Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Hoop dee doo review

Is the Hoop dee doo review the only restaurant that charges your cc before you even show up.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
HollyLB
Earning My Ears

Nope- I was charged in advance for Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Polynesian, CRT & Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party as well.
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
LetsTalkWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
Is the Hoop dee doo review the only restaurant that charges your cc before you even show up.
Note: If you are using DDP credits and make the reservation with that stipulation, your credit card number is taken but not charged unless you do not show up.

1979 Off Site | 1984 DLH (ca) | 1989 TDL | 1997 Dixie Landings | 1998 CBR | 2000 CS | 2003 BC | 2005 GC (ca) | 2007 PC | 2013 BWI | 2015 CR

LetsTalkWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
mikamomof3
Earning My Ears

We were charged the full amount for 20 people on our CC when we made the reservation 6 months before our Thanksgiving trip. It was my dads card, I made the reservation and told them we were on dining plan. Thought they would just use card to hold reservation...nope. Anyway, he spends a lot and didn't even notice (I sure as heck would have). So, imagine my surprise when I check us in for dinner and the receipt she gives me shows it was billed to the CC! Hostess said it happens all the time and directed me to the office by the bathrooms to have it corrected. Well, that was a mess and was taking forever. They needed someone from each room (we had 6 hotel rooms involved) and they needed the CC...thank goodness dad had it with him! Dinner was starting so we left her one magic band from each room with the adults and kids per room so they could subtract the correct dining credits from each account. They were very friendly and nice and brought the bands back to us near the end of dinner.

The next afternoon at our hotel I had the desk print out my dining plan credits that were remaining because we had lost count of snacks and quick service and I noticed my sit down credits were incorrect. I told each room to have theirs printed and sure enough they had subtracted incorrectly from a couple rooms, but then didn't subtract any from a couple of the other rooms. So, hoop dee doo got the correct amount, but we were all messed up. It didn't affect us too much as we were all dining together and we just explained to the waiter at the next restaurant how many credits to subtract from which armband. My dad did get the credit posted to his CC account as well, but you do have to watch for that one. The waiter at Be Our Guest (which was the next restaurant we were at) said usually when guests dining credits are messed up it is always traced back to Hoop Dee Doo, lol.

BUT...Hoop Dee Doo is so wonderful it is worth any hassle that comes with it!
mikamomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Cinderella's Royal Table and the 3 dinner shows (hoop de doo, Spirit of Aloha and Mickey's Backyard Barbecue) are all prepaid. There are also several "special events" that are prepaid (for example, Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party, Flying Fish Chef's Counter, Frozen dessert party packages at DHS, the Cinderella dining at Citricos that starts Jan. 8)

Last edited by MakiraMarlena; 12-09-2014 at 09:57 AM.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
verleniahall
Mouseketeer

what CS told me is that if you want to book one of those meals, to physically CALL them so that the card is not charged for it ahead of time.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:
what CS told me is that if you want to book one of those meals, to physically CALL them so that the card is not charged for it ahead of time.
You CAN do it online but it doesn't always work. You have to be careful to see that the card is not being charged before you do the final click.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: