Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
tweetie
Mouseketeer

WOW $800 More for a Mod

I was pricing a vacation for just the two of us and CBR is 800 more than a value resort. I am just not sure if it is worth it. I can remember just a few years ago it was only 400 more which wasn't that big of a deal but 800 is a lot. Now trying to decide what to do
tweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

Just priced out the 8th through the 14th of December this year. POFQ vs. POP, same flights and meal plan and POP was about $500 less than POFQ. We don't spend much time at the resort so values are best for us. Would love to try POFQ for its local near DTD and its really nice. Just can't see the extra$$. $500 bucks isn't that much but it would pay for an extra sit down meal everyday. We love POP so it's just as well I guess! Have a great trip no matter where you stay!!
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetie View Post
I was pricing a vacation for just the two of us and CBR is 800 more than a value resort. I am just not sure if it is worth it. I can remember just a few years ago it was only 400 more which wasn't that big of a deal but 800 is a lot. Now trying to decide what to do
What???

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetie
Only you can decide what is worth it to you.

If you had a question about abc vs. Def, we could help you.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Our last two trips have been at mods, this time we decided to do value and since dh isn't going there will only be 4 of us so we fit I n a standard room. We stayed mod last time because we got free dining. Since our dates aren't eligible for free dining this year we decided value is good enough as we spend very little awake time at the resort.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Dis nerd
Earning My Ears

We also spend little time at the resort, so for us the extra money we save goes towards something special on the trip. If you spend lots of time at the resort maybe spending the extra on that is worth it, but if you don't the values are fine.

Dis nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
henry72
DIS Veteran

I always get our mod (CBR) on a discount so it has never been that much more than a value. Yes, there are times we don't spend much time at the resort (though the kids do love the pool), but I still find it worth it. Love the theme and that it is so quiet. Values don't appeal to us at all.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I too was surprised by the price increase when the 2014 rates came out the other day. I was shocked by the increase. I knew there would be one; I just didn't expect it to be that big of one. It's going to make our decision a difficult one too.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
$800 over how many nights? Its about $70 a night difference. Sounds about right to me. You can;t expect to upgrade to a higher resort level for much less than that.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Since we spend almost all our afternoons at our resort it is worth it for us. However if we still did the all day in the park thing we would go values.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
wysteria
Mouseketeer

we are using the stay play and dine and its only $384 difference in price for our 2 adult rooms.

But with my family, using the DDP is a must have if at all possible. It saves a lot of stress of seeing the bills from Boma etc and I order/buy things more in price ranges I can think I want to pay, not what I really want, so it allows me to not have that stress as well and get what I want.

So the value resort + upgrade to DDP from QS compared to just going with the Mod resort on the s/p/d deal is only $384
wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Our was 850.00 more to upgrade this year. I can't see paying that much. We do have FD if we would of upgraded the dining plan it would only have been around 450.00 more. But we actually prefer the QSDP and just pay OP for a couple of ts meals.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #13
katallo
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure when you are going, but the Dolphin and Swan have a special though 9/30 for $139. Also, have you considered Wyndham Bonnet Creek? "JULYEB".

Last edited by katallo; 07-19-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Add code
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

value

I would love to be able to stay at a value and save money but DH is a big guy so have to have a queen bed. why can't Disney put queens in the values sheeeesh

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
I COMPLETELY understand! I almost always stay values but in May I looked at a moderate in order to have a pool w/ deep end and Holy Cow! I was stunned.

I've had an AP for years and it wasn't but a couple of year ago that the different was as little as $30 per night during value seasons.

Yep, I decided for my usual value stay! I just can't see justifying that kind of price difference.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: