Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
amg35
DIS Veteran

Question Beach Club question - wine

This may be weird - can you purchase a bottle of wine at their market and drink it by the chairs by the pool? It's cheaper to buy your own bottle than pay for a glass each time at the bar. (I'm staying there)

Is there a corkage fee at the bar, or should I bring a corkscrew and glasses?

Just dreaming about my trip after a long work day.....
amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
GOOFY26
Mouseketeer

Glass bottles or glasses aren't allowed by the pool would have to be in plastic cups.
GOOFY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY26 View Post
Glass bottles or glasses aren't allowed by the pool would have to be in plastic cups.
Sorry, I meant on the verandah that surrounds the pool, not the actual pool.
We would get wine in glasses from the bar at the Yacht Club and drink by the rocking chairs on the verandah by the pool a couple years ago.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if the bar would have a corkage fee - to open bottle for you and give you glasses to use. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I don't know about BC but at The Mara at AKL they have a small wine selection - screw top bottles & they provide plastic wine glasses to use! We took the bottle to the hot tub & had a relaxing evening for about $10!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

We usually make drinks in the villa and put them in plastic cups and sit around the pool area. I've never gone with glasses or a whole bottle of wine.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I don't know about BC but at The Mara at AKL they have a small wine selection - screw top bottles & they provide plastic wine glasses to use! We took the bottle to the hot tub & had a relaxing evening for about $10!
Screw top would solve our problem!

I'm just remembering me and my parents enjoying wine in the evenings/night on the verandah at Yacht Club and was hoping to do it again next trip. Except this time me and my boyfriend can share the bottle instead of ordering a glass each time. I feel like in October we'll have a few nights of just hanging around the hotel after the parks close. I love to be outside there while it's getting late, looking across at the Boardwalk.

Well, I have over a year to figure this out.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
We usually make drinks in the villa and put them in plastic cups and sit around the pool area. I've never gone with glasses or a whole bottle of wine.
The only problem with that is if we get a room location like last time, it would be a pretty long hike between each glass of wine.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
ziggystardust
DIS Veteran

That is my ideal evening!!

If you are checking bags, pack a wine opener. As tacky as it sounds, I plan on packing a box of wine ( top rated btw ) to take with us. It's much more cost effective. I still plan on purchasing drinks bc I won't be carrying around a box of wine but for those early relaxing nights, that's perfect.

My only concern on those balconies is the spider bites. They seem to love me and I always come home with bites all over me. Especially in winter.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Remember, if you have too much wine, less room for Sunken Treasures

Seriously, this info is good to know
Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Remember, if you have too much wine, less room for Sunken Treasures

Seriously, this info is good to know
I don't know how to find out, perhaps I can email the Beach Club directly?

Ah, would this be first world problem?....
Old 07-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post

I don't know how to find out, perhaps I can email the Beach Club directly?

Ah, would this be first world problem?....
I know they sell wine at the Marketplace. They probably have plastic cups (wine glasses)... NinjaMom would know
Old 07-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
hughjulia
It Feels Good To Be Home

They also sell wine at one of the shops on the Boardwalk which is a short walk. I don't remember the name, but I'm sure someone on this board does.

I believe the wine at the Boardwalk was a better value than the market place. I just remember looking at it and thinking "that's not a bad price, considering we are at Disney".
hughjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #13
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Yes!! BC Marketplace sells wine - red in the cubby near the check-out and white in the refrigerated case. Not sure about bottle openers, but I've only purchased the ones that have screw tops. As for transporting, coffee cups with covers work well, or the good old refill mug. Nice to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner and stroll into Epcot.

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:23 AM   #14
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

thanks so much for the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Yes!! BC Marketplace sells wine - red in the cubby near the check-out and white in the refrigerated case. Not sure about bottle openers, but I've only purchased the ones that have screw tops. As for transporting, coffee cups with covers work well, or the good old refill mug. Nice to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner and stroll into Epcot.

you wouldn't have any more pictures would you of the groceries they sell????

thanks heaps
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #15
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

I bought a bottle or two at France and pour some in my reusable mug (I'm klassy like that) for a stroll around the water.
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: