Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #271
fourkicks
Earning My Ears

All of these bird stories reminded me of another one!

I was about 12 or 13. My family and I had just sat down at a picnic table under a tree at Typhoon Lagoon to eat lunch. I just had a big order of fries I was about to dig into when I heard some chirping. There was a large bird directly above me in the tree, so I said to my family, "I'm going to scoot over before this bird poops in my food! Haha!" like that would ever happen, right? Well, I scooted about a foot and a half down the seat, and the bird followed me. As soon as it settled in its new spot, it let a big one go right into my fries. It looked like ranch dressing.

A bird also pooped into my ice cream when I was walking through Cedar Point once. Apparently word is out in the avian community to target my food!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #272
Welcome Home
Note to self: Disney magic is a given but everyday joy is a choice.

My then 3 year old DS got scared meeting Goofy. He tried to hide behind my elastic waist skirt. He managed to somehow pull the enter skirt to the ground in front of the Photopass photographer and a long line of people.
Welcome Home is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #273
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome Home View Post
My then 3 year old DS got scared meeting Goofy. He tried to hide behind my elastic waist skirt. He managed to somehow pull the enter skirt to the ground in front of the Photopass photographer and a long line of people.
Omg!!! Hopefully you weren't wearing a thong or underwear with holes!!! Jk! Lol

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #274
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Surpassed that 40k mark! Thinking more and more about turning this into a book.
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #275
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

We just got back from a trip that included Universal and these happened at Universal. We were in line waiting for the boat to take us back to the resort. A little girl next to me was very very whiny. Well her dad picked her up and I hear her cough and I shoved my wheelchair into forward. At that moment she pukes up everything I think she has eaten in three days all over her father, the ground AND the lady next to my dh who had moved up into the spot I had been in. I was never so glad I moved. I did feel bad for the little girl. It was blistering hot and I think she was suffering heat exhaustion.

Second one was we were having dinner at a restaurant at our hotel. Well they served the bread and the butter. Only problem was the butter was frozen solid. I mean it clinked when you tapped it on the plate. It was impossible to spread. Well the kids, dh, and I were very very quietly joking around about it. All of a sudden the head waiter walks over with a plate of melting butter and says "Here this should be better than the frozen butter". We cannot figure out how the heck they heard what we were saying. I swear I think our table was bugged because we were exceedingly quiet about it. What was funnier is my ds wanted to comment about something that had to do with the food after this and he TEXTED me from across the table.
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #276
karriealex

I have one that happened at Disney. I have a walking disability and this year I was forced to use my electric wheelchair to get around. Well I am still not really good with the controls yet. We were leaving to go to a park and dh opened the door. I move forward at a little too fast a clip. Poor dh could not get his foot out of the way fast enough and I ran right over it. He howls grabs his foot and lets go of the door, which slams into me and the chair trapping me in-between the door and the door frame. I am trying to make sure my dh is okay and calling for my kids to grab the door and untrap me. These would be the same kids who were just about rolling all over the floor laughing at this point. Poor dh limped for about an hour after that and was paranoid the whole rest of the trip every time we went out a door. LOL
Old 08-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #277
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex
I have one that happened at Disney. I have a walking disability and this year I was forced to use my electric wheelchair to get around. Well I am still not really good with the controls yet. We were leaving to go to a park and dh opened the door. I move forward at a little too fast a clip. Poor dh could not get his foot out of the way fast enough and I ran right over it. He howls grabs his foot and lets go of the door, which slams into me and the chair trapping me in-between the door and the door frame. I am trying to make sure my dh is okay and calling for my kids to grab the door and untrap me. These would be the same kids who were just about rolling all over the floor laughing at this point. Poor dh limped for about an hour after that and was paranoid the whole rest of the trip every time we went out a door. LOL
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #278
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
I'm so sorry....but my daughter and I had a good laugh with your story. Hope your DH's foot was OK the rest of the vacation.

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #279
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
These are the kind of memories that are not on a touring plan!!!! They sort-of just happen and it is great that you can look back on it, have a chuckle, and then share it later with all of us on the disBoards.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #280
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Second one was we were having dinner at a restaurant at our hotel. Well they served the bread and the butter. Only problem was the butter was frozen solid. I mean it clinked when you tapped it on the plate. It was impossible to spread. Well the kids, dh, and I were very very quietly joking around about it. All of a sudden the head waiter walks over with a plate of melting butter and says "Here this should be better than the frozen butter". We cannot figure out how the heck they heard what we were saying. I swear I think our table was bugged because we were exceedingly quiet about it. What was funnier is my ds wanted to comment about something that had to do with the food after this and he TEXTED me from across the table.
That is what makes it so magical....they seem to just know everything. I picture a guy sitting in a room full of monitors and suddenly up comes a picture of a family tapping their butter and it makes a clinking noise.... out goes the alert about the butter.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #281
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Too funny!! There was a " bug" in the butter it was t frozen! That or you were on Candid Camera!! Lol

Hey at least your hubby yelped my Disney loving husband would have yelled some words that would make Minnie blush! Lol. He works with construction workers so...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #282
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

If we're sharing "other parks" moments we had a cracker at SeaWorld. We were riding Journey to Atlantis - there was a HUGE Brazilian tour group in front of us, behind us & on top of us. There were just everywhere, in their defense they were not a problem at all & we queued next to the group "leader" who was an incredibly funny guy when we were talking to him. Because of the Brazilians josling for boats the 4 of us ended up in our own boat.

My Dad went to board first & was getting into row 3, he reached to steady himself to get in by grabbing the handrail in the boat but instead grabbed the lap bar which, you guessed it, immediately dropped. Sensing himself in trouble he grabbed for the back of the chair & actually grabbed the lap bar of the row behind which immediately dropped.

So with nothing to support him he fell face first into the boat with the 3 of us just standing doubled over in laughter. The attendant helped him up & was laughing herself. We were laughing so hard we were told off by her for taking so long to board the boat. We eventually did & turned to the dock to see all of the Brazilian tour group laughing at the show.

He escaped with just some bruising & I actually emailed SeaWorld to ask if they keep CCTV footage but heard nothing back, they probably just assumed I was a weirdo.

Disney's All-Star Sports / Disney Dream Cruise / Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - April 2015
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991
MarkF0wle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #283
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Too funny!! There was a " bug" in the butter it was t frozen! That or you were on Candid Camera!! Lol

Hey at least your hubby yelped my Disney loving husband would have yelled some words that would make Minnie blush! Lol. He works with construction workers so...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
There were a few non-Disney words spoken. Thankfully they were under his breath and not yelled LOL!

He was fine about an hour after it happened but he did sort of this little Flamenco dance sort of dealie when he opened the door for me from then on so that I couldn't run over his feet. LOL
Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #284
annie170
Mouseketeer

We are a family of five. Many of the rides leave one person riding alone or with a stranger. I'm friendly and a good sport, so I usually volunteer to be that person.

While getting onto Expedition Everest, I lost my footing and fell on top of a very attractive young man that would be sitting beside me. My husband, kids and people standing nearby all had a good laugh at my expense. Needless to say, it was a very awkward ride from that point.
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #285
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
We are a family of five. Many of the rides leave one person riding alone or with a stranger. I'm friendly and a good sport, so I usually volunteer to be that person.

While getting onto Expedition Everest, I lost my footing and fell on top of a very attractive young man that would be sitting beside me. My husband, kids and people standing nearby all had a good laugh at my expense. Needless to say, it was a very awkward ride from that point.
Sounds like something I would do!
2010 POP
2013 CBR
2015 CBR
Overexcited is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: