Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #16
Rosanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
If anyone is interested, I received an email from Starwood about a !39.00 special at the Dolphin and Swan through September 30th. The code is "JULYEB".

Neither is available for our dates regardless of rate but I did love staying there in April, 2012 and would totally recommend it.

Thanks for the info!
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #17
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop1989 View Post
We love the Swan and Dolphin. Good rate but going in December. Thanks.
Same here.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
Schmoodle
DIS Veteran

katallo, thanks for posting the information. I also received the email, but wasn't sure if it was legit, because it didn't come from Starwood. Then I tried to enter the code online, but got invalid, and tried to call the number in the email but it just rings and rings.

Anyone had any luck with it? If so, how did you book? What is the "complmentary upgrade? I've got another resort already booked but might consider switching for a great deal. We've stayed at the Dolphin before and it was OK.

1974 - Family Camping Trip
January 1991 - Family Trip to Westgate Vacation Villas
May 1996 - Best Girlfriend's Trip, Vacation Villas at Fantasy World
July 1998 - Hottest Trip Ever! Parkway International Resort
December 2002 - Multi-Family Dance Trip to Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2004 - Anthony and Gabbie's First Visit (Can't remember the name of the condo and don't want to try)
October 2008 - The Kids and I stay at Marrott Grande Vista
September 2009 - The Quest for Grownup Food and CSR (First On-Site) stay
January 2010 - Gabbie's Birthday Trip to Carribean Beach Resort and Wilderness Lodge
March 2010 - Sneaking away from work for a day at Epcot and the Boardwalk Inn
August 2011 - Cheating on Mickey Trip

Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
billnang
DIS Veteran

I was quoted a price of $139.00 but I need 2 rooms as there is 7 of us..
I am already book for Free dining...but am considering this too as I am not sure about the CBR.. thoughts?

My family
billnang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

My mom is looking to book here on a teacher rate for our next trip, but we can't seem to find the advantage. For when we are going the rate is $209 (plus tax)/night (January) plus the resort fee. Also, they would have to pay to get to and from the airport. Which puts them at more than a moderate and not much less than a deluxe. Is it the location that is the draw? I know you get disney transportation to the parks. Can you use EMH too? Thanks!!!
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
parkhopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
katallo, thanks for posting the information. I also received the email, but wasn't sure if it was legit, because it didn't come from Starwood. Then I tried to enter the code online, but got invalid, and tried to call the number in the email but it just rings and rings.

Anyone had any luck with it? If so, how did you book? What is the "complmentary upgrade? I've got another resort already booked but might consider switching for a great deal. We've stayed at the Dolphin before and it was OK.
I actually booked it thru Southwest Airlines. Found a decent airfare for Sept. and added on the Dolphin at the $139 rate. I don't know whats up with the upgrade.
parkhopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
Epcot82Guy
Mouseketeer

I just booked rooms at the Swan using this rate code. You actually have to call to use it - not working online. From what the agent said, you will be charged 1 night's stay as a deposit (non-refundable). The rest is.

The upgrade is to the view. So, the $139 (dolphin)/ $149 (swan) rate is for a standard view room, but you will get bumped up to a Resort View room. I would guess it could also work for a Resort View bumping up to a Resort View with a balcony. That's a pretty good deal. There is the $17/day fee others have mentioned also.

As for transportation and perks, you get Disney transportation (on the Boardwalk loop), package delivery and EMH access. No DME.

Can't wait. Having just stayed at a couple of Disney properties, I actually think Swan is my favorite "bang for buck".

If we can dream it, we can do it. - W. Disney
Epcot82Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I'm surprised so many people are fans of the S&D?! Please tell me more! I didn't think it was really a Disney Property...I mean...not really theming and can you add the DDP? Are there buses to all the parks frequently like at other Disney resorts? What's the draw?
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #24
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

No, you can't add DDP or take advantage of Magical Express, though you can use EMH.

The reason we considered the Dolphin last year was because, using the teacher's discount, I could get a Deluxe Alcove room that slept 6, for roughly the same price as teh Beach Club with a 30% PIN. http://www.swandolphin.com/accommoda...xe_alcove.html That 30% PIN was the reason I cancelled our Dolphin reservation.

But for less than the price of a Disney moderate, you're in a Deluxe resort within walking distance to two parks and the Boardwalk. Transporation, once you get there from the airport, is regular Disney transportation.

I've never been there. But, having seen it from the boat, it's my plan B if we don't get a discount or PIN from Disney next summer.

The special in this thread has a Deluxe resort at Value prices... how do you go wrong?

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 07-27-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #25
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I guess I should look more into it...though with FD I'm not sure we can beat AoA family suite for my family of six. Plus after reading some reviews on tripadvisor I'm not sure it's for us.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #26
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Actually I'm not sure there are any deals for November either?
Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #27
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Free dining may be hard to beat, expecially if any or all of your 4 kids are 10 or older.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #28
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Actually I'm not sure there are any deals for November either?
If your November dates are during Food and Wine, there isn't much need for the Swan and Dolphin to offer the great deals that they offer at other times of the year.

If your children are young, AoA is the better choice. My grandkids 3, 5 & 7 enjoyed the Dolphin but they loved Art of Animation. If you have teenaged children, then Epcot and DHS are very close to the Swan and Dolphin plus there's everything at the Boardwalk and AoA may be too "kiddie" for them.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: