Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
bishop1989
Mouseketeer

Grocery order to resorts

We are flying in and staying at the Boardwalk. What is the best way, or best place to order from, to have groceries; such as milk water cereal and fruit sent to our resort? What are the costs for delivery?
bishop1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
pens4821
Mouseketeer

I've read up on garden grocer. Prices a little higher than at home, but not bad (some things are). Minimum $40 order, but a $14 delivery fee. Can't figure out if it's worth it for some breakfast bars, juice, water, and snacks (chips and cookies) or not. We're going in January, and are kicking the tires on it. Would like to have some snacks/water in the room (and I'm sure even with the delivery fee it's cheaper to do so offsite than through Disney).
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

There is also We Go Shop. I don't really know all the particulars, but if you Google it, I'm sure it is on the website.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop1989 View Post
We are flying in and staying at the Boardwalk. What is the best way, or best place to order from, to have groceries; such as milk water cereal and fruit sent to our resort? What are the costs for delivery?
We recently used the Garden Grocer. I don't believe there was a delivery charge. Of course you pay more for the actual groceries but I will say they were wonderful. Top notch service. Everything we ordered was there waiting for us when we arrived. They even called me that evening to make sure we were satisfied. I would use them again and recommend them! Another option for you if staying at Boardwalk is to walk to the Hess Station which has a small market. If you only need a few things this might work. Some people toll their empty suitcase over and fill up with goods and roll it back.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
jwmoss
Mouseketeer

Before you order anything, I would make sure you will have a fridge. I don't remember the specifics, but I know that Disney World has removed the fridges from a majority of the resort rooms due to possible defects. Replacements will take up to 4 months.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmoss View Post
Before you order anything, I would make sure you will have a fridge. I don't remember the specifics, but I know that Disney World has removed the fridges from a majority of the resort rooms due to possible defects. Replacements will take up to 4 months.
Well, not a majority all at once, but they are swapping out a certain model, so yes, your room might not have one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: