Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
jemck82
Earning My Ears

Cost of Fruit...POR FQ

We're heading down to the french quarter in September...i know this is a crazy question...anyone know how much it is to buy fruit in the quick service restaurants? I know they are one snack credit, but we are trying to decide if we bring it in with the grocery order or just pick it up as we need it? TIA
jemck82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

A piece of fruit at Mara @ AKL was approximately $1.50. Fruit cups were close to $3.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
orangefan15
Mouseketeer

Haven't stayed at POFQ, but at other resorts QS restaurants I found that the fruit cups (mostly comprised of cantaloupe and honeydew with a couple grapes) were somewhere around $3.59-3.79. A small cup of strawberries was around $4. Individual fruit (bananas, oranges, waxed apples- blech) were around $1.50. If you eat a lot of fruit and have a way to get some with your grocery order, I'd recommend it, you will surely save money (and have better options) that way.
orangefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
jemck82
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!!
jemck82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
GadgetTheInventor
Mouseketeer

The grocery service fruit can easily be half the price, but there are downsides with ripeness issues. WDW fruit seems to be fairly ripe, though I have not tasted the melon. The grocery service can be hit or miss. If you are staying for 10 days, you will want a selection of green and yellow bananas for instance.

Where are you going to store all your fruit too? A cut cantelope takes up a lot of fridge space.

I would recommend trying out some fruit from the grocery service, but still plan to buy some unless you have room to haul extra fruit back with you. That way if the grocery food is ripe upon arrival, you can consume that first and then buy fresh from WDW...and if the grocery food is not ripe yet you can buy from WDW first and eat the grocery fruit later.

Or you can stick to something safe like apples and clementines and not worry about ripeness.

I'm sure Mousekeeping would appreciate any uncut left-over fruit you might have. With their wages, they probably can't afford much fruit.
GadgetTheInventor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: