Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #631
darbry
Mouseketeer

Me four!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #632
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debijmk View Post
I've been getting email notifications all along when the previous few months have opened but did not get any when November opened. I am anxiously awaiting December to open and not receiving the notifications has greatly increased my stress level.
What I have found is that if I don't click on the notifications then after two notices I don't get any more. So you may want to click on the notifications to go to the thread each time so that the system knows that you're still interested. On most other websites were I have email notification it continues to send whether I still want the notices months later or not, lol....but disboards seems to be considerate and stop them if you don't show some interest after a couple.

I was able to get my first choice date for November and am hoping to snag one for December as well, so I've been clicking every notice that comes in, lol.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #633
Mouseketeer

I was able to book this for my family of four (2 A, 2C), thanks to you all here alerting everyone when the time came. I booked on an IPAD, which at the time, only allowed me to book for two people at a time. I did get 2 reservations for two ppl each at 8pm. I have since figured out how to book for 4 people on the IPAD. The times available now are at 8:30. Should I keep what I have or cancel and book for 4 together?
I hope this makes sense?

Edit called and had reservation switched to one party of four. Was given later time, but at least now I know we'll be at the same table!

Last edited by 120304; 09-03-2013 at 07:52 AM.
120304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #634
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120304 View Post
I was able to book this for my family of four (2 A, 2C), thanks to you all here alerting everyone when the time came. I booked on an IPAD, which at the time, only allowed me to book for two people at a time. I did get 2 reservations for two ppl each at 8pm. I have since figured out how to book for 4 people on the IPAD. The times available now are at 8:30. Should I keep what I have or cancel and book for 4 together?
I hope this makes sense?
Did you try to call to modify the first reservation?
lizaisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #635
theparsons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope this makes sense?
Since they assign seating I would either call and try to get the reservations connected, or rebook for 4 so that they put you all at the same table!

My understanding on the times is that it is more about crowd control than actual required arrival time....you can enter anytime beginning one hour before the fireworks start. Since your table is already assigned there is no need to rush or wait in line early, but by spacing the times they don't have a long line when they first open. I haven't read about folks with "later" starting times being denied entry until their reservation time, so in your case opting for the 8:30 time to ensure you're all at the same table won't change anything.
theparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #636
Mouseketeer

I tried calling the night I booked online and was told there was no availability for 4 at all. Didn't realize when booking that the iPad would only allow for 2 when booking unless done a certain way. I'll call again and ask if they can link them or switch.
Thank you!
120304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #637
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I tried calling the night I booked online and was told there was no availability for 4 at all. Didn't realize when booking that the iPad would only allow for 2 when booking unless done a certain way. I'll call again and ask if they can link them or switch.
Thank you!
Which way need to be done to book for more than 2 in the IPad? I will like to do a reservation for 5 for December when available. Thanks
Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #638
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
Which way need to be done to book for more than 2 in the IPad? I will like to do a reservation for 5 for December when available. Thanks
I know if you go thru the regular Dining page and have your party size entered then search by date and scroll down to Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party you should have no problem on the iPad, it seems to only be stuck on two if you do the search for the party and try to book that way

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #639
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

I know if you go thru the regular Dining page and have your party size entered then search by date and scroll down to Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party you should have no problem on the iPad, it seems to only be stuck on two if you do the search for the party and try to book that way
Thanks!! Good to know.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #640
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
No problems with size of your party if you book on a computer.
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #641
sara7823
Earning My Ears

I have been trying to figure out how to get notifications through the app. I went into my IPhones settings and turned the notifications on for the disboards app, but am not getting any. I have subscribed and the email notifications are coming through. I am not very familiar with apps since I just recently upgraded my old phone to this smartphone. Can anyone help me please?

Last edited by sara7823; 09-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.
sara7823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #642
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Well I just subscribed to this thread and will now be anxiously awaiting the opening of the December dates. I will be trying for either the night of our MVMCP, or for the last night of our trip. It would be nice to have such a great view for the party night. However, the last night of our trip is when the Christmas crowds roll in and the overall crowd predictions are a "10". I don't know if I want to avoid the park all together, or plan for the party so we have somewhere nice and uncrowded to sit and enjoy. Getting out of the park would still be a nightmare though. I will have to see what I can get.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #643
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Well I just subscribed to this thread and will now be anxiously awaiting the opening of the December dates. I will be trying for either the night of our MVMCP, or for the last night of our trip. It would be nice to have such a great view for the party night. However, the last night of our trip is when the Christmas crowds roll in and the overall crowd predictions are a "10". I don't know if I want to avoid the park all together, or plan for the party so we have somewhere nice and uncrowded to sit and enjoy. Getting out of the park would still be a nightmare though. I will have to see what I can get.
We have the exact same plan & way of thinking!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #644
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincystamper

Me three!
US too

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Tinkerbellcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #645
CindyPaigeDesi
Earning My Ears

Subscribing!

Waiting for December!
CindyPaigeDesi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: