Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
1296MHz
Earning My Ears

Booking Vacation, need help with where to stay

Hi All,

Getting ready to book 7 days at Disney World mid October. Torn between spending $400/night at the Contemporary or saving some $$$ and staying at the Caribbean Beech Resort for around $200. Traveling with my wife, 3 year old and 6 month. Monorail would be nice but not sure it's worth a $1500-2000 increase in the overall cost.

Any advice?

Thanks!!
1296MHz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

As a family of 5, we don't have the choice; we won't fit into any of the moderates (other than Fort Wilderness, and camping is NOT my idea of a vacation!!!) We always stay Deluxe and LOVE it.

But my brother in law, who can well afford any resort on Disney property, stays at Caribbean Beach.

(But, just to play devil's advocate: you know that you can WALK a tired,cranky child back from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, right?? )

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club A change in plans...trying the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1296MHz View Post
Hi All,

Getting ready to book 7 days at Disney World mid October. Torn between spending $400/night at the Contemporary or saving some $$$ and staying at the Caribbean Beech Resort for around $200. Traveling with my wife, 3 year old and 6 month. Monorail would be nice but not sure it's worth a $1500-2000 increase in the overall cost.

Any advice?

Thanks!!
We've never stayed at the CR, but we have stayed at CBR and we loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was great, the pool was a lot of fun (and has been redone since our stay), and the buses were quick and efficient. CBR is centrally located so it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. On the other hand, the CR is great if you will be spending a lot of time at MK as it's not only convenient being on the monorail, but you are also within walking distance to/from MK. However, you can't really compare a deluxe to a moderate as they are so very different and only you can decide whether or not the extra cost is worth it for your family to be on the monorail. With that said, CBR is a great resort, IMO, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good luck deciding, but I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter which resort you choose .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
sandyplayer
Mouseketeer

being on the monorail line with little ones makes it so convenient. Not having to fold the carriage each time you have to get on and off a bus is a great perk of using the monorail. You can get to epcot this way too if going.

I think if you can swing it, staying at one of the resorts on the monorail is well worth the trip. We stayed at Poly last time and this was a great feature.
sandyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: