Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #31
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Will do. I trust your insight without question.
How do I get my DH to do that?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #32
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post

How do I get my DH to do that?
I should have said Disney insight.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Great list! FYI, when I was making my August FP+ selections at MK, MSEP and Share a Dream Come True Parade also came up, but not for every day. Additionally, Ariel's Grotto can be seen on the attractions page as an option, but I couldn't select it because it will be "under refurbishment." (I'm assuming the "refurbishment" really means that it won't have FP+ up and running, but it looks like that will be an option eventually.)

Oops, missed Ariel on your list!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #34
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidMommy View Post
Great list! FYI, when I was making my August FP+ selections at MK, MSEP and Share a Dream Come True Parade also came up, but not for every day. Additionally, Ariel's Grotto can be seen on the attractions page as an option, but I couldn't select it because it will be "under refurbishment." (I'm assuming the "refurbishment" really means that it won't have FP+ up and running, but it looks like that will be an option eventually.)

Oops, missed Ariel on your list!
I expect MSEP will be a choice before long, I probably should include that as a safe bet. Celebrate a Dream Come True is not long for this world, but at some point next year something else will be in its place. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

very helpful, awesome list! Thanks so much!

One question that I have failed to discern from the LONG threads....when given the opportunity to select, you are given 'groups' to choose from, yes? In those 'groups', is there for example the option to choose say 3 of your 'A' choices....for example a BTMRR, Space, and Splash?

I am sure this has been answered so forgive my ignorance, it's just been a few days since I have had a chance to do my study of FP+ threads and I have fallen behind! This is all just a disaster, and so poorly communicated and implemented by Disney, they get a D- from me!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 07-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #36
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
very helpful, awesome list! Thanks so much!

One question that I have failed to discern from the LONG threads....when given the opportunity to select, you are given 'groups' to choose from, yes? In those 'groups', is there for example the option to choose say 3 of your 'A' choices....for example a BTMRR, Space, and Splash?

I am sure this has been answered so forgive my ignorance, it's just been a few days since I have had a chance to do my study of FP+ threads and I have fallen behind! This is all just a disaster, and so poorly communicated and implemented by Disney, they get a D- from me!
Not in the recent test nor in the current selection process. That may or may not be a thing of the past. Any three attractions can be chosen, as long as they are in a single park each day.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #37
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Now that we all kind of know what types of things are included on the FP+ choices it would be interesting to know what the time restrictions are (if any) on a given day. Especially for nights and evenings for park touring. A great touring plan with park hopping would be to start the day off at MK for EMH in the morning and then hop over to HS in the evening and have FP+ times reserved for TSM, TOT, and RnRC. Anyone with info on time restrictions?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #38
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

thanks MesaBoy, I knew I could count on you to answer!

So, this would seem to me like a problem in a way (even though it's how I would prefer it), because depending on the percentage given to FP+, the most popular ressies will be taken up on day 60 of the reservation window. Bummer if you plan a last minute trip! (is it going to be like dining, 60 + 10 days, then you may even find unavailable FP's if choosing on your 60th day..ugh, this is giving me a headache)
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #39
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Now that we all kind of know what types of things are included on the FP+ choices it would be interesting to know what the time restrictions are (if any) on a given day. Especially for nights and evenings for park touring. A great touring plan with park hopping would be to start the day off at MK for EMH in the morning and then hop over to HS in the evening and have FP+ times reserved for TSM, TOT, and RnRC. Anyone with info on time restrictions?
This is a common idea among those who have considered the best way to use FP+ given the limitations and restrictions. Which suggests getting late-day FPs for top-tier attractions may be a challenge.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #40
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Some have said that they were told that during the upcoming test, they would be able to add more FP slots once they have used their reserved slots. I'll be curious to see if that happens when it rolls out for real, would people be less inclined to want to go with the evening times.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
jenji124
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the list!

Caribbean Beach Resort (2/89, 2/90, 2/92, 2/96, 12/00, 5/04, 9/08), Coronado Springs Resort (9/09), Wilderness Lodge (9/07), Beach Club (5/05, 6/12), Port Orleans Riverside (9/13).
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #42
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Saw this photo on twitter this evening:
http://instagram.com/p/b7HV2RsQEG/

I guess that definitely confirms The Magic Carpets. Any other signs up - that we know of?
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
Old 07-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
Vertical
Gunner

FYI, my original list did not include the Electrical Parade, but it does show up now (maybe it was there previously but I missed it, but either way I didn't add it to my initial list that was posted here).

FYI, I wouldn't necessarily put Wishes! and Electrical Parade as "Chump" choices. There is a hidden, un-advertised 'bonus' of choosing 2 non-Ride FP+ choices...
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #44
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical View Post
FYI, my original list did not include the Electrical Parade, but it does show up now (maybe it was there previously but I missed it, but either way I didn't add it to my initial list that was posted here).

FYI, I wouldn't necessarily put Wishes! and Electrical Parade as "Chump" choices. There is a hidden, un-advertised 'bonus' of choosing 2 non-Ride FP+ choices...
You are enjoying this aren't you!

You know more cheat codes!
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 07-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #45
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical View Post

I infer that this is how you get the 4th FP, but I don't think the ranking system should factor in weird little Easter egg cheat codes that could come and go. If enough of these pop up over time though and they are consistent and predictable, I could add a section or note that mentions them.

Based on another couple of posts, I added CADCT to the list for now--I had already done so with MSEP.
Closed Thread

Tags
fastpass+, information, list, priority, strategy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: