Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

OP one of the main things you gotta watch out for is stress... when people go on vacations to relaxing places live islands and stuff like that a lot of people tend to lose weight reguardless of what they eat because of the lack of stress. Disney on the other hand can be very stressful so one thing that will help is to just try not to get stressed out about things while you are there (easier said then done)..
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
GadgetTheInventor
Mouseketeer

The POP is a great place for walking/running. The path around the lake provides a clear line of sight and is often empty late at night or early in the morning. You can also get up some good speed running down the themed centers at AoA during the same time. It's also pretty easy to cut over to the CBR paths.

I always throw a sack of clementines into my luggage to help add some fiber to breakfast and snacks. The POP sells clementines but they are quite expensive and the more clementines I eat, the more souvenirs I get to bring home!

Also check out the menus before you go. I love the POP food court for its diversity. In the parks, I would recommend CHH at MK because you can get steamed broccoli there. Seasons at EPCOT is wonderful, as well as the half-chicken meal at any of the parks. There is a lot of healthy QS food out there with a bit of pre-planning.

I've managed to lose weight these past two trips using the free-dining at the POP even with using all parts of the credits and often ordering the largest meals possible...and I'm not exactly an olympic athlete. Just remember to put fiber, fat, and protein before sugar and empty calories.

Good luck!
GadgetTheInventor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

The last time I went to WDW was at Christmas and I was doing low carb and on the dining plan. I found that most of the restaurants were very accommodating with some replacements or even omissions. I always asked for dressing on the side and would make veggie changes to my potato options. I also picked food that was not drenched in sauces or fried. Even ordering the salads at places were great. And you also don't have to eat everything on the plate! I only gained 2 lbs for the week and quickly lost it, so I am sure it was just the water gain from the increased salt and a few extras. (I have to have the chocolate covered rice krispy mickey heads!!!, lol)

Also, I didn't stress out about it too much. Relax and enjoy your vacation!!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: