Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #436
connors95
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by akyarnie
More more!!

I guess I have one actually....

Last trip to WDW my youngest was only six weeks old. My two year old was happily playing at the play area that had been in Mickey's Toon Town. I sat on a bench outside of that to keep an eye on the two year as well as be able to nurse my baby. Then on the other end of a bench a man sat down and lit up a cigarette. I don't smoke and it's instantly gives me a headache to be near that. And it was not a smoking area. I tried to stand up and move to the next bench. At that exact moment my ds started filling his diaper. The pressure from me lifting him caused it to, let's just say - not stay in the diaper - he was wearing a romper so it got all over my hand and arm. Meanwhile I'm still nursing him. My husband had gone to the restroom so I had no extra hand to try and get cleaned up! Luckily I was prepared and somehow managed to get the wet wipes and extra outfit out of the stroller without flashing anyone or getting any of the poo on my clothes. I'm sure I looked like a total crazy person and grossed some people out!

Luckily I didn't let it bother me too much and had a great rest of the day and trip!
I'm glad that you just shrugged it off and had a great rest of the day. That's the whole point of being at the Happiest Place on Earth.
connors95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #437
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

My family was just reminiscing about this the other day. Years ago you used to be able to look for paintbrushes at Tom Sayers island. They were hidden there by cast members and if you managed to get on one of the first boats of the day you could try your luck at finding one. If you happened to be lucky enough to get one you could turn it into the CM and they would give you a FP for btmr or splash. Well... We never were successful with that, but I had mentioned it to my family not thinking anything about it. Fast forward a few days later and we are at Typhoon Lagoon. We split up for a bit. I took the little kids while dh went to ride some of the bigger slides. Next thing I know dh comes running toward me holding a paintbrush. Lol. I was like what on earth are you doing? He was so excited he had found one. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was probably just left there by some random person. Lol. He was just sure he had found something special. Next thing I know he found a CM who looked at him as if he were from Mars and thanked him for returning what was obviously left behind by the painters. Bahahahahaha.

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
ohboyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #438
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!

At Liberty Tree Tavern, my 5 month old was sitting on my lap during lunch. I was eating the turkey dinner, when I noticed my hand was wet with something that basically looked like the gravy from the meal. Thank goodness I didn't just lick it right off of my hand because it was my 5 month old's diaper blowout that went all over me. (He was totally breastfed at that time so it didn't really smell like poop.) I ended up just throwing his clothes away since he was more than 50% poop covered. My shorts and shirt were completely covered in poop and I had to go and buy a sundress to wear instead at one of the gift shops. We were in port on a disney cruise, so I couldn't even easily go and change in a resort room. So gross. Thankfully, the hostess at LTT was super nice and walked me to the clothing store.
Jan 2016 - Southern Caribbean on the Wonder
ilovebassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #439
akyarnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by connors95 View Post
I'm glad that you just shrugged it off and had a great rest of the day. That's the whole point of being at the Happiest Place on Earth.
Totally Agree!!

Kelsey John Corbin Noah
akyarnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #440
akyarnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets View Post
At Liberty Tree Tavern, my 5 month old was sitting on my lap during lunch. I was eating the turkey dinner, when I noticed my hand was wet with something that basically looked like the gravy from the meal. Thank goodness I didn't just lick it right off of my hand because it was my 5 month old's diaper blowout that went all over me. (He was totally breastfed at that time so it didn't really smell like poop.) I ended up just throwing his clothes away since he was more than 50% poop covered. My shorts and shirt were completely covered in poop and I had to go and buy a sundress to wear instead at one of the gift shops. We were in port on a disney cruise, so I couldn't even easily go and change in a resort room. So gross. Thankfully, the hostess at LTT was super nice and walked me to the clothing store.
Those blowouts are killer!!

Kelsey John Corbin Noah
akyarnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #441
emilily88
So fetch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets View Post
At Liberty Tree Tavern, my 5 month old was sitting on my lap during lunch. I was eating the turkey dinner, when I noticed my hand was wet with something that basically looked like the gravy from the meal. Thank goodness I didn't just lick it right off of my hand because it was my 5 month old's diaper blowout that went all over me.
I don't even want to think about what would've happened if you'd just licked it off!! :scared1

WDW 2000, 2002
High School Musical Kansas premiere 2007
Lion King Gazelle Tour 2013
emilily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #442
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets
That's horrible!!! So was it at LTT or in port on a Disney Cruise? LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #443
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That's horrible!!! So was it at LTT or in port on a Disney Cruise? LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
We were at LTT. A stop at Port Canaveral with transportation to the park was actually part of the cruise. The cruise itself left from Galveston. So no way could we go back to the ship in the middle of the day to change.
Jan 2016 - Southern Caribbean on the Wonder
ilovebassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #444
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets

We were at LTT. A stop at Port Canaveral with transportation to the park was actually part of the cruise. The cruise itself left from Galveston. So no way could we go back to the ship in the middle of the day to change.
Oh, ok, that makes sense.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #445
NH Disney Drmr
Earning My Ears

Took me days to read all these and I have been laughing for days. We leave for Disney in 6 days so it has been a fun past-time.

Our family's most embarrassing moment was last year and happened to my DH. My DH is quite a character with a good sense of humor, but hates being made the center of attention. Well, we went to the Hoop Dee Do Review. He was having a grand time laughing at my father because one of the characters sat in my father' lap (Dad's a minister, and these things don't normally happen to him)....when all of a sudden my DH is spotlighted and the focus moves to him. Well, he turns bright red, puts his head down and is trying to avoid it. The lady comes up to him asks his name and so forth. For the rest of the show he was spot lighted, has to make toot toot sounds for the show, and earned a nickname we all laugh at even now.

Heading back to our cabin at Fort Wilderness, I can't resist teasing him even more and proceed to yell ahead to him that Annie Oakley called and was looking for him. All of a sudden he entire bus is laughing. I had forgotten that it was really late at night and that everyone on the bus had been at the show and knew him well at this point. Needless to say he was several shades red and didn't speak to me till we got back to the cabin.

The kicker is that my DD was using her iphone to record some of the show at the same time that DH was first picked on and GOT IT ALL, but none of us realized it except her. The video has since been sent to my parents and sisters and every so often we watch it and laugh hysterically. Funny, he doesn't seem to watch it often and certainly doesn't laugh as hard as the rest of us.
NH Disney Drmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #446
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

Red face

Mine was also at the HDDR a few years back. We were traveling with a group of friends and we had a large table up front. I got selected to play the angle (AKA The Guy with the Pink Tutu). I brought the house down.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #447
NH Disney Drmr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Don View Post
Mine was also at the HDDR a few years back. We were traveling with a group of friends and we had a large table up front. I got selected to play the angle (AKA The Guy with the Pink Tutu). I brought the house down.

Ha, ha...my DH did make the comment that at least he was the Tutu guy. was surprised how much I enjoyed that show.
NH Disney Drmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #448
pamkass
Mouseketeer

Most embarrassing and the most funniest moment at Disney!

In 1992 I broke my leg in 21 places in Feb. and the cast came off in May.When this happened we already had a Disney Vacation planned for June of 1992, with my husband, my 12 year old DS, my 13 year old DN, so I could not cancel due to my leg. We went to Typhoon Lagoon, so I went to sit in the wave pool, so everyone else could go have fun in the park. Before I sat down on the edge , an area that looks like a sandbar, but it is concrete. Before I sat down, I asked one of the lifeguards, how strong the waves were, because one I sat down, I would have problems getting up without my crutches, the lifeguard said the waves would not be a problem, so I sat on the sandbar, and the waves started! They were so strong I was sliding on my butt, and the only way for me is to roll over and get on my knees, but I cant since the waves keep coming. I look like a fish out of water flopping around on the concrete sandbar. It had to look funny to anyone that was watching. but it was not funny to me. Also the bottom of my bathing suit got really thin, real fast.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #449
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkass View Post
In 1992 I broke my leg in 21 places in Feb. and the cast came off in May.When this happened we already had a Disney Vacation planned for June of 1992, with my husband, my 12 year old DS, my 13 year old DN, so I could not cancel due to my leg. We went to Typhoon Lagoon, so I went to sit in the wave pool, so everyone else could go have fun in the park. Before I sat down on the edge , an area that looks like a sandbar, but it is concrete. Before I sat down, I asked one of the lifeguards, how strong the waves were, because one I sat down, I would have problems getting up without my crutches, the lifeguard said the waves would not be a problem, so I sat on the sandbar, and the waves started! They were so strong I was sliding on my butt, and the only way for me is to roll over and get on my knees, but I cant since the waves keep coming. I look like a fish out of water flopping around on the concrete sandbar. It had to look funny to anyone that was watching. but it was not funny to me. Also the bottom of my bathing suit got really thin, real fast.
Oh my, that is a break! I am hoping you healed fine and no lingering problems!
2010 POP
2013 CBR
2015 CBR
Overexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #450
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

I was hoping not to have one from our recent trip, but unfortunately, I do. I fell down, not once but TWICE in front of crowds of people.

The first time was at our resort, it was raining and we were hurrying back to our room after lunch and I was wearing my old worn out flip flops, which apparently are very slippery on the bottom when wet. My feet went in opposite directions and I ended up sprawled out half on the walkway half on the grass. I ended up skinning my knee and twisting my ankle. I was so worried that a cm had seen and would come running, that I hurried my family away and limped back to the room, with nothing on my feet. Thankfully resting for an hour helped my ankle, so I didn't spend my days limping around the parks.

The next day we were at HS, I was looking at the map and walking down some stairs, and I misjudged and missed the last step, and crumpled to the ground. I was literally there one second and gone the next. My husband and three kids burst out laughing, and I had several onlookers exclaim at my fall, but again, I got up quickly and hurried away to avoid anyone talking to me in my extreme embarrassment. I had all but forgotten the moment in my fun, until a couple hours later heading to another flight of stairs, my six year old takes my hand and very seriously and very concerned says "be careful on the stairs Mom" to which my seven year old replies with "it's alright, she's not looking at a map"
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: