Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #31
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Is your son staying in RI? If he does, next time you visit him, let's do lunch!

I have no idea of the temperature outside now. I'm comfortably inside with the A/C. Tomorrow tho, I go to watch DGD and their apt doesn't have A/C...just one in the LR. Have to figure out if we should park ourselves in there for the day, or go somewhere air-conditioned. Maybe IKEA will let us move in for the day, like those commercials.
Ohhhhhh, Mare, I would love that BUT no, he and his gf take the BAR on July 30-31 and then move to WASH DC for work August 24th.

BUMMMMER, Mare!!!

After they leave RI, I will not be back to the state. Just MASS, CT, and MAINE.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #32
Oreo Cookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Just in case I miss ya in between now and your trip up North, have a great time, I hear their weather right now is a lot like you have now so you stay cool too. And stay hydrated.
Thanks. If kind of funny, my family and friends keep telling me how hot and humid it is Hello? I live in Florida and it's the summer

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. DH is staying in Florida, work is very busy for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Have a good time, I am sure someone here will tweet. Oh good grief I have to get up early again......
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
And during the Arias trial, Wild hinted he might be in the courtroom for the Sneiderman trial. I don't know if he was joking but if he is there, I will definitely try and go. I will be back to work the first week in August since school starts back on August 6th, so I am not even sure I could go. But if Wild is there, I may have to sneak away. I wonder what he looks like?
It would be interesting to know what Wild looks like! I hope you can sneak away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post

Quote:
So nice to see everyone arriving, slow but sure! Welcome, and welcome back all!Yay, I won't have to do any time conversions. It being Math and all. The first couple of days should just be jury selection, which may (or may not) be interesting, if they're even streaming it. I have no idea what's going on with streaming for this trial. If we're stuck with HLN, I'm going to have a seizure the first time they press that pause button.

Saw a map on The Today Show of the heat wave in the U.S....looks like most of the U.S. is 90 or above! It's sweltering here...the humidity is suffocating. DH got stuck in traffic today and said he watched the outside temperature go up to 101, 102, 103. Ugh. I remember it going up to 109 or 110 in Arizona when we were there, but at least it's drier out there.Oh yeah, EST sucks for you west coasters! That would be interesting! I'd love to sit in at least one day at a trial. I wonder what will happen with Aaron Hernandez.
The entire county, except Alaska, is in the grips of an awful heat wave. I hope the cooler jet stream decides to dip down for everyone's sake.
Oreo Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #33
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hi everyone!

MaryAnnDVC: Excellent info and links in the first post. Thanks!!

I'm looking forward to following this case right from the start. DH and I have seen her/this story on 48 Hours and some of those type shows so we're a little familiar already with it.

It should be good. I think I'll DVR it during the day so that DH can watch it in the evenings.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Ohhhhhh, Mare, I would love that BUT no, he and his gf take the BAR on July 30-31 and then move to WASH DC for work August 24th.

BUMMMMER, Mare!!!

After they leave RI, I will not be back to the state. Just MASS, CT, and MAINE.
Darn! Well, I'm near MA and CT, seeing as how RI is so puny. But I know what it's like to go back to your hometown area. When we moved to MA from NJ, my mother worried that some friends/relatives in NJ would find out we were there and be offended, and there just wasn't enough time to see everyone, every time. It's crazy hectic, no matter how much time you have.

Oreo, DD wanted me to take DGD back to our house tomorrow, and keep her overnight, but it's just too hot! We couldn't be outside, and inside, at this point, is so not childproof. Need to work on that. I swear, she's gown up so fast, and is EXTREMELY curious, about EV.ER.Y.THING.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #35
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Oh my, just thought of something. Yup still up . I wonder if Andrea will take the stand? If so I can only imagine how much tweeting will go on....

Why oh why I am sitting here watching QVC, Christmas in July? Hey UR need Christmas lights for your mower????
Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #36
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Joining in from the Jodi thread. I have tons to read on the first post because I know nothing about this case!
Thanks Mare
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #37
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:

How are you and Baby Charlotte doing?
She is doing well!! She'll be 2 months on Sunday. Where has the time gone already? We have her two month visit a week from today, so we'll see how much she weighs. I would say, 10.5 to 11lbs. And maybe 22-23 inches long? She is in newborn diapers and clothing. I've tried her in some of her 0-3 month things and their too big. I am afraid she won't get to wear them in time, before Fall is here.

I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for the world. Charlotte is such a bright spot in our lives. I'm very content right now with our little family of 3.

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #38
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
She is doing well!! She'll be 2 months on Sunday. Where has the time gone already? We have her two month visit a week from today, so we'll see how much she weighs. I would say, 10.5 to 11lbs. And maybe 22-23 inches long? She is in newborn diapers and clothing. I've tried her in some of her 0-3 month things and their too big. I am afraid she won't get to wear them in time, before Fall is here.

I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for the world. Charlotte is such a bright spot in our lives. I'm very content right now with our little family of 3.
I bet she is a joy! Is she starting to sleep through the night? How are you doing?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #39
momrek06

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING!!!!

I HOPE EVERYONE DEALING WITH STAGGERING HEAT, STAYS NICE AND COOL!!!

Quote:
Darn! Well, I'm near MA and CT, seeing as how RI is so puny. But I know what it's like to go back to your hometown area. When we moved to MA from NJ, my mother worried that some friends/relatives in NJ would find out we were there and be offended, and there just wasn't enough time to see everyone, every time. It's crazy hectic, no matter how much time you have.

Yup, your Mom is right! We use two of Brett's weeks every year to head home and spend time seeing everyone or try to and always we return missing someone and then the emails start … 'you were home and did not call' … ugh.
As my parents get older and older I want spend a good chunk of time with them in Maine. So Mom usually has one huge BBQ and everyone comes. That helps allot.
Now with DS heading to DC … that will be another city to hit up. It was easy with him in RI because he was close to everyone.

KAR

Old 07-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
momrek06

Quote:

Oh PIGLET, what a wonderful update on baby Charlotte!!!!

KAR

Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #41
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:

I bet she is a joy! Is she starting to sleep through the night? How are you doing?
No, she's still up every 2.5 to 3 hours at night. We have gotten ourselves into a rhythm so it isn't too bad. She is a colicky little girl though. I hate it. Not sure if its reflux or not. But pretty much in the last week or so she cries from about 6 to 8, and she isn't soothed by much. Poor little thing.

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #42
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
And during the Arias trial, Wild hinted he might be in the courtroom for the Sneiderman trial. I don't know if he was joking but if he is there, I will definitely try and go. I will be back to work the first week in August since school starts back on August 6th, so I am not even sure I could go. But if Wild is there, I may have to sneak away. I wonder what he looks like?
Get us a picture, heck, ask him for an autograph, maybe he'll tweet someone just asked for an autograph and photo.

Quote:
Oh my, just thought of something. Yup still up . I wonder if Andrea will take the stand? If so I can only imagine how much tweeting will go on....

Why oh why I am sitting here watching QVC, Christmas in July? Hey UR need Christmas lights for your mower????
No, I'll pass on the Christmas lights, but I'll be tuned in for this: Gourmet Holiday.

Quote:

Awwww

Uncle Remus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #43
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

Quote:
Is your son staying in RI? If he does, next time you visit him, let's do lunch!

I have no idea of the temperature outside now. I'm comfortably inside with the A/C. Tomorrow tho, I go to watch DGD and their apt doesn't have A/C...just one in the LR. Have to figure out if we should park ourselves in there for the day, or go somewhere air-conditioned. Maybe IKEA will let us move in for the day, like those commercials.
We only have a window AC in our living room. It gets the house pretty comfy although you nearly freeze in the living room and sweat in the kitchen (opposite ends of the house).
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #44
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I'm so into this one!!!!! Jodi Arias' trial is still on my mind. I can't get enough of that mess with her and him. Never got into Zimmermans' trial. But Sniederman(sp?) will be so good. I hope GA gets it right!!!! After the casey anthony's(yes little letters) OUTRAGEOUS verdict I have much less faith in our justice system. Maybe in Florida they are lacking in "something." No flames plz re Florida. Ga. do your homework and Ms. Andrea will get her just desserts.!!! Having a wine cooler and bring it on.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #45
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

My son has been in Orlando for the last 10 days. I thought he was going to be sweating his butt off. It's been at least 10 degrees hotter here on LI the last week.

I can't wait for this trial. That woman is cray-cray.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: