Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #196
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
On Friday evening the last night before we went home, we got on the bus to go to Epcot for a ADR from POFQ. The bus went to go pick up around POR and a woman and a small boy and girl got on. The woman sat beside me and proceeded to hoist the boy to her shoulder...and out came what ever he had eaten...all over my right shoulder. I jumped up and she just sat there as the boy "finished". The bus driver stopped the bus and cleaned up the mess and asked the woman if she would like to go back to her stop...she said no and that her husband was at Epcot waiting for them.

I just stood there with her son's meal all over my shoulder. All eyes went from me to her and back. She NEVER said a single word to me.

When the bus got to Epcot, I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up, but still you could see the stain and....
People who saw me later who were on the bus......."Hey your the one who got barfed on"..... I was NOT amused.
She wasn't mortified?!? I would have been soooo sorry and embarrassed my kid did that. I know kids can't help it but omg! My dd has thrown up on me and that's bad enough sheesh. Sorry this woman was so rude
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #197
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
She wasn't mortified?!? I would have been soooo sorry and embarrassed my kid did that. I know kids can't help it but omg! My dd has thrown up on me and that's bad enough sheesh. Sorry this woman was so rude
Nope, she stood there like nothing happened. I somehow was more embarrassed than her. I guess since I was wearing the evidence.
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #198
toodycat
DIS Veteran

My blouse once popped a very significant button at Epcot and I spent the rest of the day in a black and hot pink T shirt illustrated with skateboarding Mickeys because it was the fastest shirt I could buy.

Other than that, I can't think of a most embarrassing moment, but I am oblivious a lot of time, so it's possible I just missed it.

On our last trip to DHS, We were in what I assume was another guest's most embarrassing moment. (At least I hope so for his sake.) We were seated and waiting for a table at the Sci-Fi dine in. Another family came in and the man was standing with his rear end at about the height of my (seated) son's face. There was not much distance between them. Suddenly, we heard this extremely loud, whoopee cushion worthy passing-of-gas sound. Yes, you guessed it. This guy literally let one go in my son's face. DS was naturally repulsed and sort of backed up and made a face. The perpetrator didn't look too mortified. He said, "sorry" which I guess is all he could do---unless anyone else out there can think of an appropriately penitent gesture for such an action?
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #199
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
On Friday evening the last night before we went home, we got on the bus to go to Epcot for a ADR from POFQ. The bus went to go pick up around POR and a woman and a small boy and girl got on. The woman sat beside me and proceeded to hoist the boy to her shoulder...and out came what ever he had eaten...all over my right shoulder. I jumped up and she just sat there as the boy "finished". The bus driver stopped the bus and cleaned up the mess and asked the woman if she would like to go back to her stop...she said no and that her husband was at Epcot waiting for them.

I just stood there with her son's meal all over my shoulder. All eyes went from me to her and back. She NEVER said a single word to me.

When the bus got to Epcot, I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up, but still you could see the stain and....
People who saw me later who were on the bus......."Hey your the one who got barfed on"..... I was NOT amused.
that's so rude.
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #200
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow, that woman is

Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #201
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone

I'm not sure what's worse...that she didn't apologize or that she made the bus driver clean it rather than offering to either do it herself or at least help...or that she wouldn't even bring the child back and instead moved him on to Epcot...

I'm going with it's a three way tie.....

I'm sorry that happened to you!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #202
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I don't know what it was about the "Holiday Armadillo" story but that one got me laughing the most!!
Me too! I was driving in my car this afternoon when that story popped in my head and I started laughing all over again.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #203
fourkicks
Earning My Ears

A couple years ago, I went on a day trip to MK with a few girlfriends. We had spent the day before on the beach where I proceeded to get completely fried by the sun (I'm crazy pale and from Michigan...oops.). I had woken up to a horrible rash/hives that morning but was determined to do Disney anyway! I popped a Benadryl and headed to the park. We were standing in line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and I was just sort of rubbing up on anything and everything to itch my back, including the line railing/dividers. I don't know if it was the heat or the benadryl, but I just completely fell over randomly into the people behind us. Didn't lose consciousness, just awkwardly lost my balance. I'm sure they thought I was on drugs - which, I guess I was, technically!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #204
AuroraRora
Princess

Second-hand embarrassment here, but when I was at the World in May, I was standing on busy Main St waiting for MSEP when two young teenage cheerleaders came running down the street laughing and shrieking. One of them somehow tripped and managed to epically fly through the air, arms and legs flailing in all directions, and she lost one of her shoes in the process. She landed face down on the ground in the most ungraceful way possible, in front of a massive crowd of people staring on both sides waiting for the parade. To add insult to injury, as soon as she hit the ground, gravity took care of her missing shoe which landed down on top of her. Thankfully she seemed fine when she got up, and after it was obvious she was laughing, a guy in the crowd shouted out "I hope you're better at cheering than running!"
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #205
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkicks
A couple years ago, I went on a day trip to MK with a few girlfriends. We had spent the day before on the beach where I proceeded to get completely fried by the sun (I'm crazy pale and from Michigan...oops.). I had woken up to a horrible rash/hives that morning but was determined to do Disney anyway! I popped a Benadryl and headed to the park. We were standing in line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and I was just sort of rubbing up on anything and everything to itch my back, including the line railing/dividers. I don't know if it was the heat or the benadryl, but I just completely fell over randomly into the people behind us. Didn't lose consciousness, just awkwardly lost my balance. I'm sure they thought I was on drugs - which, I guess I was, technically!
That sounds about like something I would do, lol. Instead of falling into a crowd of people, I fell UP the stairs at the Canada Pavilion....I was completely sober!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #206
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Second-hand embarrassment here, but when I was at the World in May, I was standing on busy Main St waiting for MSEP when two young teenage cheerleaders came running down the street laughing and shrieking. One of them somehow tripped and managed to epically fly through the air, arms and legs flailing in all directions, and she lost one of her shoes in the process. She landed face down on the ground in the most ungraceful way possible, in front of a massive crowd of people staring on both sides waiting for the parade. To add insult to injury, as soon as she hit the ground, gravity took care of her missing shoe which landed down on top of her. Thankfully she seemed fine when she got up, and after it was obvious she was laughing, a guy in the crowd shouted out "I hope you're better at cheering than running!"
There's always one in the crowd , poor thing, like she wasn't embarrassed enough I'm sure!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #207
rachael95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope, she stood there like nothing happened. I somehow was more embarrassed than her. I guess since I was wearing the evidence.
That's when you scrape it off with your hand, and then pat the woman on the back saying, "you poor thing, I hope everything goes better for you today."

*Off Property - August 1999 *AKL - September 2003 *Dolphin - December 2004 *POR - May 2005 *Off Property - October 2005 *Got to visit 1/2 day at Animal Kingdom after a conference in Oct. 2007
rachael95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #208
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael95 View Post

That's when you scrape it off with your hand, and then pat the woman on the back saying, "you poor thing, I hope everything goes better for you today."
Great idea!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #209
Happitoo
Earning My Ears

Yay! My first post on the Disboards !

Short version of my story: I fainted on It's a Small World

Precursor to the longer version: My doctor isn't a jerk (like he'd come off if I didn't say this) it's just the way we talk to each other

Long version:

So it was really hot out. It's a Small World had no line so myself and the person I was with blasted through the queue and into a boat. Not sure what happened, but going into the first bit of the ride I blacked out. Came to near the end. Since it was just me and the person I was with (who was oblivious) nobody noticed.

It could have been the heat outside, and the quick switch to the freezing cold that is It's a Small world. I may have been a bit dehydrated. Whatever it was I lost consciousness.

Wanting to make sure I'm not dying (I did faint on Small World after all) I decide to go see my doctor when I get home after my trip, which leads to:

Doctor: Why are you here?
Me: I fainted on It's a Small World
Doctor: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry, that's completely unprofessional... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

Doctor: Hold on, I've got a medical student here from Germany. Do you mind if she comes in?
Me: Sure thing
Doctor: Ok... tell her the story
*I tell story*
Doctor (to med student): Do you know what it's a small world is?
Med Student: Nope

*Doctor proceeds to use his doctor's stool to pantomime riding It's a Small World across the office singing the song while swinging side to side doing jazz hands to mimic the characters*

*Doctor points at me*
Doctor: And this idiot fainted on it!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And in text that story makes my doctor sound like a jerk, but it was actually pretty hilarious. To give context to our usual conversations, last time I went in for a throat infection:

*doctor comes in and shakes my hand*
Me: You might not have wanted to do that, my hand is covered in germs
Him: You might not have wanted to do that. You don't know how many butts my fingers have been in today... three... it was three.
Happitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #210
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happitoo View Post
Yay! My first post on the Disboards !

Short version of my story: I fainted on It's a Small World

Precursor to the longer version: My doctor isn't a jerk (like he'd come off if I didn't say this) it's just the way we talk to each other

Long version:

So it was really hot out. It's a Small World had no line so myself and the person I was with blasted through the queue and into a boat. Not sure what happened, but going into the first bit of the ride I blacked out. Came to near the end. Since it was just me and the person I was with (who was oblivious) nobody noticed.

It could have been the heat outside, and the quick switch to the freezing cold that is It's a Small world. I may have been a bit dehydrated. Whatever it was I lost consciousness.

Wanting to make sure I'm not dying (I did faint on Small World after all) I decide to go see my doctor when I get home after my trip, which leads to:

Doctor: Why are you here?
Me: I fainted on It's a Small World
Doctor: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry, that's completely unprofessional... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

Doctor: Hold on, I've got a medical student here from Germany. Do you mind if she comes in?
Me: Sure thing
Doctor: Ok... tell her the story
*I tell story*
Doctor (to med student): Do you know what it's a small world is?
Med Student: Nope

*Doctor proceeds to use his doctor's stool to pantomime riding It's a Small World across the office singing the song while swinging side to side doing jazz hands to mimic the characters*

*Doctor points at me*
Doctor: And this idiot fainted on it!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And in text that story makes my doctor sound like a jerk, but it was actually pretty hilarious. To give context to our usual conversations, last time I went in for a throat infection:

*doctor comes in and shakes my hand*
Me: You might not have wanted to do that, my hand is covered in germs
Him: You might not have wanted to do that. You don't know how many butts my fingers have been in today... three... it was three.
We're about 10 people away from getting on Buzz and its down at the moment. So, I was catching up on tilt his thread to pass the time. Thanks for the excellent laugh! Of course, the people standing next to me think I'm a nutcase now - including my family!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: