Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #586
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
He's from NJ originally and when I mentioned you were from Maryland he said "ask her to bring us crabcakes. They have the best.!" LOL

We're at CSR 11/16-11/23.
I am the only person I know who doesn't like crab cakes! I am afraid they would spoil before I could get them to you!
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #587
jbrest
Earning My Ears

I've been stalking this message board for a while, and today, it paid off! We got a reservation on 11/12 at 8:15 PM!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #588
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Got a ressie for my birthday on Nov 20th!! It's going to be a great bday

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #589
Bren95
Earning My Ears

Got both the dates I wanted for the Dessert Party. Nov 2nd, night we arrive, and Nov 8th during MVMCP.. so exited!! Party of 2 for both

Last edited by Bren95; 08-29-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Bren95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #590
sherryw728
Earning My Ears

Is anyone else having trouble booking the party on an evening when there is MVMCP? I have been trying to book Nov. 22nd all day and it keeps telling there are no times available. I actually tried every day in November that has MVMCP and on each of those dates, it said there was no availability even though I see that some of you have been able to book these dates. I also tried calling and was first told by the CM that November had not been loaded yet. When I told her that I knew people had been able to book it today, she spent a while looking into it and then told me they had only loaded it through Nov. 12th and to call back next week.
sherryw728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #591
plumeriainseattle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren95 View Post
Got both the dates I wanted for the Dessert Party. Nov 2nd, night we arrive, and Nov 8th during MVMCP.. so exited!! Party of 2 for both
Hey! We will be there on the 8th as well! Yippee. My family is so excited for this. I told my cousin we scored this reservation and this is what she said:

"Now we get to be the VIPs! Last time we were at MK, they had Tomorrowland Terrance roped off before the fireworks and I was jealous of them."

So, I told her, people get to be jealous of us this time! We decided not to do the MVMCP, since we are doing a cruise a couple days later. So, this is one of our special treats for our WDW time!
plumeriainseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #592
Bren95
Earning My Ears

Confused... I had booked the dessert party for two different evenings of our trip. Nov 2nd, and Nov 8th. Nov 8th is a xmas party night, and I did receive a confirmation number and my credit card was charged. The reservation never showed up on My Disney Experience, so I just called and was told the reservation had been cancelled. (certainly not by me) The CM said they don't normally have the dessert party on MVMCP nights. Is this possibly why it was cancelled? Anybody else have a reservation for the 8th of November. I tried to rebook it and the system says no times available.

Thoughts?

Thank you
Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #593
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Confused... I had booked the dessert party for two different evenings of our trip. Nov 2nd, and Nov 8th. Nov 8th is a xmas party night, and I did receive a confirmation number and my credit card was charged. The reservation never showed up on My Disney Experience, so I just called and was told the reservation had been cancelled. (certainly not by me) The CM said they don't normally have the dessert party on MVMCP nights. Is this possibly why it was cancelled? Anybody else have a reservation for the 8th of November. I tried to rebook it and the system says no times available.

Thoughts?

Thank you
Strange I know it was held the past 2 years on MVMCP nights, in fact I went last year on a party night.

Maybe a VIP rented out the entire party for the night, few years ago Tyra Banks rented out OL for a Private Party so OL was canceled to the GP

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #594
mjplantz
Always something to plan...

Checked my alerts yesterday on the mobile app and discovered November had just opened. Easily able to get our party of six booked for Nov 27th. Great thread.

Us DD(18) DD(13)
mjplantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #595
Bren95
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Strange I know it was held the past 2 years on MVMCP nights, in fact I went last year on a party night.

Maybe a VIP rented out the entire party for the night, few years ago Tyra Banks rented out OL for a Private Party so OL was canceled to the GP

I guess I am baffled by the fact that I booked it, received a confirmation, credit card was charged... and today I am told I cancelled the reservation, plus it can't be booked now on line. the CM was nice enough to put a refund through for my credit card....
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #596
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thoughts?

Thank you
One other person on the DIS listed that they have a reservation for the Party on the 8th. I wonder if their reservation was cancelled as well?

plumeriainseattle if you're reading, do you still have your reservation?

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #597
plumeriainseattle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco

One other person on the DIS listed that they have a reservation for the Party on the 8th. I wonder if their reservation was cancelled as well?

plumeriainseattle if you're reading, do you still have your reservation?

I am here, mine is still valid. When I called today to check for a BOG Res, I asked the CM to verify my dessert Res and it was good to go. I would be upset if I was you! Not sure what to tell you though.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #598
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I guess I am baffled by the fact that I booked it, received a confirmation, credit card was charged... and today I am told I cancelled the reservation, plus it can't be booked now on line. the CM was nice enough to put a refund through for my credit card....
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumeriainseattle View Post
I am here, mine is still valid. When I called today to check for a BOG Res, I asked the CM to verify my dessert Res and it was good to go. I would be upset if I was you! Not sure what to tell you though.

Oh my this is truly odd. Bren95 I hope you can get your reservation for 11/8.

I saw someone post they could not book any of the party nights either it seems like this might be a glitch of some sort, hopefully just temporary.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #599
plumeriainseattle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Oh my this is truly odd. Bren95 I hope you can get your reservation for 11/8.

I saw someone post they could not book any of the party nights either it seems like this might be a glitch of some sort, hopefully just temporary.
I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. Have alll the emails, including dates/times and the confirmatiom numbers.

Explain that you did not authorize this to be cancalled, So, obviously, there as an error on their end, Du to the issue being on their end, they need to honor the origianl reservation, NOW. It is not your fault that the DisneyDining site had a glith or whatever, due to the training it is going through.

That is what I would do..
Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #600
The Queen Bee
Earning My Ears

Is following this thread the best way to track when a month (Jan for us) will open?

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: