Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #136
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Last summer DD potty trained herself on her 3rd birthday. She woke up on her birthday and said, "Mommy, I Three. I a big girl. I wear panties."

This was 2 weeks before we went to Disney. She had no accidents in those two weeks. I called Garden Grocer and switched the diapers I had requested to pull ups. I had her wear pull ups on the plane and she was fine, so I started to relax.

Our first day at Magic Kingdom, we got in line for It's a Small World and DD was really misbehaving...whining, crying, etc. I thought it was because she was afraid and didn't remember the ride. (She was afraid of everything that trip.) We make it around the first bend of the ride and DD says, "Mommy I have to go potty." In a RIGHT NOW kind of way. So I say, "Just hold it for 1 minute, I have a pull up!!" But she started immediately all over me.

I told the CM's when we got off and they took that boat out of commission.

I had a change of clothes for DD and she was feeling and acting much better, so we continued to lunch and then headed back to the bus for the resort.

After sitting for a minute on the nice, cool bus (August) a fellow passenger sniffed and made a face. After a second, I realized the horrible smell was me!! I had dried so fast after the incident that I really didn't think about it. It was sooo gross!

I took a shower and washed clothes immediately!!

The entire rest of the trip (and even today) whenever IASW or the trip is brought up we all start singing, "It's a Pee Pee World After All!" And DD delights in telling everyone how she peed on me on her favorite ride.

BTW she never had another accident and I am a LOT more aware of making sure she uses the restroom!
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #137
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

I thought of another. We were having dinner at San Angel Inn one night back when my youngest dgd was 3yo. I can't remember if her highchair was just pushed up to the table or if it had a tray but when we sat a plate down on it she totally took that plate, picked it up and tossed it deliberately to the floor. Those floors are tile and that plate shattered loudly when it hit. Everyone in there turned and looked at us. We were mortified. DD took her out of the restaurant and the rest of us shoveled our food down and got out of there.

It's a running joke with here now. She's 9yo and we always kid her and tell her she's banned from Mexico in WS. We tell her they have her pic up in the employee areas. And when she enters the park with her ticket an alarm goes off in Mexico to alert them that she's there.

We have an ADR there on October 8th and I'm going to try to talk to them before we're seated to see if they will play along and have the manager come to our table and say something like "hey aren't you Haley?" Lol
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #138
rachael95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
On our first trip at All Star Movies we came upon an armadillo. Our natural reaction (as anyone's would be) was to run around during the week, randomly chanting 'it's the Holiday Armadillo!' (Friends tv show reference). A few days into the trip we were getting back to the resort. My husband dropped us off and went to go park. As he was coming up to the building he saw the elevator closing and caught a glimpse of us. Being the oh so hilarious chap he is, my husband ran up the stairs and waited in front of the elevator. The moment the doors opened he did his variation of jazz hands and yelled 'IT'S THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!!'

Sadly for him, we were already on our room. The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children in a mixture of fear and defense. Mortified, my husband just sprinted back to our room. We never did see that family again...
I was reading this at work and I started laughing and crying so hard and trying to read this to my co-worker, but this was hilarious. I can just see members of my family doing this.

*Off Property - August 1999 *AKL - September 2003 *Dolphin - December 2004 *POR - May 2005 *Off Property - October 2005 *Got to visit 1/2 day at Animal Kingdom after a conference in Oct. 2007
rachael95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #139
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
I thought of another. We were having dinner at San Angel Inn one night back when my youngest dgd was 3yo. I can't remember if her highchair was just pushed up to the table or if it had a tray but when we sat a plate down on it she totally took that plate, picked it up and tossed it deliberately to the floor. Those floors are tile and that plate shattered loudly when it hit. Everyone in there turned and looked at us. We were mortified. DD took her out of the restaurant and the rest of us shoveled our food down and got out of there.

It's a running joke with here now. She's 9yo and we always kid her and tell her she's banned from Mexico in WS. We tell her they have her pic up in the employee areas. And when she enters the park with her ticket an alarm goes off in Mexico to alert them that she's there.

We have an ADR there on October 8th and I'm going to try to talk to them before we're seated to see if they will play along and have the manager come to our table and say something like "hey aren't you Haley?" Lol
LOL "banned from Mexico in WS". you'll have to follow up to see if they do anything. We love that place and have a couple ADRs coming up there too.
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #140
MinnieDaisy
Minnie Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
The moment the doors opened he did his variation of jazz hands and yelled 'IT'S THE HOLIDAY ARMADILLO!!!'

Sadly for him, we were already on our room. The poor father he had just accosted grabbed his young children in a mixture of fear and defense. Mortified, my husband just sprinted back to our room. We never did see that family again...
This is the best thing I've ever read on the Dis Boards, I'm sure of it. That is *so* something my husband and I would have done, and we totally would have had the wrong elevator, too. We're going for Christmas this year --- I promise to randomly accost someone with a holiday armadillo greeting (no promises on the costume).
MinnieDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #141
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Crawl View Post

LOL "banned from Mexico in WS". you'll have to follow up to see if they do anything. We love that place and have a couple ADRs coming up there too.
Will do
Old 07-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #142
WDW Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDaisy View Post
This is the best thing I've ever read on the Dis Boards, I'm sure of it. That is *so* something my husband and I would have done, and we totally would have had the wrong elevator, too. We're going for Christmas this year --- I promise to randomly accost someone with a holiday armadillo greeting (no promises on the costume).
Haha that could be a new Secret Disney Greeting!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #143
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDaisy View Post

That's be hilarious. Dont forget to add in the jazz hands! We always look for armadillos now!

On our last night we said 'goodbye Holiday Armadillo' as we were walking back to the room and a man behind us chuckled and said 'great show.' Totally gave that guy a mental fist bump.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #144
WDW Crawl

Not exactly embarrassing for me, however.... Having been picked for the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor twice now to dance for everyone, which I will happily do, I have found that it is a funny way to oddly enough be recognized throughout the day. Even walking back to my room at the AKL I was stopped by a guy that asked if it was me he saw dancing earlier, and told me that his kid loved it and said thanks and good job lol.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #145
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

I have two funny stories and one magical one.

We went to Disney on our honeymoon 30 years ago. Dh and I got off the monorail and were walking across the platform. I slipped my arm around dh's waist and said " I really love you" Problem was it wasn't my dh!

Second one was in Epcot in front of Rose and Crown. We were waiting on our ADR when the weather got bad. I was standing in the middle of the kinda roadway there when the biggest flash of lightening and crack of thunder hit. I shrieked and literally jumped from the middle of the road to in front of the podium in one move. My family was laughing so hard they couldn't breathe

The magical one was when we renewed our vows on our 20th anniversary. We had renewed at Leu Gardens and came back to the Poly in a Limo. We got out and entered the GCH to go to Ohana for our after renewal reception. I had my gown and my tiara on and as I walked through the lobby a little girl stopped, looked up, at me, tugged on her mom's shirt, and said " Look mommy it's one of the Princesses!"

Last edited by karriealex; 07-27-2013 at 07:31 AM.
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #146
karriealex

I have another one. When my eldest was little he had bladder issues. It got to the point that we knew where every bathroom was in every park except Hollywood Studio's. Well you can guess what happened. We were with friends this trip and on a limited budget. We ran into one of the shops to get him something to wear as we were staying offsite at that time and didn't want to go all the way back to the hotel. I searched and searched for something we could afford and finally found something on the sale rack. I quickly bought it, ran ds to the bathroom, and changed him. About ten minutes later my friend leans over to me and says " Is there any particular reason Ryan is wearing pajamas in the park. What I thought in haste was a short set was actually a short pajama set when you really looked at it. Luckily ds was small enough we could get away with it.

Last edited by karriealex; 07-27-2013 at 10:04 AM.
karriealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #147
karriealex

Oh and the best one. I am terrified of heights even perceived ones. Well we get onto Peter Pan's Magic Flight and I am perfectly fine until the part where it appears that you are flying over England. Mind you we are actually only 6 feet off the ground. I immediately start to freak and cry that I want to get off the ride NOW. Between peals of laughter dh is trying with no luck to calm me down and the kids are laughing hysterically and I actually hear the people behind us giggling. The ride finally ends and I make haste to the exit with dh, my two ds's and a couple of other people all laughing behind me. Dh walks up to me and says " Do you realize you have to be the only adult that has ever totally freaked out on a Fantasyland ride??" and starts laughing again. That comment garnered him a swift heart thump from me. LOL
Old 07-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #148
WDW Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
Oh and the best one. I am terrified of heights even perceived ones. Well we get onto Peter Pan's Magic Flight and I am perfectly fine until the part where it appears that you are flying over England. Mind you we are actually only 6 feet off the ground. I immediately start to freak and cry that I want to get off the ride NOW. Between peals of laughter dh is trying with no luck to calm me down and the kids are laughing hysterically and I actually hear the people behind us giggling. The ride finally ends and I make haste to the exit with dh, my two ds's and a couple of other people all laughing behind me. Dh walks up to me and says " Do you realize you have to be the only adult that has ever totally freaked out on a Fantasyland ride??" and starts laughing again. That comment garnered him a swift heart thump from me. LOL
Don't go on E.T. You will

Last edited by WDW Crawl; 07-27-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #149
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Oh that Peter Pan story reminds me of this:

DH and I went with another couple, our best friends, and it was the first time at WDW for her. She'd been to DL a few times (used to live in LA) but this was her first ride on Peter Pan. Now, she's a HUGE Tink fan and was really excited about the whole experience until she notices there's no track up ahead. She's in the boat behind DH and I and we hear:

"Where's the track? What happened to the track? We're gonna fall!!"

Her husband is trying to distract her with the little Tink that's just about eye level in that first room, but she's working herself up into panic mode. Just as you switch to the overhead track, she gives a little squeal. Every once in while through the entire ride we still hear "But where's the Track?"

We turn around after getting off the boat and her DH is trying very hard not to laugh hysterically as she FINALLY lets his arm go, safe at last.

She did finally see that Tink when they rode PP again, later that trip.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #150
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

This is my BEYOND embarrassing story. I was at DD with DH shopping at the Christmas store. Suddenly I did not feel well and did the "wide eyes" to my hubby to signal the rumbly in my tumbly was not from hunger. I made a mad dash to the restrooms beside the writer's shop. This restroom only has 2 maybe 3 stalls. I barely made it in time. Finished my business and went to flush. To my horror the water started to come up. I'm thinking NO NO NO!!!! I didn't know what to do but get the heck out of dodge. I opened the stall to see a HUGE line of women waiting for the facilities as "water" started to flood the bathroom. I ran out and grabbed DH yelling "we got to go!!!" Shuffling and hanging my head in shame we left.
Terpgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: