Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
jennab
Mouseketeer

Question Advice Need - 3 resort split?

Hi all - I need some advice! I am planning a trip for Sept/Oct 2014 and as soon as I think I have everything all set, I think of something else I might like to try Our party consists of me, DH, and DS (2.5)

So here was the original plan (of course if we can get what we want based on renting points) - Mon-Thurs at BLT studio then Thurs-Thurs at 1bd BCV. The reason behind this is to catch a MNNSHP on a Tues night at MK (if the days are the same next year) and focus only on MK and monorail restaurants while at BLT. Then move to BCV for EP, HWS, and AK. The main reasons would be to visit food and wine as we have never been and have some fun swimming in SAB

Then I started to think it would be fun to stay at AKV (also haven't been). I thought it would be relaxing, fun to see animals, and go to AK. So then I started to think AKV studio 2 nights before doing the plan above (so Sat-Mon). Or AKV Sat-Tues, BLT Tues-Fri, BCV Fri-Thurs. BUT I think I might rather have most of my time at BCV?

Do you think this is too much? We have never stayed at any of these resorts so it would be an all out trip doing partial park days then partial resort or whatever we feel like days. Should we just focus on 2? Which ones? I for sure want to do BCV (F&W)!

Need some opinions!!!!
jennab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I'd prob pick 2, and save AKL for another trip.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
Hi all - I need some advice! I am planning a trip for Sept/Oct 2014 and as soon as I think I have everything all set, I think of something else I might like to try Our party consists of me, DH, and DS (2.5)

So here was the original plan (of course if we can get what we want based on renting points) - Mon-Thurs at BLT studio then Thurs-Thurs at 1bd BCV. The reason behind this is to catch a MNNSHP on a Tues night at MK (if the days are the same next year) and focus only on MK and monorail restaurants while at BLT. Then move to BCV for EP, HWS, and AK. The main reasons would be to visit food and wine as we have never been and have some fun swimming in SAB

Then I started to think it would be fun to stay at AKV (also haven't been). I thought it would be relaxing, fun to see animals, and go to AK. So then I started to think AKV studio 2 nights before doing the plan above (so Sat-Mon). Or AKV Sat-Tues, BLT Tues-Fri, BCV Fri-Thurs. BUT I think I might rather have most of my time at BCV?

Do you think this is too much? We have never stayed at any of these resorts so it would be an all out trip doing partial park days then partial resort or whatever we feel like days. Should we just focus on 2? Which ones? I for sure want to do BCV (F&W)!

Need some opinions!!!!
Everyone's opinion is different, but for me and my family, that would be too much moving around. Doing 2 resorts would be ok, but adding a 3rd would be a little much for me. With that said, I would go with BLT and BCV and concentrate on MK/MNSSHP while at BLT and then focus on Epcot/DHS while at BCV. We've stayed at AKL and while we found the buses to be great, I think BLT is a better choice with a 2.5 yo, especially for the party as you would be able to walk back to your resort if things were crazy leaving the park. Good luck deciding and happy planning .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
jennab
Mouseketeer

Thanks! That was probably why my first thought was BLT/BCV. Still thinking of adding an extra day even if we do this (so arrive at BLT on a Sun instead and either stay an extra night here or at BCV).

So many options! It's like I want to pack as much into our vacation as possible!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

Why not just go to AKL for a lovely dinner and tour around on your own? There's not a bad restaurant there and it's fun to just walk around before / after dinner. just a thought.

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 POFQ - 2015 SO Blessed !
DWillowBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
jennab
Mouseketeer

Very true! Both times we have gone to Disney we are at Jiko! It's our fav!! Unfortunately we never had time to explore as we were running late (oh fun Disney busses). Maybe this time we will go to dinner at the buffet for breakfast and go to AK after!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

I would do the split stay between BLT and BCV. I noticed that when we stayed at AKL, it seemed like we were too far away from the parks. It seemed to take forever to get anywhere especially if you're using Disney transportation. You can't beat BLT for MK and the BCV will be great for the Food and Wine festival since you can walk to the World Showcase. You might have trouble getting into BCV because of the Festival, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Nothing wrong with doing split stays. We have done split stays in the past that have included at least 3 different resorts. The last trip for my mom and I was two nights at Pop, 5 nights at Saratoga Springs and one night at Art of Animation. Our next big trip is 2 days at Riverside, 5 days at Contemporary, 4 nights on the Disney Dream, two nights at Coronado Springs, followed by one night at the beach. We like to pack in as much into a vacation as we can too. Can't seem to make up our mind on where we want to stay either.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
jennab
Mouseketeer

So if I just do BLT/BCV should I go with my original plan of 3 nights (BLT) then 7 nights BCV? Or should I add another day to BLT - 4 night and keep 7 or split differently? Plan was to focus only on MK and monorail restaurants while at BLT then the other 3 parks plus F&W at BCV.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: