Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #211
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Glad everyone's enjoying the story! You know it's gonna be a good one when your DH runs into the roof and professes, 'if security asks I was here the whole time.'

Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #212
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

We were walking through AK and I handed my photo pass card to the photo pass guy with the camera....and he looked at me weird....and my husband said, that's NOT a photo pass guy! Oops!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #213
Gamegrl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
Our first trip to WDW we went to the Magic Kingdom as our first park. We had walked a little ways in the park and all of a sudden I heard some woman scream 'OMG, it's Gepetto....Debbie, it's Gepetto!' Then I realized the screamer was me. Apparently I was really excited to be at Disney. I was 60 at the time.
Thanks for this. It's great we can all laugh at ourselves. Wish my family would get on these boards and see there are thousands of people who just pee their pants about Disney (in a PP's story...literally! - the sundress one). I had an embarrassing moment the other night and we haven't even got to the World yet. Family was all together and playing a board game. My bro-in-law pulled a card that said he had to do an imitation of someone in the room. I was shaking my head internally and thinking to myself "He's going to pick me...he's going to pick me" and sure enough he jumps up and down and shrieks in a girly voice "176 days until Disney World!" and everyone knew immediately it was me because I've been counting since 500.

Obviously he couldn't imitate his pregnant wife without ending up in the doghouse! Oh well, in 5 1/2 months I'll just be texting him with things like "We're just getting on Space Mountain" and sending him photos of me eating Dole Floats and meeting princesses, har har.
Gamegrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #214
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Two more that aren't too bad...

When ds was about 7, he swallowed a big mouth full of pool water an started gagging. I tossed him out of the pool just in time for him to barf on the ground next to the pool. They poured the powder on it. Right after that, my sister came down to the pool. "Watch out for the-" She stepped right in it barefoot. She said at least it wasn't a stranger's barf.
Last trip, a little 8 year old boy was chatting with me while I waited for dh to get my Dole Whip. His mom was in line as well, and the line was long, so we chatted for quite some time. When his mom came over to get him, he wanted to exchange numbers so we could meet up later in our trip. What a cutie! Just a little awkward!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #215
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happitoo View Post
Yay! My first post on the Disboards !

Short version of my story: I fainted on It's a Small World

Precursor to the longer version: My doctor isn't a jerk (like he'd come off if I didn't say this) it's just the way we talk to each other

Long version:

So it was really hot out. It's a Small World had no line so myself and the person I was with blasted through the queue and into a boat. Not sure what happened, but going into the first bit of the ride I blacked out. Came to near the end. Since it was just me and the person I was with (who was oblivious) nobody noticed.

It could have been the heat outside, and the quick switch to the freezing cold that is It's a Small world. I may have been a bit dehydrated. Whatever it was I lost consciousness.

Wanting to make sure I'm not dying (I did faint on Small World after all) I decide to go see my doctor when I get home after my trip, which leads to:

Doctor: Why are you here?
Me: I fainted on It's a Small World
Doctor: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry, that's completely unprofessional... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

Doctor: Hold on, I've got a medical student here from Germany. Do you mind if she comes in?
Me: Sure thing
Doctor: Ok... tell her the story
*I tell story*
Doctor (to med student): Do you know what it's a small world is?
Med Student: Nope

*Doctor proceeds to use his doctor's stool to pantomime riding It's a Small World across the office singing the song while swinging side to side doing jazz hands to mimic the characters*

*Doctor points at me*
Doctor: And this idiot fainted on it!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And in text that story makes my doctor sound like a jerk, but it was actually pretty hilarious. To give context to our usual conversations, last time I went in for a throat infection:

*doctor comes in and shakes my hand*
Me: You might not have wanted to do that, my hand is covered in germs
Him: You might not have wanted to do that. You don't know how many butts my fingers have been in today... three... it was three.
Welcome and thanks for sharing! That is one extremely informal doctor... But I would have done the same thing
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #216
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Closing in on 30,000 views in a couple weeks is incredible folks!

Thanks for helping this thread take over the DIS one post at time

Let's keep the stories coming, and the laughter going

I'm honestly getting the notion of creating a "Post Secret" type book out of this concept (all anonymous of course). Any thoughts? I think this is another fun way to experience the World, alongside the trivia/hidden Mickey's/ etc.
"Look mom, that's where the Holiday Armadillo appeared!" Or "Dad, are these the steps that poor person fell down?"

WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #217
radetoan
Earning My Ears

I am really enjoying this thread!

Here's my story:

My DH rented a white mini van and took the whole family to DTD for an evening of fun. This was my family of 4, my sister, her husband and child, and my dad. We had a great time walking around and doing some shopping. When it came time to leave, my DH could not remember where he parked the car so everyone split up and searched the parking lot. We eventually found the car and my DH started to put all of our purchases and belongings into it. Meanwhile, the rest of us are just staring at him. He turned around and asked why nobody was getting into the car. We all pointed to another white mini van parked two spots over and asked why he was putting all of our stuff into the wrong car. What are the odds of finding an identical car with the doors unlocked? Needless to say, he has never lived that one down!
radetoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #218
new girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happitoo View Post
Yay! My first post on the Disboards !

Short version of my story: I fainted on It's a Small World

Precursor to the longer version: My doctor isn't a jerk (like he'd come off if I didn't say this) it's just the way we talk to each other

Long version:

So it was really hot out. It's a Small World had no line so myself and the person I was with blasted through the queue and into a boat. Not sure what happened, but going into the first bit of the ride I blacked out. Came to near the end. Since it was just me and the person I was with (who was oblivious) nobody noticed.

It could have been the heat outside, and the quick switch to the freezing cold that is It's a Small world. I may have been a bit dehydrated. Whatever it was I lost consciousness.

Wanting to make sure I'm not dying (I did faint on Small World after all) I decide to go see my doctor when I get home after my trip, which leads to:

Doctor: Why are you here?
Me: I fainted on It's a Small World
Doctor: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry, that's completely unprofessional... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

Doctor: Hold on, I've got a medical student here from Germany. Do you mind if she comes in?
Me: Sure thing
Doctor: Ok... tell her the story
*I tell story*
Doctor (to med student): Do you know what it's a small world is?
Med Student: Nope

*Doctor proceeds to use his doctor's stool to pantomime riding It's a Small World across the office singing the song while swinging side to side doing jazz hands to mimic the characters*

*Doctor points at me*
Doctor: And this idiot fainted on it!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And in text that story makes my doctor sound like a jerk, but it was actually pretty hilarious. To give context to our usual conversations, last time I went in for a throat infection:

*doctor comes in and shakes my hand*
Me: You might not have wanted to do that, my hand is covered in germs
Him: You might not have wanted to do that. You don't know how many butts my fingers have been in today... three... it was three.
That's funny stuff! Love your doc...he has quite a sense of humor!
new girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #219
kim532
DIS Veteran

I don't know if embarrassing or just gross.

My son's first trip. He was almost 3. We were at HS and I decide to take my son back to the hotel by myself so DH could have some fun.

I was a relatively new parent (DS is adopted and hadn't been home long) and I hadn't learned all my managing my stuff and my child skills yet. SO I let DS buy a sucker on the way out so that he could be entertained on the bus ride back to the hotel.

Getting on the bus was a challenge for us. In the commotion of it all DS dropped the sucker on that nasty bus floor. You guessed it. It was in his mouth again before I had a chance to react. A mom looked at me stunned that I let that happen. I told her that the germs were in the mouth already. I wasn't going to make him cry by taking it away. She continued giving me a look like I should be concerned that child protective services was going to show up at the hotel.

Kim

AKV Owner! (me) (DH - Ryan) (DS - Evan 7) (DS - Joel 6)
kim532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #220
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Glad everyone's enjoying the story! You know it's gonna be a good one when your DH runs into the roof and professes, 'if security asks I was here the whole time.'

It's the story that just keeps on giving!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #221
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post

I have to say that I remember this episode (HUGE Friend's fan!) and about died the first time I read this. I can just see this happening! Wow!
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #222
cynzilla
Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adventure!

Talking Hansel And Grettle of Splash Mountain

My Family and I have tons of these...here's a sample...

...about two years ago I had suffered a bout of kidney stones. After the passing of a stone, sometimes my bladder goes into spasms for a few days. Well, I was having spasms at Disney so I bought for the FIRST TIME those adult diapers to wear to be on the safe side incase I had a bladder spasm in the park and couldn't get to the bathroom quick enough.

I went on Splash Mountain with my daughter in the first row my hubby behind me in second. We got drenched, in the first seats, I mean doused! I was helped up out of the seat from the ride, sopping wet from head to toe and my husband exclaims "Uh, Hun, what's wrong with your butt??". I didn't know but as I got wet and was sitting in the puddle which was once the seat, the adult diaper absorbed all the water and expanded, triple in size! I was mortified, yes, however the mortification continued because when I was helped to my scooter and sat down, the water then all squished out of the diaper, looking like I opened up the floodgates on my feet and the scooter. I just hung my head and wheeled out of there in shame. All the while my husband and daughter laughing and skipping, arm in arm, behind me, saying they would follow the river I was leaving on the ground like Hansel and Grettle of Splash Mountain!
cynzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #223
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Not my most embarrassing moment at WDW, but one of my DD27's (IMO). She, her BF and I were at DHS. I use a scooter and we went to RNRC. Looked like rain, so we parked the scooter and draped it with 2-3 cheap ponchos. DD got a wheelchair for me and we did the ride. When we came out, the sky was black and it was pouring. Next on our ride list was ToT, next door. We decided to keep the scooter at RNRC since it was buttoned up against the rain. So DD was pushing me in the same WC over to ToT. It's downhill from RNRC to ToT and the pavement had become a river. Everything was going along nicely until I began going incredibly fast down the hill. I turn my head and DD isn't behind the WC anymore. Her sandal had slipped off in the rain so she went back for it. Guess she momentarily forgot about poor ole' mom in the WC. It was all I could do to grab at the brakes and wheels and get myself stopped. "Oops," she said.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #224
Curoly06
Mouseketeer

These are all great!

My moment was back in 8th grade. Our 8th grade trip was to the Magic Kingdom for a day. My group of friends and I were in line for Haunted Mansion when I realized that I needed to use the bathroom. Not wanting to get out of line, I decided I would wait until the ride was over. Thankfully one of the other girls in our group (the loudmouth) proclaimed that she needed to go to the bathroom asap and was getting out of line. I offered to go with her and suggested we could ride HM together afterwards. We went to the bathroom and on our way back to HM we passed an ice cream cart. She announced that she MUST have an ice cream immediately. So, we stopped so she could buy a Mickey bar.
When we got back to HM she looks through the line and spots our friends up by the doors. "They're NEXT" she shouts. Everyone in the line has heard her including our friends who look like they're pretending not to know her...or me.
"HEY GUYS!! WE'RE BACK!" She shouts again, waving her free arm. (the other still holding her Mickey bar)
She then proceeds to push her way, melting Mickey bar and all, through the line to get to our friends. I am beyond mortified and am just standing at the end of the line trying to disappear or melt or something. She gets about halfway there and turns to look back at me. "NICOLE! COME ON or we won't make it!" She shouts. Now everyone in line is either looking at me or her and I'm even more embarrassed. I have no idea what to do. I do not want to be that person pushing through other guests in line, but I can't just stand there and refuse after she's made such a scene. So I follow her, right on up to our friends at the door who have accepted me back but we're all now pretending we don't know her. She starts talking (very loudly) about how lucky we are that they hadn't ridden yet and how her ice cream is melting and hot it is and blah blah blah...
The doors open and the CM tells her she can't go in with the ice cream, that she'll have to put it in the trash. This causes another scene with her yelling about how she just bought it and if they will wait, she can finish it before we go in. We end up moving over to the side to let others go on in ahead of us while she finishes her Mickey bar. She finishes just in time for the doors to close again.
This caused her to get upset and once again we (and all the other people in line around us) had to listen to her rant about how they could have waited for her to finish her ice cream.
Needless to say, after we got off HM, our group split up...none of us wanted to be seen in public with her.

*1985*1986*1987*1992*1994*1996*1998*2000*2005*2006*2007*POP 2008*POP 2009*ASMu Feb 2012**ASM Sept 2012*ASMu Sept 2013
Curoly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:44 AM   #225
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
after it was obvious she was laughing, a guy in the crowd shouted out "I hope you're better at cheering than running!"
That's the best part

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: