Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
your friend
Mouseketeer

Changing room question.

We are arriving on the 9th of November and from the looks of it free dining might not begin until the 11th ( no confirmation just speculation from another post on the dis boards). If that is the case I would have to split my vacation. Has anyone ever done this? I wouldn't want to change resorts as we are already booked for the boardwalk. If we do have to split our stay would we be able to stay in the same room?

Trips
Pop Century: Nov. 2011
Boardwalk Inn: Nov. 2013
Art of Animation: Dec.2014

your friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

You (most likely) wouldn't have to change resorts. All of them generally participate in free dining, although you may have to jump on it to get a room if Boardwalk only opens a limited number for the promotion. I have never had a problem getting a 1 or 2 night room-only (or AP-rate or whatever) reservation leading into a free-dining reservation at the same resort.

Disney common policy is that they will not guarantee that you can remain in the same room for both reservations. Most of the time, they will do what they can to keep you in one place for the entire trip, but they cannot promise this. We have had it happen both ways - been able to stay in the same room a few times, and had to change rooms a few times. It all depends on occupancy, arrival/departures of all the other people in the resort, etc. So no guarantees.

If you end up having to switch rooms, bell services will help you move your bags when the time comes.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by your friend View Post
We are arriving on the 9th of November and from the looks of it free dining might not begin until the 11th ( no confirmation just speculation from another post on the dis boards). If that is the case I would have to split my vacation. Has anyone ever done this? I wouldn't want to change resorts as we are already booked for the boardwalk. If we do have to split our stay would we be able to stay in the same room?
The chances are pretty good that you will be able to keep the same room, however, it is not guaranteed. If you do end up splitting the reservation when/if FD comes out, have the 2 reservations linked together with a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. As the pp said, they will do everything they can to not move you, but it is not 100% guaranteed.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: