Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Rosanne
DIS Veteran
 
Rosanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,089

Can my sister check in both our rooms?

My sister's plane is scheduled to come in around 2:30. She'll be taking ME over to ASMusic. I booked two rooms with my Disney Visa but one is in her name and she has a separate confirmation number and received her Disney mail to her home.

At this time, I probably won't arrive until around 7:00 p.m.. We are hoping to have connecting rooms and I figure our chances are better the earlier we are there (it's already noted on our reservations but we know it's not guaranteed).

When she checks in can she check in both our rooms or at least by checking in earlier have my room also assigned?

We have a 600 mile drive and if we leave at 8 a.m. we should land about 7:00 but if it I have to drag my kids out of bed earlier to secure a better chance of connecting rooms I will. (But it won't be pretty )
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
My sister's plane is scheduled to come in around 2:30. She'll be taking ME over to ASMusic. I booked two rooms with my Disney Visa but one is in her name and she has a separate confirmation number and received her Disney mail to her home.

At this time, I probably won't arrive until around 7:00 p.m.. We are hoping to have connecting rooms and I figure our chances are better the earlier we are there (it's already noted on our reservations but we know it's not guaranteed).

When she checks in can she check in both our rooms or at least by checking in earlier have my room also assigned?

We have a 600 mile drive and if we leave at 8 a.m. we should land about 7:00 but if it I have to drag my kids out of bed earlier to secure a better chance of connecting rooms I will. (But it won't be pretty )
She won't be able to check in for you but she will be able to ask for the connecting room, and hopefully they will reserve it for you. My daughter had checked into the WL a day ahead of us, telling them that she wanted to be close to us when we arrived, and they gave her a connecting room. Of course, they assigned the other room to someone else, but they did work very hard to get us close together. We ended up just 4 doors down.

The most important thing is to have your two reservations linked and to have connecting rooms as a request on both your reservations. We didn't have connecting rooms requested, which is why I think they didn't save the room for us.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Lyndsey
Mouseketeer
 
Lyndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boardman,Ohio
Posts: 153

I had know problem checking in for my mother on our last trip together. But that was about 3 yrs ago maybe things changed.
__________________
Lyndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsey View Post
I had know problem checking in for my mother on our last trip together. But that was about 3 yrs ago maybe things changed.
Did you check into 2 rooms or one room you were both on?
__________________
aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Lyndsey
Mouseketeer
 
Lyndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boardman,Ohio
Posts: 153

We had 2 seperate rooms..I honestly did not think anything of it when I asked. The rooms were not ready and my parents were about 1 hr away so I checked them in grabbed their packet and sat by the pool until they arrived. Maybe they let me b/c we were linked and no tickets were involved
__________________
Lyndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Rosanne
DIS Veteran
 
Rosanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,089

We also have no tickets or dining involved so maybe it will work out for her to check us in. I'm sure she would be willing to accept financial responsibility if need be until we squared it up.
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
rlovew
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,350
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosanne
We also have no tickets or dining involved so maybe it will work out for her to check us in. I'm sure she would be willing to accept financial responsibility if need be until we squared it up.
If she checks you into a room only reservation the remainder of the money due for the room will be charged immediately. They don't check you into the room until the charge is made so it depends on how you plan to pay her back for your room or if she is willing to pay for this.
__________________
Me and DH
rlovew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
wdwtink
Earning My Ears
 
wdwtink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 68

I have checked in for 3 rooms for our family but they were linked. This was in 2012
wdwtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
shell8558
DIS Veteran
 
shell8558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 1,011

My sister and I always request connecting rooms and we have never had a problem getting them - 7 trips. This year I got to the resort 2 hours before her . I got there around 3pm and asked if I had a connecting room with my sister and they checked and told me absolutely ! ( I did have both reservations linked and they were both included on one pin for free dining- which is usually the case. Not sure if that matters )
__________________
1994 WL * 2007 ASMo * 2008 ASMo* 2009 POR *2010 CBR * 2011 POR * 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek * 2013 ASSp * 2014 POP *
shell8558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #10
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.
 
Fire14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ashley, OH/ Holland, MI
Posts: 8,991

I know MY bff and niece (underage) were able to do some sweet talking and get my nieces ( listed in my rm) kttw before I got there. Disney wouldn't tell them our room number but the room bff was in had connecting door and I guess one of them got snoopy and tried niece's kttw in connecting room outside door and it worked. The room was paid in full, I had done online check in and there was tickets on both rooms, the ressies were also connected.
__________________
Fire14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.