Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
lucky4you
Earning My Ears

Magic menu

Where can I get current menus for the Magic?
lucky4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4you View Post
Where can I get current menus for the Magic?
Try here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

There may be changes if you are cruising after the drydock. With Parrot Cay being re-done, they may change up the menu. I wouldn't mind at all but then I've eaten in PC 4 times.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
lucky4you
Earning My Ears

I was looking at Mar 2014. But, may not go till March 2015 to be better off financially. Would be even better if New Orleans gets a port by then! I have been on the Carnival Conquest once. We didn't even go into the dining rooms. We just did buffet because we are casual peeps. But, I thought a Disney cruise may be less casual dining even in the dining rooms. How do know what the menu is in advance or even once you are there? Or can you order something not listed? I have 2 boys that are currently 6 and 4. I did see that they are making changes to this ship.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Carioca's which is replacing Parrot Cay will have a new menu

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...-disney-magic/

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyoconnor View Post

And we are on the first cruise after dry dock, so Scott will have those menus updated on the blog ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyoconnor View Post

That's not good. Nothing on there DW is going to like.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was looking at Mar 2014. But, may not go till March 2015 to be better off financially. Would be even better if New Orleans gets a port by then! I have been on the Carnival Conquest once. We didn't even go into the dining rooms. We just did buffet because we are casual peeps. But, I thought a Disney cruise may be less casual dining even in the dining rooms. How do know what the menu is in advance or even once you are there? Or can you order something not listed? I have 2 boys that are currently 6 and 4. I did see that they are making changes to this ship.
By the time you sail any new menus will have been posted here on the disboards for future travelers to peruse. Once onboard, the menus are posted outside each dining room. There is a standard kids menu too and the dining rooms are cruise casual. You don't need to wear a formal and a tux every night to dinner. The rotational dining is part of the experience, your kids will love pirate night and the animation show in animators palate.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
precious2200
"I give myself very good advice. . . but I very seldom follow it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo

That's not good. Nothing on there DW is going to like.
That's ok, she can order from the kids menu and they always have basic food like plain chicken/steak

Been to Disney World more times than I can count
First Disney cruise in the works!
precious2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #10
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious2200 View Post
That's ok, she can order from the kids menu and they always have basic food like plain chicken/steak
Yeah. That doesn't really do it either. The main problem is all the shellfish, which she is allergic to. On our 7 night Fantasy cruise, she was miserable many nights. Once you got into the signature menus after the standard ones, there was way too much emphasis on shellfish. I was miserable eating because she insisted I try shellfish things and felt bad because she couldn't find anything.

This ain't our first rodeo. Hopefully, the full menu will have other selections.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #11
TheHannas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Would be even better if New Orleans gets a port by then!
I tried to Google this after I read it, I remember talks on the news about a new port being added to the port of new orleans. The only recent thing I had seen was carnival getting some of there larger ships here. I would love it if Disney would come to Louisiana! But Galveston did not interest us, if I remember it did not go to castaway cay, and we loved going to port Canaveral. Getting there is half the fun! If they did come to new orleans, getting there would be cut down to just 30 min lol!!!!

TheHannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
lucky4you
Earning My Ears

So, Silverfox, where will the new menus be posted on here? Is there a special place like a sticky or just random?

We like seafood. I read someplace that if you have something on one night from one place and like it, you can ask them to bring you that at a different place if you don't like what they have. True? We may just end up ordering steak from the kids menu.

TheHannas- We are from the Houma area and crossing fingers.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
So, Silverfox, where will the new menus be posted on here? Is there a special place like a sticky or just random?

We like seafood. I read someplace that if you have something on one night from one place and like it, you can ask them to bring you that at a different place if you don't like what they have. True? We may just end up ordering steak from the kids menu.
Oh he's the admin on the Disney Cruise Line blog, so they'll be posted there. He's going to post them on 10/20 before we leave port. The menu should be posted outside of Carioca's.

DD and I are seafood lovers. DD (age 6) has never ordered off of the kids menu (except for Mickey bars) and she began cruising at 3 1/2 (she's been on 7 DCL cruises). We order seafood every night. We've never asked for anything to be brought to us from a different place; it's never been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: