Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have eaten at both many times. My preference is to Jiko.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
LillsnJills
Mouseketeer

Jiko, hands down. The atmosphere is fantastic, the service top-notch and the food incredible. It was the best meal of our trip last year, and the one we still talk about most frequently. If I had a complaint at all, the tables are a bit close, and if you have especially loud neighbors, it can be hard to ignore them.

Citricos was good, but it wasn't outstanding or particularly memorable; really it wasn't anything I couldn't have gotten at any decent restaurant anywhere in the country, and the atmosphere was lacking. The only atmospheric plus imo was being able to partially see the fireworks from our table, if we craned our necks.

Bottom line, I can't wait to go back to WDW so we can dine at Jiko again, while we probably won't ever bother with Citricos again.

LillsnJills is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #18
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone looks like either are pretty great choices I am slightly leaning towards Citricos
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
disfan07
DIS Veteran

We've never been to Jiko but we went to Citricos for my birthday in June. We thought it was amazing. I have 12+ food allergies and the chef was wonderful and the steak was melt in your mouth great. Our server was very attentive and overall just a wonderful meal.
All Star Sports (2007, 2008); All Star Music (2001); Caribbean Beach (1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999); Coronado Springs (2004); Port Orleans French Quarter (2007); Port Orleans Riverside (2014); Wilderness Lodge (2006); Pop Century (2010, 2012); Saratoga Springs (2013); The Contemporary (2013); Grand Floridian (2014)
disfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #20
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I ate at both places in January and I'd visit Jiko again in a heartbeat. I'd have to be convinced to give Citricos another shot. It was good but not great and didn't make any particular impression.
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
MSLRAC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you can only pick one I could go with Jiko because I have never been anyplace else like it. While Citricos is good, it is not unique.
Agreed! We really like both and usually book both during our trips but if I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Jiko because it is so unique and we can't get anything remotely close to it at home.
DCL Fantasy ~ Oct 2013 Oct 2014
Poly ~ Oct 2015
MSLRAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
EspositoScoresOTR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Sorry, when I read that, Inigo Montoya immediately sprang into my head.

OP, if you want to go to one of these places and have a full 3 or 4 course meal, then I think that Citricos would come out on top. But I agree that if you are more inclined to drinks and appetizers, Jiko would probably have the edge. We love both of them, but tend to prefer Citricos.
Haha, awesome use of Princess Bride quotes right there.
EspositoScoresOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
Tinkfan10
Mouseketeer

I love blogs to see how different everyone's experiences are. I wish our experience at Jiko was like what others had but it was the worst meal of our trip. My husband and I are foodie type people and we expected to be blown away, not only was the service horrible but I have had better food at restaurants back home. The OP had said the plan is for multiple courses 4-5 and that is 100% Citricos. I agree that French dining is not isolated to Disney but for the foodie and fine dining experience I would stay away from Jiko. That being said I think it should be noted that for the foodie and to get the flare of the Animal Kingdom lodge a meal at Boma should be added. It is a buffet and laid back but WOW, so unique and amazing in the food and flavor. Just remember the number one rule of the Dis, what one person loves another won't and for every bad experience or review there are double making up for it with great reviews. It is all in the personal expectations and tastes of the diner.
Tinkfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
the who #3
DIS Veteran

Smile jiko or citrico

i say jiko's. i love everything about it.

i have had several bad experiences at citrico's, but my first meal there was fantastic. others tell me they have always had great meals there.
the who #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #25
princesslilobess
Earning My Ears

I've eaten at Jiko multiple times, and only once at Citricos. I enjoyed the food at both, but I give the edge to Jiko for its atmosphere, and their food for my husbands and my tastes. If there is any way to try both I would do it, but if not I don't think you would be disappointed either way.
princesslilobess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #26
starousse
DIS Veteran

I'd say Jiko.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: