Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #106
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaltink View Post
I am enjoying your thread so much! My son and I go to Disney a couple times a year, he is 16 turning 17 in November. I understand how you must feel about him growing up. It certainly is bittersweet. I wish life had a pause button, or maybe even a rewind button so I could pick him up and feel those little arms wrapped around me again.
I would love to have a pause button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Vicki great view with that table! They've changed the mahi mahi a bit since the last time we were there. I tried a bite of Em's and it was ok. That's actually saying a lot since I'm not a fish lover!

Hmmmm what sweet treat were you going to try???
I am treading carefully in my quest to like fish! The mahi was really good. Sweet treat review coming up this afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Getting caught up now! I hope you and Andrew are feeling better by now (particularly that Andrew's pain is down), and it's nice to see that you had positive experiences at Paradiso 37, 'Ohana, and Coral Reef.
Andrew is good. Now just anxious to get the stitches out so he can play again! We didn't really have any bad food experiences this trip. Bad service, now that's another story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Your fish entree sounds amazing!
It was really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
We are so similar on our Ohana preferences. I don't touch the bread, I don't touch the wings but am obsessed with the potstickers, I don't eat the noodles because they are too sweet, and I really liked the new dressing even though I was obsessed with the old dressing!
Yup, that is exactly me. I really do love those potstickers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wow, looks like you got a great table next to the tank at Coral Reef
Mmmmm, me thinks you may be heading back into world showcase for the sweet treat you mention
Me, thinks you are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Yeah!! More dining reviews! I'm glad to hear that your son is O.k.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Great coral reef run down. I've been eyeing up the Mahi for our trip later this month and you just sold me.
I hope you try it. It was delicious!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #107
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I am treading carefully in my quest to like fish! The mahi was really good. Sweet treat review coming up this afternoon!
I just found your TR and have been enjoying it. We ate at the Coral Reef for the first time when we were there in February and the Mahi Mahi was my favorite entree of the whole trip.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #108
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

So glad to read that Andrew is feeling better!

Loved your Coral Reef review. The food just looks so good, and your aquarium (and manatee) pics are great! Maybe next time we will finally make it to this restaurant! We always mean to try it and then end up changing our plans.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #109
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I just found your TR and have been enjoying it. We ate at the Coral Reef for the first time when we were there in February and the Mahi Mahi was my favorite entree of the whole trip.
Thank you. I really enjoyed it as well. I only tried it because we loved the fish tacos so much at P37 and that was mahi mahi. I am glad I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
So glad to read that Andrew is feeling better!

Loved your Coral Reef review. The food just looks so good, and your aquarium (and manatee) pics are great! Maybe next time we will finally make it to this restaurant! We always mean to try it and then end up changing our plans.
Not only is Andrew feeling better, he wants the stitches out so he can play again! CR is kind of one of those hit or miss places. I am very glad we stuck to it this year!
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 09-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #110
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

So where was our planned dessert?

Andrew had the hazelnut and coffee in a waffle cone and enjoyed both flavors very much. For some reason, I didn't take a picture.

I tried the caramel fleur de sel and almond macaron

I loved both flavors of ice cream but not so much when they started melting and mixing together. And the macaron? OMG ... my new favorite cookie. Why have I never had one of these beauties before?!

Looking forward to coming back in December and trying a bit of alcohol with my ice cream!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #111
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

So Dinner on Monday was our first major detour from our original plans. We were going to go to Kimonos for sushi and then to Sci Fi at DHS for a later dinner. But the heat completely changed our plans. In past trips, we rarely went back to the hotel midday. This trip I think we did every day in part due to the heat but also because it was fairly quick & easy to get back to our room at CBR. Especially when we could grab a cab at the Boardwalk. Ill take an $8 cab ride over Disney buses on a hot day any time! Once we got back to the room, we just didn't feel like going back to DHS.

So where did we end up?

As those of you that have followed us along may remember, AP is Andrews favorite WDW restaurant. And not so much mine. He agreed to trade it this trip for YSH so we did not initially have plans to eat here. I caved when we decided that we had to change up this dinner. Would I regret it?

Sorry for the blurry menu pic &

Our waiter, Dizzy Izzy, told us the menu had just changed that week. I was thrilled with the new menu! There wasnt much on the previous menu that thrilled me. Off to a good start!

First the bread &

We were pretty hungry and devoured this & I also treated myself to a wine flight &

Now I am normally a red wine drinker but it was just too hot. I surprised myself by enjoying the Riesling the most &

So much so that I had another glass!

Andrew, of course, had this much beloved Smokey Portobello Soup &

I was allowed one spoonful and it was truly delicious. Not too salty as some recent reports have indicated. Yes, the serving size seems smaller and the price tag isnt but this is definitely not something I can recreate at home so it is what it is.

I had the heirloom tomato and mozzarella. Izzy told us that Disney became unhappy with their mozzarella supplier so Chef Marco began making it in house &

This was simply amazing. Definitely my favorite plate of food all week. The tomatoes were so very good & fresh. The cheese perfectly salty. It was heavenly.

For my entrée, I chose the Berkshire Pork Tenderloin. It came with a cheddar egg soufflé and fresh figs 

This was AH-MAY ZING. The pork went so perfectly with the figs. The soufflé was light and airy. It was really a perfect plate of food.

Andrew surprised me by going with the pasta/veggie option. Truffle Pasta Ribbons with wild mushrooms, pearl onions and a Fontina cheese kalamata olive croquette

Again, a truly amazing dish. The pasta was obviously homemade and had a nice chewy bite and the flavors all melded perfectly.

Another look &

I guess I didnt take a picture of the dessert menu and none of the online menus are correct &

Andrew had a cappuccino

And this &

And I had this &

I am sorry to say that I do not remember what either were but know that we enjoyed them!

I cant seem to find the picture of my receipt. Total cost was $146.73 with TIW savings of $28.44.

So the answer is no, I did not regret eating here. In fact, it was the best meal of our trip. AP is back up towards the top of the signature list for me and has never left there for Andrew. A truly great meal this trip!

Last edited by GoofySon'sMom; 09-10-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #112
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

That cheddar and egg soufflé looks so delicious! Love the looks of Andrew's selection at AP. That would probably be what one of us would order if we ate there, so it was great to see it. Looks and sounds delish!

I hope Andrew will not have to sit out too much longer. Glad he's so much better.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #113
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

OMG your meal at Artists Point looked amazing. Don't you just love when simple things are done to perfection? Hand crafted cheeses have to be one of the most wonderful things out there. My hubby will make mozzarella every one in a while and once you've had it truly fresh nothing else compares.

Artist Point looks like it would likely be my fav restaurant if Id actually eaten there. Not in the cards for our Sep trip but we plan to go in January. Looks like u had no trouble getting a last minute ressie which is music to my non planning ears.
kastoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #114
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I'm happy you were able to fit AP back in and that you did not get the "salty" experience! Your dish looks wonderful! I wonder if any of our plans will change to include AP as we are staying there!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #115
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Vicki I didn't eat at AP this past trip because I don't care for the menu so much but the pork dish I WOULD eat. That really looks great.

Glad you enjoyed the tomato mozzarella salad. I was getting tired of them this trip but it must have been because I didn't have the AP version!

Andrew's dessert we'll just call a chocolate mousse top hat and yours will be called random piles of sweets. I have no idea but that sounds good.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #116
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
That cheddar and egg soufflé looks so delicious! Love the looks of Andrew's selection at AP. That would probably be what one of us would order if we ate there, so it was great to see it. Looks and sounds delish!

I hope Andrew will not have to sit out too much longer. Glad he's so much better.
The soufflé was sooo good ... light and fluffy. Stitches don't come out til Friday, he can't play til then. Long week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
OMG your meal at Artists Point looked amazing. Don't you just love when simple things are done to perfection? Hand crafted cheeses have to be one of the most wonderful things out there. My hubby will make mozzarella every one in a while and once you've had it truly fresh nothing else compares.

Artist Point looks like it would likely be my fav restaurant if Id actually eaten there. Not in the cards for our Sep trip but we plan to go in January. Looks like u had no trouble getting a last minute ressie which is music to my non planning ears.
Definitely give AP a try. We have had two great meals there and probably two where I made bad choices but Andrew and DH loved their dinners.

Very jealous of your hubby make homemade mozzarella! Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I'm happy you were able to fit AP back in and that you did not get the "salty" experience! Your dish looks wonderful! I wonder if any of our plans will change to include AP as we are staying there!
I say, go for it ... make the change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Vicki I didn't eat at AP this past trip because I don't care for the menu so much but the pork dish I WOULD eat. That really looks great.

Glad you enjoyed the tomato mozzarella salad. I was getting tired of them this trip but it must have been because I didn't have the AP version!

Andrew's dessert we'll just call a chocolate mousse top hat and yours will be called random piles of sweets. I have no idea but that sounds good.
Good name for the desserts! I can't believe none of the online menus have been updated! And it was truly the best tomato mozz salad I have ever had. All others pale by comparison!

Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #117
jabead
DIS Veteran

Your Artist Point review really makes me want to return there on our next trip. UGH!!! I wish we were all going to be there longer in December so we could fit many more restaurants into our schedule.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Andrew's soup wasn't too salty, as I really love that soup and was hoping my last experience with it was just a fluke. Oh, and here is the most recent dessert menu I've received for the live thread. Perhaps it might help to jog your memory regarding your desserts.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #118
Roma
Mouseketeer

My husband and I love Artist Point so I'm glad to see they are still dishing up good eats in our absence! That pork looks scrumptious.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #119
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed AP. My first visit there wasn't remarkable in any way but on a subsequent trip my Mother and I tried it and enjoyed it. We had Izzy as our server and thought he was great!

My last visit there in May was also good. I'm assuming they're either improving or else my first visit was just an off night. Your dessert looks wonderful!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #120
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

[QUOTE=GoofySon'sMom;49511470]I say, go for it ... make the change!

QUOTE]

It's not a change that will happen before we arrive. Most likely it would be a case of us seeing the menu and wanting to give it a shot. Having been 3 times myself and 2 with my DH and all of them being good but not great (and the last time REALLY salty) it would be hard to convince him!

However... Mushroom Soup is sometimes available in the Territory Lounge so that is probably happening at some point lol.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: