimes?' .... that darn lizard is fake. It's FAKE.

My husband and the guide got a good chuckle. Screw you Disney for your believable lizards and magical immersion.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #464
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

we were rather embarrassed for this woman - does that count?
there was a family (10-ish girl, mom, dad, & grandma) on the safari with us. as the truck passed thru, the mom yelled, "oh, LOOK AT THOSE KANGAROOS!!!"
of course, everyone, including the driver, turned, as the woman's family ooooohed and ahhhhed at her sharp vision and incredible knowledge.
apparently, antelope are actually a new breed: african kangaroos
passing the hippos was a line of the uninvited (WDW gave up trying to keep them out) vultures - perched on wood posts, huge wings outspread, eyes focused on each of us as the truck passed.
"LOOK, honey, LOOK!!! don't they look REAL!!!" and there was a slight turning as
some of the vultures focused on her (a little too hungrily).
that was her very LOUD mantra for most of the ride, until near the end....when she must've realized that much of what she saw actually was real....

gotta love them african kangaroos

Last edited by LSchrow; 11-11-2013 at 09:18 AM.
LSchrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #465
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bob Loblaw View Post
This is a short embarrassing story about my mom. We had just boarded our Doom Buggie on HM when I felt the seat vibrate. I said "OMG, did you just feel that? Our seat just vibrated!" I've ridden the ride dozens of times and that's never happened before. Turns out I couldn't hear it, but she had just farted because was "saving it" for when we were away from the crowds.
LOL!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!! This is totally something my family would do!!!

SheenaXena21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: