Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #61
rt2dz
DIS Veteran
 
rt2dz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 5,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

Then they will quickly be considering B attractions. This list is not perfect, it's based on my opinion. And you make good points that I respect. This may be blasphemy, but I don't consider Pan a headliner either. Anyone who refers to this list and cares enough will see early on from the ensuing discussion that Pooh is a high B (in my opinion) and will hopefully take that into consideration. That still achieves the goal while not complicating the list.
Fair enough. I can live with that.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
**Signature blocker!
rt2dz is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #62
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran
 
DWillowBay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 681

Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wookiebeck....your interpretation makes FP+ seem somehow biblical and even, yes, commanded. This makes FP+ good and mysteriously acceptable.
__________________


ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 POFQ - 2015 SO Blessed !
DWillowBay is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #63
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer
 
DummbGiRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 310

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I seemed to have missed it if it has - I read somewhere that there is a two park limit for FP+ meaning you could have 3 in MK in the morning and 3 in HS studios in the evening. Do I understand this correctly? Because I have also read that we will be limited to one park (as I seem to infer from the post about the similar situation above of getting to MK at drop to get the rides out of the way without FP and then using the 3/day one park FP at HS). I will not be heading to WDW until Oct 2014 and I'm sure it will be ironed out quite a bit by the beginning of August next year, however, I'm really trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to complete all the parks and adult attractions in 4 days (including around the world festivities and ADRs of sorts), or if I'll need a 5th day. I'll be making my hotel reservations come this November.
__________________
____________________________________

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *


DummbGiRL is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #64
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummbGiRL View Post
I apologize if this has already been asked, but I seemed to have missed it if it has - I read somewhere that there is a two park limit for FP+ meaning you could have 3 in MK in the morning and 3 in HS studios in the evening. Do I understand this correctly? Because I have also read that we will be limited to one park (as I seem to infer from the post about the similar situation above of getting to MK at drop to get the rides out of the way without FP and then using the 3/day one park FP at HS). I will not be heading to WDW until Oct 2014 and I'm sure it will be ironed out quite a bit by the beginning of August next year, however, I'm really trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to complete all the parks and adult attractions in 4 days (including around the world festivities and ADRs of sorts), or if I'll need a 5th day. I'll be making my hotel reservations come this November.
At the moment, all indications are that FP+ can be selected in only one park per day. This is expected to last for at least the near- to mid-term. You may be hearing that testers can choose FP+ in one park and then FP in another. There is sooooo much confusing out there right now, it's difficult to see what the reality is. I think you (and all of us) will have to be patient while this gets sorted out in the coming months. It is frustrating for many.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #65
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 79,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I think you (and all of us) will have to be patient while this gets sorted out in the coming months. It is frustrating for many.
Why don't we all just say, "No, thank you" when asked if we'd like a fresh slice of FP+?
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #66
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer
 
DummbGiRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Why don't we all just say, "No, thank you" when asked if we'd like a fresh slice of FP+?
The concept of FP+ is kind of a relaxing idea to me, just the newness is not. I LIKE the idea that it is limited to 3 FP+, I just wish it will be 3 in at least 2 parks each. Then again, there is something to be said about "waiting in line", but there are plenty of other rides that I'll be in line for.... especially if I want to ride twice I guess. But this is all assuming that one gets to pick whatever rides they want and are not limited to one or multiples from a group. If I find out I can't have all three mountains in MK for example, I may avoid FP+ all together and go with FP.

But mesaboy2 is right, I just need to be patient.
__________________
____________________________________

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *


DummbGiRL is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #67
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummbGiRL View Post
If I find out I can't have all three mountains in MK for example, I may avoid FP+ all together and go with FP.
You might get that option while they are in the process of rolling this out, but once it's done rolling out, old FP will go away.
mom2rtk is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #68
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummbGiRL View Post
The concept of FP+ is kind of a relaxing idea to me, just the newness is not. I LIKE the idea that it is limited to 3 FP+, I just wish it will be 3 in at least 2 parks each. Then again, there is something to be said about "waiting in line", but there are plenty of other rides that I'll be in line for.... especially if I want to ride twice I guess. But this is all assuming that one gets to pick whatever rides they want and are not limited to one or multiples from a group. If I find out I can't have all three mountains in MK for example, I may avoid FP+ all together and go with FP.

But mesaboy2 is right, I just need to be patient.
And it's something that's been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating. There is no indication the regular FP will continue to have any real priority availability once FP+ rolls out. So people can keep saying "I'll just stick to FP" but Disney wants you to use its new system. And the only way to get that to happen is to make FP+ more attractive and FP less attractive. The capacity of the attractions won't increase and those FP+ reservations have to come from somewhere.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #69
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,758

First post updated to add Illuminations. I found where this is a possible option.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #70
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
 
MickeyMinnieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Why don't we all just say, "No, thank you" when asked if we'd like a fresh slice of FP+?
Not us!!

I'll have Robo's!!
__________________
FP+, you ask?


MickeyMinnieMom is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #71
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,231

Great list. I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but when talks of this first came out (aka the last time I followed this closely ) there were talks of each park offering "tiers" of FP+ attractions - you could choose 2 attractions from Tier 1 and three from tier 2, for example. Tier 1 rides would be like Splash, Space, Big Thunder, etc. while Tier 2 would be like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. Has this been how it's worked in testing? Any indication this is how it will be when it goes live? I am going in November and want to be prepared for FP+ selections if/when I need to make them! How many FP+ selections per park has testing allowed? Thanks!
nkereina is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #72
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Great list. I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but when talks of this first came out (aka the last time I followed this closely ) there were talks of each park offering "tiers" of FP+ attractions - you could choose 2 attractions from Tier 1 and three from tier 2, for example. Tier 1 rides would be like Splash, Space, Big Thunder, etc. while Tier 2 would be like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. Has this been how it's worked in testing? Any indication this is how it will be when it goes live? I am going in November and want to be prepared for FP+ selections if/when I need to make them! How many FP+ selections per park has testing allowed? Thanks!
Attraction tiering has not been in place for any of the tests this summer--you could pick any FP+s you wanted. That concept appears to have thankfully dropped by the wayside, and hopefully it stays there. Recent tests have allowed 3 FP+ selections (all in a single park) per day, with reports of a "bonus" FP+ sometimes thrown in under certain circumstances.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #73
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran
 
SharonLowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Cool, I'll note that and see what patterns develop over time. There's certainly a potential to add this type of info to the OP, but I'm sure you'll agree that too much is in flux right now. I've pretty much bowed out of all the FP+ test/implementation threads because of that.
At least for the August test, once you make your three MK selections, the system then automatically gives you a 4th pick and it is POTC. You can then change that to anything you want. The change system is very clunky right now but hopefully people will comment and Disney will fix it.

Also, the standard reply when you comment that more FP+ are needed is that the average guest only uses 2 FP. However, that logic is flawed. They need to look at how many fast passes does the average FP user use. That will be a much higher number. The more people who comment that more FP+ are needed, the more likely it will change.

I will report more information about the test phase after tomorrow when e have outlast day of testing from YC.
__________________
Sharon
SharonLowe is offline  
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #74
tessab
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLowe View Post
At least for the August test, once you make your three MK selections, the system then automatically gives you a 4th pick and it is POTC. You can then change that to anything you want. The change system is very clunky right now but hopefully people will comment and Disney will fix it.

Also, the standard reply when you comment that more FP+ are needed is that the average guest only uses 2 FP. However, that logic is flawed. They need to look at how many fast passes does the average FP user use. That will be a much higher number. The more people who comment that more FP+ are needed, the more likely it will change.

I will report more information about the test phase after tomorrow when e have outlast day of testing from YC.

After my 3 MK picks, the automatic bonus 4th pick was HM, but as in your case, I could then change that to whatever I wanted. Should note that my first 3 picks were the mountains, so it didn't seem that you needed any lesser picks or parade/ride combo to get the 4th pick.
tessab is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #75
Kalea
Mouseketeer
 
Kalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 257

I don't have anything useful to add, but I wanted to say thank you.

This list is really helpful to organization and planning. And the extra information and suggestions are fantastic.
__________________
Kalea is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
fastpass+, information, list, priority, strategy



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: